taxes and fees lowered

Rjh8842

So I was doing my daily price check and noticed the taxes and fees for my cruise has lowered. So I called rccl to see if I could get the price lowered. However I was told that in order to change the taxes and fees I would have to rebook my cruise. I cant do that because I got such a great deal I would have to pay a few hundred more for the cruise to save $30 on taxes and fees. I then asked for a obc for the $30. But after checking with the supervisor was told they could not do it. Why? Has anyone ever been able to get the taxes and fees lowered with out changing cruise cost? It is not the end of the world but I hate to spend more than necessary.

My final payment was adjusted for reduced port fees.  My understanding is that if it changes after final payment you would automatically be given OBC for the difference (but I can't confirm this).  I'm pretty sure they can't even legally refuse to reimburse those kind of fees in some way.

Because port fees and taxes are in addition to the fare, you'll get there reduction at dinner point. I've had it reduce my final payment and I've also received it as an onboard credit. Once, I've had the port tax added to my account as the port increased the tax.