Wow Sail

I always get excited when I see a sale announced...and typically the "WOW" sale is one of the best ones!  But with every sale that has popped up in the last 4 months since I booked my November 2021 cruise...I still have the lowest price!  Not sure why that is, but at least I feel pretty darn confident my deal was a good one ?     

Hopefully this newest sale will treat many of you to greater discounts!

23 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

For my future cruises the price increase offsets the additional OBC, so it's a wash

On a cruise I just booked the price was $112 more with the $75 OBC....so  not worth it for anyone booking with a crown and anchor discount...might be workable if not diamond or above and  not booking a balcony or above. 

I’m Diamond Plus and booked Junior Suites on the hump (previously Spa Juniors) for all three of my Anthem Nov cruises and my twelve night Dec cruise. With the sale, prices have dropped pretty significantly…and I have been checking nearly every day since I first booked them. Called this morning and took advantage of the price drops. One was already past final due date so the difference was added as an OBC. The second one was paid in full, but the final due date isn’t until Aug 16th…so I will get a refund applied to my credit card. The other two had the new price applied and my final payments dropped. I saved a lot of $$$$$$$! Very satisfied! 

Did some onboard bookings last night.

I believe it was explained it was better to take the C&A discount as opposed to WOW  as you would lose the WOW OBC if you change sailings.  (C&Adiscount on these sailings we’re fine)I could be mistaken, between wearing masks and an accent I had to ask numerous times for clarifications, but the gist was I was better off with my level of discounts 

12 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I thought they announced several weeks ago that they were going to start letting the C&A discounts apply universally at full value ?

WOW Sale is combinable with BOGO60 and 2022 Kicker as well as with promotional OBCs, Next Cruise offers, Instant Savings, restricted discounts (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military), Promo Code driven offers, Free Upgrades, and Shareholder Benefits, but not combinable with Crown and Anchor discounts. 

Question:

I cruise August 27th 2021 so way past final payment.  A couple of weeks ago my TA submitted a cruise adjustment, I ended up with $346 OBC.  Now during this WOW sale it's dropped another $346 but RC will not allow my TA to submit a cruise adjustment?  Can you only get one adjustment?

Anyone experience this?

I emailed RC asking this question.

(Another shut out to my TA Kelley checking after hours, she's a gem!!)

47 minutes ago, MicDay said:

Question:

I cruise August 27th 2021 so way past final payment.  A couple of weeks ago my TA submitted a cruise adjustment, I ended up with $346 OBC.  Now during this WOW sale it's dropped another $346 but RC will not allow my TA to submit a cruise adjustment?  Can you only get one adjustment?

Anyone experience this?

I emailed RC asking this question.

(Another shut out to my TA Kelley checking after hours, she's a gem!!)

While I have never repriced after FP for OBC, it is my understanding that there are no limits on the number of times you can reprice.

Update:

Just talked to RC via Instant Message, they are very fast at a response.  Yami stated you can get multiple discounts but since the form is not working they are requesting my poor TA to call.   I of course cannot do it, the only draw back to having a TA is having them do all the work, I know it's their job but I'd like to take off some of the more tedious things like calling RC.  

stupid question, but for the WOW sale OBC, is that automatically applied for ANY new booking that is made within the sale window, or do you have to physically tell them to apply the WOW promotion to get it?

I booked a sailing via my travel agent on August 12, which was the first day of the WOW sale, but I didn't realize WOW was going on.  The booking is paid in full already, as the sail date is Sept 27th.  Can't find anything on the confirmation page that states whether or not there is an OBC attached to the reservation.

On 8/14/2021 at 9:58 AM, Chadster said:

One interesting thing I've noticed with the WOW Sale as a single cruiser: I haven't been quoted the normal 200% price ("the singles penalty"). As a result, the OBC amounts are lower, but then again,  so are the fares! Alas, I don't have any C&A offers yet -- I'm still trying to get my first points!

interesting, solo cruiser (sometimes) here as well.  Which ship is this for?  Some of them have studio cabins that do not charge the "singles penalty" although I have never done this before.  I want my double points so I'm happy to get a normal cabin & pay the penalty ?

1 hour ago, PurdueFlyer said:

stupid question, but for the WOW sale OBC, is that automatically applied for ANY new booking that is made within the sale window, or do you have to physically tell them to apply the WOW promotion to get it?

Not all cabins are eligible for OBC.  A number of Indy bookings I am looking at only have OBC on interior or oceanview cabins.  Balcony cabins have no OBC on the same dates.

Your booking invoice should state if there is OBC.

1022774287_InvoiceOBC.thumb.jpg.c3a4b7eba21bc2a18a0885dfd7603adc.jpg

Not related to the OBC offer…but…when I repriced my cruises, one of them was past final payment so the difference of $422 was given as OBC. On the new confirmation receipt, there is no indication of the OBC but when I went into the Cruise Planner there was a huge banner showing it was available. My only problem was trying not to spend EVERYTHING!!…like a kid in a toy store…?

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Your booking invoice should state if there is OBC.

interesting, thanks.  Booking invoice doesn't show this, but when I search for the same sailing on royalcaribbean.com it does come up as being elegible for the $50 OBC for that category (inside GTY on a 4 night sailing in this case).   I will contact the agency.  

On 8/14/2021 at 9:29 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

While I have never repriced after FP for OBC, it is my understanding that there are no limits on the number of times you can reprice.

This is their policy on the best price guarantee program ..I have reprice more than once on a cruise recently...I would send this policy to my agent if I was you. 

Spot a better price on your booked cruise? Our Best Price Guarantee lets you take advantage of a better price up to 48 hours before your sail date — just give us a call. You’ll receive the difference as a non-refundable onboard credit inside final payment or rate adjustment outside final payment.

21 minutes ago, luvstodans said:

This is their policy on the best price guarantee program ..I have reprice more than once on a cruise recently...I would send this policy to my agent if I was you. 

Spot a better price on your booked cruise? Our Best Price Guarantee lets you take advantage of a better price up to 48 hours before your sail date — just give us a call. You’ll receive the difference as a non-refundable onboard credit inside final payment or rate adjustment outside final payment.

I have re-priced more than once on several of my cruises. The biggest drop was during the WOW sale. Never had an issue doing this.

3 hours ago, PurdueFlyer said:

Which ship is this for?  Some of them have studio cabins that do not charge the "singles penalty" although I have never done this before.  I want my double points so I'm happy to get a normal cabin & pay the penalty ?

I booked Indy for January solo in a regular room with this sale. I had been watching the price and saw it dropped and they weren't charging for the second person so I jumped on it. My MEI TA somehow even managed to get me in cheaper than I was able to price on the website and I got to pick my room..plus got the OBC which will cover gratuities.  

27 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

I booked Indy for January solo in a regular room with this sale. I had been watching the price and saw it dropped and they weren't charging for the second person so I jumped on it. My MEI TA somehow even managed to get me in cheaper than I was able to price on the website and I got to pick my room..plus got the OBC which will cover gratuities.  

any simple way of finding which sailings arent charging for the second person, or do you just have to go through and select and price each sailing individually?  Had a couple for late Jan / early Feb in mind (Navigator out of LA, in particular, which are already ridiculously cheap) that I may need to pull the trigger on (like, today.  haha).

I checked pricing on our AK cruise next May when this thread first came out, and there was less than $20 difference on our two balcony cabins.  I was good with that because I had just saved over $1100 total on the two cabins last month during a sale.  That was a real thrill, let me tell you!  lol

Then, yesterday, just for the fun of it, I checked again, and lo and behold, we saved an additional $420 total between the two cabins!  

I usually check when new sales come out, but will have to check more frequently now.  I don't really expect any more discounts on AK, even though I will check.  The balcony pricing is as low as it was just before the cruises were cancelled back in 2020.  

Thanks for the heads up, OP!

5 hours ago, PurdueFlyer said:

interesting, solo cruiser (sometimes) here as well.  Which ship is this for?

I found this to be the case on all the cruises I've booked for 2021 at least: Oasis and Anthem (2x). In each case, I've received half of the OBC for the WOW sale, and as an example, the fare on my September sailing of Oasis is exactly half what 2 cruisers pay for the same class of cabin in the same location on the ship. For my May cruise on Ovation next year, prices seem more in line with the "singles penalty", so I don't know if they've done something this year to incentivize a return to cruising or what. I just know I'm getting great deals. ?

Well my grand total is in with the WOW sale. $1,746 savings for 3 of my 4 cruises. In addition to another $700 drop from a June sale puts me at $2,446 total. Not too bad considering the era of covid. Those savings just paid our airfare to Anchorage, the only cruise with no change in price. I’m a happy cruiser! 

On 8/17/2021 at 11:17 AM, Chadster said:

I found this to be the case on all the cruises I've booked for 2021 at least: Oasis and Anthem (2x). In each case, I've received half of the OBC for the WOW sale, and as an example, the fare on my September sailing of Oasis is exactly half what 2 cruisers pay for the same class of cabin in the same location on the ship. For my May cruise on Ovation next year, prices seem more in line with the "singles penalty", so I don't know if they've done something this year to incentivize a return to cruising or what. I just know I'm getting great deals. ?

So the real question is are we getting the usual double points if we aren't paying the single supplement?  Might not find out until 1 of us sails ?

Booked a solo 4-nighter ex. LA on Navigator for January for $405 out the door, Promenade view stateroom (and got the $25 OBC).  STUPIDLY CHEAP by any measure.  But that's the only one I have purchased under the WOW sale.  Diamond Plus ain't happening via standard points accrual LOL. 

5 hours ago, PurdueFlyer said:

So the real question is are we getting the usual double points if we aren't paying the single supplement?  Might not find out until 1 of us sails ?

Booked a solo 4-nighter ex. LA on Navigator for January for $405 out the door, Promenade view stateroom (and got the $25 OBC).  STUPIDLY CHEAP by any measure.  But that's the only one I have purchased under the WOW sale.  Diamond Plus ain't happening via standard points accrual LOL. 

Yes.  The only rates that don't qualify are travel agent rates and family and friends rates that employees have access to.  Those and offers for free cruises.

If in doubt email C&A.