Testing near Miami Port

michelle

Hi all
This one maybe I can get help with before calling Royal- I have foreign clients arriving in
Miami tomorrow- sailing next week - before they can cruise, they need to get an Antigen test 
somewhere close to the Port but every site they try and sign up for want a social security
number?  anyone know if there is a place they can just go to without needing that?

ANY help is appreciated 

1 hour ago, michelle said:

Hi all
This one maybe I can get help with before calling Royal- I have foreign clients arriving in
Miami tomorrow- sailing next week - before they can cruise, they need to get an Antigen test 
somewhere close to the Port but every site they try and sign up for want a social security
number?  anyone know if there is a place they can just go to without needing that?

ANY help is appreciated 

Hey, Michelle -

I'm not sure how your clients would feel about this, but my recommendation would be for them to order one of the [qualified] online test kits before leaving home and then complete the test once they get to MIA.

I admit that I have not paid enough attention to the names of the tests that are accepted (hopefully someone else can help out) and it's likely to be a bit pricey, but it would be the easiest and most reliable thing for them, IMO.

If and when we are required to do any testing this is exactly what I intend to do EVEN THOUGH I most likely can get any PCR or Antigen test here in FL for free.  It just takes the stress out of having to find a place to test, make an appointment, get there and hope that the test results are back in time.  From what I am reading, the test results are ready in 15 minutes and all of the required paperwork is provided including the doctor (or clinician....whoever that happens to be) verification of the test procedure and everything can be uploaded to the website.

It might be pricey.  I really don't know...and I really don't care.

Best of luck.  Hopefully someone will help with providing the name(s) of some of the tests that are being accepted by RCI.

Nevermind.  I just re-read your email and see that they are leaving tomorrow.  Getting the tests in the mail ahead of time isn't an option.

DRAT !

Maybe they can go to one of the pharmacies and purchase a qualified home test ?  Is that possible ?....someone....

If you can't find a place close to the terminal. I'm trying the Binax test, ordered yesterday around 2pm pst. Approved this morning and shipped today, arriving tomorrow. There's a questionnaire they fill out in order to get the test because this test requires a prescription which was provided by the website. Don't know if there would be any availability for testing via Zoom next week. This is the website I got from @Mattblog post yesterday. It's 6 tests and costs $165.23 includes shipping no tax. Hadn't asked me for a SSN yet as I haven't done the actual test yet.

https://www.emed.com/products/covid-at-home-testkit-six-pack

One of the best/easiest labs in Miami is Biocollections (www.biocollections.com). They do not require an SSN, you can use a passport instead. They offer 1-2 day turnaround PCR testing for $75. Drive-though, preregister/prepay online. Always has lots of appointment times.

https://www.miamidade.gov/global/initiatives/coronavirus/testing-locations.page

I would start here.  It appears the first one that shows up at the Salvation Army location has the SS# as optional and allows you to sign up for an appointment ahead of time.  They appear to offer the antigen test.  When trying to get an appointment it has the option to select a country other than the United States, which I noticed CVS does not allow.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/11/2021 at 9:48 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Hey, Michelle -

I'm not sure how your clients would feel about this, but my recommendation would be for them to order one of the [qualified] online test kits before leaving home and then complete the test once they get to MIA.

I admit that I have not paid enough attention to the names of the tests that are accepted (hopefully someone else can help out) and it's likely to be a bit pricey, but it would be the easiest and most reliable thing for them, IMO.

If and when we are required to do any testing this is exactly what I intend to do EVEN THOUGH I most likely can get any PCR or Antigen test here in FL for free.  It just takes the stress out of having to find a place to test, make an appointment, get there and hope that the test results are back in time.  From what I am reading, the test results are ready in 15 minutes and all of the required paperwork is provided including the doctor (or clinician....whoever that happens to be) verification of the test procedure and everything can be uploaded to the website.

It might be pricey.  I really don't know...and I really don't care.

Best of luck.  Hopefully someone will help with providing the name(s) of some of the tests that are being accepted by RCI.

Nevermind.  I just re-read your email and see that they are leaving tomorrow.  Getting the tests in the mail ahead of time isn't an option.

DRAT !

Maybe they can go to one of the pharmacies and purchase a qualified home test ?  Is that possible ?....someone....

yes, they actually found some sites on their own but yes, I have the home tests myself for back up and they are much cheaper - thanks raye