Canceling B2B because of St Maartens?

LifesEz

Can someone confirm this?

Just had a gentleman on my Aug 21st FB Group receive an email canceling his B2B (Aug 14th & 21st) because our 21st cruise is going to St Maartens. Apparently, St Maartens is not allowing cruise ships with passengers who have been in certain countries 14 or fewer days before arriving. If true, why isn't Royal canceling St Maartens?
2 countries of interest on the restriction list are The Bahamas & Honduras.

Crazy.
Aug 21st cruise goes to Nassau, Bahamas on Aug 22nd, then St Maartens Aug 25th.
Can someone explain that one to me?

Coco Cay is in the Bahamas! Symphony Aug 29th goes to Coco Cay.

The Sept 4th Cruise goes to Roatan, Honduras Sep 7th and Coco Cay Sept 10th. 
The Sept 11th goes to St Maartens Sep 14th, then to Coco Cay in the Bahamas.
Sounds like our B4B might end up as a B3B. 
They will lose all B2B and B3Bs on Aug 29th & Sept 4th, Sept 11th, as well as Sept 18th that is a dupicate of the Sept 11 cruise and goes to St Maartens, after Coco Cay on Sept 17th.

I hope they pay for the change in my Air2Sea flight home.
They cancelled many of our ports due to various restrictions. 

18 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

...and I think this is only going to get worse.

And the rules crazier, making less logic, and being more conflicting.
You would think Royal would take a breath and consider the down line results of a decision before announcing a knee-jerk reaction.
Instead, if the above is correct, Nassau then St Maarten on the same cruise when St Maarten will not allow any visitors from the Bahamas within a 14-day window,
Emailing people their B2B is cancelled, having them make adjustments, then realizing such a conflicting determination is impossible via the cruise itself?

Slow down. Take a breath. Count to 10. Now reread the email. Make sure there are no downline conflicts. Email or adjust.

On 8/11/2021 at 7:00 PM, LifesEz said:

Can someone confirm this?

Just had a gentleman on my Aug 21st FB Group receive an email canceling his B2B (Aug 14th & 21st) because our 21st cruise is going to St Maartens. Apparently, St Maartens is not allowing cruise ships with passengers who have been in certain countries 14 or fewer days before arriving. If true, why isn't Royal canceling St Maartens?
2 countries of interest on the restriction list are The Bahamas & Honduras.

Crazy.
Aug 21st cruise goes to Nassau, Bahamas on Aug 22nd, then St Maartens Aug 25th.
Can someone explain that one to me?

Coco Cay is in the Bahamas! Symphony Aug 29th goes to Coco Cay.

The Sept 4th Cruise goes to Roatan, Honduras Sep 7th and Coco Cay Sept 10th. 
The Sept 11th goes to St Maartens Sep 14th, then to Coco Cay in the Bahamas.
Sounds like our B4B might end up as a B3B. 
They will lose all B2B and B3Bs on Aug 29th & Sept 4th, Sept 11th, as well as Sept 18th that is a dupicate of the Sept 11 cruise and goes to St Maartens, after Coco Cay on Sept 17th.

I hope they pay for the change in my Air2Sea flight home.
They cancelled many of our ports due to various restrictions. 

I just looked at the St Maarten tourism and health website, and neither Honduras nor the Bahamas are listed in the banned category. (the list was last updated on June 14 2021 however)

2 hours ago, TXcruzer said:

I just looked at the St Maarten tourism and health website, and neither Honduras nor the Bahamas are listed in the banned category. (the list was last updated on June 14 2021 however)

https://www.st-martin.org/us/covid-19/terms-and-conditions-of-travel?dt=1628873071471

The official tourism website for St. Martin, (the french carribean side) says:

"Cruise port

The reception of cruise ships is prohibited on both sides of the island.
The refueling of cruise ships is authorized."

So it may be that all cruise ships are prohibited, no matter what countries they visit. It seems unclear between the 2!

I was in St. Maarten - Phillipsburg, the Dutch side - yesterday (Celebrity Equinox). If both St. Maarten ports are closed, that order was implanted in the last 18 hours.

I just read an article in the Economist that advocated for baseline global uniformity in boarder regulations. IOW, boarders (implied to include airports and cruise ports) should be generally open for travelers with a bare minimum of public health mitigation measures. In the opinion of this author and consistent with mine many of the PH meansures are both unnecessary and not based on facts on the ground or available scientific data.

The author cited convincing economic data that realistically assessed the ridiculous costs of these crazy PH patch-work boarder entry requirements to the travel and leisure sectors of the global economy.

Amen.

1 hour ago, Kathleen said:

https://www.st-martin.org/us/covid-19/terms-and-conditions-of-travel?dt=1628873071471

The official tourism website for St. Martin, (the french carribean side) says:

"Cruise port

The reception of cruise ships is prohibited on both sides of the island.
The refueling of cruise ships is authorized."

So it may be that all cruise ships are prohibited, no matter what countries they visit. It seems unclear between the 2!

No, cruise ships are stopping there on an almost daily basis

I honestly don't know how this industry as a whole survives this. The "start up" or "restart" of cruises is proving to be a bigger mess than the shutdown. Its not getting better, its getting worse. I'm not sure its EVER going to be free going wherever, whenever without issues. You can't go here, you can't go there, you need to jump through hoops, even when you jump through those hoops wherever it was is still taken away. I don't know if this ever ends. 

I believe the industry will survive just fine, I think the issue is people want everything to be "normal." I think it is too soon to determine anything and people are in a rush. The American restart was barely 6 weeks ago. I knew mask were going to be a thing and was shocked that testing wasn't a thing right away. I also have been telling my travel party not to put any expectations on ports. These ports are places without the same access to vax and other amenities.  I have to remind family and friends all the time that patience is a virtue. These same people are attending concerts, festivals and flying. They have everything to say about me cruising, I find comfort in the safety practices of cruising. Even if that means there are a few extra hoops to jump through.