Disembark Time

wallace8

40 minutes ago, wallace8 said:

First time on Royal Caribbean for a weekend cruise out of Miami. Ship to dock at 6am on Monday morning.  I know it's a tight window, but under normal circumstances, can I get from the cruise port to the Fort Lauderdale in enough time for a 9:47 am flight?

No, maybe Miami, but not Ft Lauderdale.  I wouldn't attempt that on a weekend, but definitely not on weekday AM traffic.

51 minutes ago, wallace8 said:

First time on Royal Caribbean for a weekend cruise out of Miami. Ship to dock at 6am on Monday morning.  I know it's a tight window, but under normal circumstances, can I get from the cruise port to the Fort Lauderdale in enough time for a 9:47 am flight?

Official recommendations are to not schedule a flight before noon.  You never know when there could be an issue docking which could delay the process of getting off the ship, or delays in customs, etc..  no need in causing a stress point at the end of a relaxing trip 

The ship docking time of 6am doesn’t necessarily mean disembarkation starts at that time. The ship must be cleared by local authorities first. I would definitely reschedule my flight for later in the afternoon…mostly because I would be too worried, but that’s me. And, if I was feeling that lucky, I would also buy a lottery ticket. Just sayin’. 

9 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

On Adventure everyone was off by 9:45 or so, with the last official debark window being 10:15.

They key difference this time is you get a departure slot based on flight times, not based on cabin location

I wonder when those that drove to the port get off. We’re driving to Miami and the day we get off is Georgia/Florida game. Was hoping to be home in time to watch the game! Lol It’s a 6 hour drive to North Florida. Go Dawgs! ? (normally we’d be at the game but this cruise is trumping football!) 

On 8/11/2021 at 9:42 PM, Jill said:

I wonder when those that drove to the port get off. We’re driving to Miami and the day we get off is Georgia/Florida game. Was hoping to be home in time to watch the game! Lol It’s a 6 hour drive to North Florida. Go Dawgs! ? (normally we’d be at the game but this cruise is trumping football!) 

Unless you request an early time, your disembark time will have nothing to do with you driving to the port.  It depends on cabin location usually since they're gathering up all the luggage in the same area the night before to store it before putting it out at the port.  

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

Unless you request an early time, your disembark time will have nothing to do with you driving to the port.  It depends on cabin location usually since they're gathering up all the luggage in the same area the night before to store it before putting it out at the port.  

Gotcha. We always walk off with ours. Early worm and all that.