Yikes! Why did I do it?

FionaMG

I had a couple of spare hours on my hands this afternoon and with just 47 days to go till it's cruise day I thought it would be a good idea just to check that the outfits I was planning on taking are all in decent condition, clean, still fit, etc.

Big mistake. I guess all my cruise clothes are fed up of being locked away in the wardrobe for nearly two years as they were all clamouring to be allowed into the suitcase. My cruise is a week long and I have enough outfits in the "maybe" pile for a round-the-world trip! ?

Oh well, at least I had fun trying them all on and parading up and down in front of the mirror. And I'm glad to report they do all still fit! ?

19 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I'm glad to report they do all still fit! ?

Great news! Especially when you're from the land of custard tarts. If that was me I'd have had to buy two completely new wardrobes after a year of Covid confinement (and the tart consumption that would require for sanity maintenance). ?

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

Great news! Especially when you're from the land of custard tarts. If that was me I'd have had to buy two completely new wardrobes after a year of Covid confinement (and the tart consumption that would require for sanity maintenance). ?

I have to admit - and this is probably sacrilegious - that I don't actually like the custard tarts, although I must be about the only person in the whole country who doesn't and I always recommend them to visitors. That said there is plenty of other great food to be had here. Portuguese cuisine is not widely known but it is very very good. ?

Luckily, I have been working at home for nearly a decade now, so the confinement didn't really affect my day-to-day life much and I was able to keep up my normal training routine. Otherwise, believe me, I would have been shopping for a new wardrobe too! ?

44 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

That "maybe" pile could be telling you it's time to schedule a couple more voyages.

I'm sure you're right and I have a dozen or so planned in my mind. ?

In fact, the only reason I don't have another already on the books is that the one I have my eye on sails from NJ and I can't bring myself to put money down on it while we Europeans are still not allowed into the US. Now if Royal would only extend the "sail by" date on their CWC by just one measly month that would be all the incentive I'd need to get my credit card out! I do keep checking the price every couple of days, though, in the hope of a massive price drop that might also tempt me. ?

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

Portuguese cuisine is not widely known but it is very very good. ?

I have a neighbor who is originally from Portugal, and he's brought over some amazing Portuguese cheeses for me from time to time (along with some good wines he's discovered while working in a local liquor store). He also made us a fantastic fish stew one time, I'm hoping as the pandemic winds down and gatherings become more common that I'll have a chance to try more of his cooking. ?

I just took some of my suitcases out to let them air out and they are tempting me if you know what I mean. I want to only do a carry-on and weekender bag but my 26in ones are like "you know it's a week-long cruise AND Disney...take us, take us all" 

I am glad your clothes still fit, I lost almost 30lbs during quarantine and had to get a few new pieces. 

9 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I just took some of my suitcases out to let them air out and they are tempting me if you know what I mean. I want to only do a carry-on and weekender bag but my 26in ones are like "you know it's a week-long cruise AND Disney...take us, take us all" 

I am glad your clothes still fit, I lost almost 30lbs during quarantine and had to get a few new pieces. 

30lb is a lot! No wonder you had to get some new pieces. ?