Royal Up question

12 hours ago, bryresangel said:

I just had my Royal Up on a 1BR GS change to "Pending" and my JS one is now "Expired"......fingers crossed..........

Usually a good sign.  Our GS showed expired, Owner’s suite pending about 2 weeks prior.

We got the good news email 3 days prior to sailing.  

Problem is I don’t know how we will ever be able to sail in a regular balcony room again lol.  

We are new to this topic and didn't know it existed. The big question is how much to bid and how do you determine this. I understand that there are many factors involved and in a sold out ship this would not apply in the first place. But what are some general rules of thumb. PS  We did the first domestic saling of the Celebrity Apex and superlatives don't do it justice. We are going back in January and in April we are doing the new Wonder of the Seas transatlantic. We would consider upgrading a balcony to a Junior Suite on the Wonder and what do you think offerwise. Thanks to all and good sailing. 

@Shep go to www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade and check your emails they sometimes email you the upgrade offer as well. Royal will set the minimum bid and the cabins they are offering, then you can bid from there. Remember what you bid is X2 for the first two passengers. I take into consideration what I paid for my initial cabin and bid what I feel would be comfortable for me to pay for the upgrade. I have YET to "win" but good luck. * check the sales and prices frequently I have read here that some were able to upgrade for a good price without having to Royal UP! Beware it is very addictive 🙂

On 10/20/2021 at 9:36 PM, TB2021 said:

So…I checked on my set sail pass tonight and was pleasantly surprised to see our room was changed to a JR Suite for our Symphony departure on Saturday. I have not received an email yet stating my offer was accepted and our luggage tags still show the original room. Should I expect the luggage tags to be updated as well before we leave or should I call and have them confirm/update?

Just know that you will NOT get suite points for the royal up award.  Enjoy the JS

@ShepI keep checking the pricing on my cruises to see if there is a drop that I can take advantage of by re-booking. It’s great that Royal allows us to do that. I always book the cruise and the cabin that I want to make sure I lock it in. Sometimes, the price goes up afterward and ends up staying high, but I got it at the lower price…good for me. Sometimes the price will drop as the date gets closer because they want to entice more bookings, so I re-book…good for me! Sometimes individual cabin categories will drop in price, like Junior Suites or above. So, what may have been a way too high price now becomes doable. So I’ll upgrade and lock in the suite that I want…great for me!! Finally, if I think the price for an upgrade is too high, I’ll put in a bid. Remember, it’s twice the amount of your bid (double occupancy)…even for solos. But then it’s important to keep monitoring the pricing as the sail date gets closer…because after you bid, the price may drop to where you feel comfortable paying a little more than your bid and just upgrading to a particular cabin. If you win the bid…you don’t get to choose your cabin. It is assigned and there is no changing. Many cruisers don’t have the time to keep checking prices so they use a good travel agent. They can do the legwork for you and keep an eye on price fluctuations. Whatever you do…good luck!

On 11/5/2021 at 9:55 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

You will....but it just won't be as much fun.  😉

We have a balcony on our upcoming cruise on Jewel (which, will be great as it's my favorite class of ship and a great 8 night itinerary) but we're already looking ahead to the JS on Allure in October.