Royal Up question

This is my first time using RoyalUp. About 2 weeks ago, I put a bid in for an upgraded cabin. Today I received my cruise documents today with my original cabin number that I picked. Does this mean I didn't get upgraded or is there still a chance I could get the upgraded cabin. I have no email saying I was declined for the bid

Bids are usually good until 48hrs before sailing. If your bid is accepted…you will receive an email, your credit card will be automatically debited and your sailing documents (boarding pass and luggage tags) will be updated. You can also go to RoyalUp and check on the status of your bid. If it says pending…it’s still active.

If your bid is not accepted, you may not receive an email. Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

26 minutes ago, barjpoe said:

ok, when I go to the email that I got it says "modify/cancel" so is it still pending?

Yes. You can modify your bid up until a certain date. It’s best to go to RoyalUp and see the current status rather than rely on the original email.

18 minutes ago, BrianB said:

Yes. You can modify your bid up until a certain date. It’s best to go to RoyalUp and see the current status rather than rely on the original email.

How do I find the 'RoyalUp'? I thought I might have seen some kind of link posted here in some thread, but as there are so many & I've been away I'm 'lost'. 

thanks

On 8/10/2021 at 11:55 AM, barjpoe said:

ok, when I go to the email that I got it says "modify/cancel" so is it still pending?

You need to click on that anyway. Mine showed modify/cancel but when I clicked some bids said expired (so loser) and one said pending.

we found out on a Tuesday on one cabin and Wednesday on the other (just before a Saturday sailing)

Just got an email to RoyalUp for our 10-10 Allure cruise.  We are currently in an Owner's Suite.

I bid just a little over the minimum for a 2BR ATS (none are currently showing available).  If we were to win the upgrade ($1110), we would actually come out ahead b/c I could cancel our drink package and dining package ($1184).  I realize chances are very slim for this one.

Even slimmer are our chances of actually going on this cruise since the vax protocols have been unfavorable for us BUT if they do adjust the protocols by Oct (doubtful) and we do win the upgrade (doubtful), woohoo !!

We are also on the 10-3 Allure but that one is doomed b/c it is going to St. Thomas and they're not going to let us board at all (unless that also changes, which I don't expect).

On 8/10/2021 at 12:36 PM, barjpoe said:

ok, I just get the word 'modify' so I guess I'll just wait. It's for Odyssey sailing Sept 19.

If you see the link that says "Don't miss out! Click here to see other upgrade options on your upcoming cruise and to make a bid."

You can still click it to see all the bids and the status of each, it doesn't actually modify it unless you hit cancel or change the bid amount.

• 5 weeks later...

I sail on Saturday and just received an email that my bid was accepted (Thursday afternoon). However, when I log in, my luggage tags have not been updated to reflect the new cabin but my set sail pass has. This is my first time having a Royal Up accepted so I’m not familiar with the process. If the tags don’t update, should I use the ones for the original cabin? 

2 minutes ago, Kris816 said:

I sail on Saturday and just received an email that my bid was accepted (Thursday afternoon). However, when I log in, my luggage tags have not been updated to reflect the new cabin but my set sail pass has. This is my first time having a Royal Up accepted so I’m not familiar with the process. If the tags don’t update, should I use the ones for the original cabin? 

You can call to see if they can do a push to refresh the luggage tags (also check the last page of your eDocs). They will have blank tags at the port too. I absolutely would NOT use the old ones.

2 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

You can call to see if they can do a push to refresh the luggage tags (also check the last page of your eDocs). They will have blank tags at the port too. I absolutely would NOT use the old ones.

This. Otherwise, you will want to do what we did once.  We were upgraded at the port after we checked our luggage. We stalked the deck our old cabin was on, and grabbed our luggage when it was put in the hallway.

It felt like we were stealing luggage. 😂

2 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Thanks! I called and the rep appeared to never have been asked this before. He put me on hold four different times. His final explanation was that they do not control the platform that generates luggage tags so there isn’t anything he can do. I’m just going to DIY them. I have the plastic covers so I’ll fold blank paper and use a Sharpie marker to put name and cabin number. 

3 hours ago, Kris816 said:

Just have the porter scan your set sail pass and give you new tags. Takes an extra minute but then everything works as it should onboard. 

• 1 month later...

I bid for an upgrade 1 month prior to sail. Ever since I bid, I cannot modify it at all, it just remains “pending”.  I’ve emailed them with no response. Despite doing everything as instructed to cancel or modify, doesn’t work. No credit card charge or email saying I’ve won or lost. Only thing I can reason is it’s been accepted, but I just haven’t been notified, but seems strange that nothing has changed in the last 4 weeks. 

57 minutes ago, Eric813 said:

I bid for an upgrade 1 month prior to sail. Ever since I bid, I cannot modify it at all, it just remains “pending”.  I’ve emailed them with no response. Despite doing everything as instructed to cancel or modify, doesn’t work. No credit card charge or email saying I’ve won or lost. Only thing I can reason is it’s been accepted, but I just haven’t been notified, but seems strange that nothing has changed in the last 4 weeks. 

Nothing would change until 4 day before cruise (at best) but more then likely 1-2 days before departure. “Pending” is a good thing. 

3 hours ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Nothing would change until 4 day before cruise (at best) but more then likely 1-2 days before departure. “Pending” is a good thing. 

We depart on the Freedom tomorrow. All my bids are still pending. Trying to still be positive. I'd rather know than not. Thanks for the info. Hopefully I'll have good news tomorrow but this has been a little stressful. 

So…I checked on my set sail pass tonight and was pleasantly surprised to see our room was changed to a JR Suite for our Symphony departure on Saturday. I have not received an email yet stating my offer was accepted and our luggage tags still show the original room. Should I expect the luggage tags to be updated as well before we leave or should I call and have them confirm/update?

4 minutes ago, TB2021 said:

So…I checked on my set sail pass tonight and was pleasantly surprised to see our room was changed to a JR Suite for our Symphony departure on Saturday. I have not received an email yet stating my offer was accepted and our luggage tags still show the original room. Should I expect the luggage tags to be updated as well before we leave or should I call and have them confirm/update?

The porters will hand-make tags for you at the port for your new stateroom.  Congratulations!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, AHollyS said:

I have to click on the word pending and it takes me to the page were I can edit the offer.

When I click pending, it takes me to a page that shows the RUp offer details but it cannot be edited. I FB Msgd Royal to ask why I cannot edit. They said this is a good thing, watch my email. 

1 hour ago, Sea Squirrel said:

When I click pending, it takes me to a page that shows the RUp offer details but it cannot be edited. I FB Msgd Royal to ask why I cannot edit. They said this is a good thing, watch my email. 

I think that means they are already in the process of accepting/rejecting bids for your cruise so you can't change them anymore.  That's only a good thing if your bid is actually accepted.  So here's to hoping that's the case and they aren't allowed to tell you yet!

11 hours ago, Atlantix2000 said:

I think that means they are already in the process of accepting/rejecting bids for your cruise so you can't change them anymore.  That's only a good thing if your bid is actually accepted.  So here's to hoping that's the case and they aren't allowed to tell you yet!

We need to know how far out @Sea Squirrel's cruise is!

15 hours ago, Sea Squirrel said:

Once the page swapped to "Pending" with no other option to modify it stayed like that for a couple weeks before my bid was accepted. 

2 hours ago, KLA said:

Once the page swapped to "Pending" with no other option to modify it stayed like that for a couple weeks before my bid was accepted. 

We have our fingers crossed. We’ve read elsewhere that folks have received the coveted “pending” only to have it change to “unavailable” and all other bids go back to modify/cancel right before sailing.