Specialty Dinning Menu Question - 1 item or order multiple?

Jess S.

Hi everyone! I am going on my first cruise on Harmony of the Seas June 2022. I am super excited and looking into what specialty restaurants to pre-book.  With the specialty restaurants, do you only get one app, entrée and dessert or does it work like the complementary restaurants and you can order multiple items on the menu to try multiple apps, desserts, etc?  Also, if you don't eat all of your food do they let you get the remaining to go? Late night snack in your room? ?

Thanks so much! 

Jess

53 minutes ago, Jess S. said:

Hi everyone! I am going on my first cruise on Harmony of the Seas June 2022. I am super excited and looking into what specialty restaurants to pre-book.  With the specialty restaurants, do you only get one app, entrée and dessert or does it work like the complementary restaurants and you can order multiple items on the menu to try multiple apps, desserts, etc?  Also, if you don't eat all of your food do they let you get the remaining to go? Late night snack in your room? ?

Thanks so much! 

Jess

Welcome to the world of cruising !  I think you will love it immediately !

There are 2 ways to enjoy specialty dining.  1 - individual meals purchased or 2 - purchase a dining plan.

With individually purchased meals, you are limited to a single entree, but you are allowed to order as many appetizers, side dishes and desserts as you want.  That rule is also true with any meal plan EXCEPT for the Unlimited Dining Plan (UDP) which allows you to eat whatever you want !  The only exception with the UDP is that it does NOT include upcharge items in the specialty restaurants such as cold water lobster or the seafood towers (for example).

Frankly, since you are new to cruising, I would recommend that you try out the complimentary dining options.  There are soooo many options for eating that are included in your cruise fare.  Most likely they will try and sell you a discounted specialty restaurant meal at some point on your cruise, and if the price is right and you feel like trying something different, then you can snag one of those deals.  I don't know that I would recommend purchasing a specialty dining package before you even have a chance to try what is "free".  Either way, you will NOT go hungry !!