Transportation from Orlando to Miami

Jax

Flying into MCO Dec 17th, 2021 and staying at Disney’s Polynesian resort. Booked into Miami Intercontinental on Dec 18th.  Cruise on the 19th. These are the transportation options I am considering and would welcome any suggestions. I am willing to pay more for reliability and convenience. 

1. Fly from MCO to MIA

2. Car rental from MCO with drop off at Sixt (located at Intercontinental hotel).  Reading mixed reviews on Sixt and would welcome any intel.  Reliability is more important than price for me but the convenience of dropping off at the Intercontinental is appealing. 

3. Private ground transportation (limo, Uber etc) from MCO to Miami Intercontinental.  

*** We are flying into MCO because it is the only direct flight available from YYC. We do not want to risk any weather related delays with stopovers in Canada. Flight schedules into Miami were terrible and nothing direct into FLL. 

It it were me, or hubby for that matter, we would probably pick option 2.  When you drive, you can always control the timing the best.  Definitely not worth it to fly from MCO to MIA when you factor in all the wait time at the airports.  And too long of a drive, makes ride share unappealing.

21 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Wow, that's a really short stay at WDW.  I don't know if I could stand being there just 1 day !!

We planned so many past vacations around Disney theme parks and Disney cruises when our son was younger. I am so glad we did that because Disney no longer holds the same appeal for him.  Disney is comping our stay so we decided to stay at one of their resorts we haven’t stayed at before.  It will be fun to be back even if for only a day. 

14 minutes ago, Jax said:

We planned so many past vacations around Disney theme parks and Disney cruises when our son was younger. I am so glad we did that because Disney no longer holds the same appeal for him.  Disney is comping our stay so we decided to stay at one of their resorts we haven’t stayed at before.  It will be fun to be back even if for only a day. 

And the Polynesian is being renovated so bonus!

12 minutes ago, Jax said:

I know!! That’s why I picked that resort over their more dated properties. It has a theme park view so excited to stay there.  

We stayed at the Poly twice, both times with Theme Park view.  It's worth it.  And not sure if they still do it, but the rooms with the theme park view also give you a great view of the water parade on the lagoon.

14 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

We stayed at the Poly twice, both times with Theme Park view.  It's worth it.  And not sure if they still do it, but the rooms with the theme park view also give you a great view of the water parade on the lagoon.

Yes we will have a view of the water parade! 

16 hours ago, Jax said:

I am willing to pay more for reliability and convenience. 

Car rental is what you want, and I recommend Enterprise. One of their things is they will come pick you up to get the car (although I think other companies may offer a similar service depending on location).

we are doing the same thing in Oct.  A Disney stay for a week then down to Miami.  Initially we thought we would be driving from SC to Orlando and then to Miami and have our own car but that plan has now changed and we are wondering the best way to do the travels. Now we are flying into MCO, doing Disney for the week, renting a car to drive to Miami and then flying home out of Miami.  I can't really see any other way working without a huge cost.