Selected for Test Cruise

So as someone who never wins anything when it comes to drawings or raffles I received this email from Royal today while I was out and about. Super excited to see where they are going to assign me and trying to figure out logistics of making it onboard! I would love to hear if anyone else has received anything or even further details. I know one of the test cruises is on Wednesday.

Test Cruise.png

12 minutes ago, CruizIan said:

So as someone who never wins anything when it comes to drawings or raffles I received this email from Royal today while I was out and about. Super excited to see where they are going to assign me and trying to figure out logistics of making it onboard! I would love to hear if anyone else has received anything or even further details. I know one of the test cruises is on Wednesday.

Do you know what ship you're picked for? 

21 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Do you know what ship you're picked for? 

No it looks like I will receive other information in another email. Not sure. I would hope that since you provide your address that they try and align you to something that is close. The only one that would be pricey or stressful to do would be out of NJ. I am located on the Gulf Coast near Pensacola so Galveston or Port Canaveral are no biggie.

So far it sounds like people were selected around the same time and the emails were sent out. I’m hoping that was just a first round and that there are more selections coming up…I mean besides the inevitable re-selects due to those who can’t make it. Finger are still crossed…just getting a little numb?

I’m still wondering if a test cruiser can sail solo. I know it’s an offer for double occupancy, the chosen volunteer and a guest…but what if I don’t have anyone available to go with me on the dates listed. Or…….what if the second guest has to suddenly cancel and just doesn’t show up at the port on embarkation day. Such as when a better price option for a solo is to book for two and then cancel one at the pier. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more squire! (Yes, a Monty Python reference)?