Skyride, Drake's Seat & Magens Bay

Wilson

Has anyone done the Skyride, Drake's Seat & Magens Bay in St. Maarten? 

We prefer to book with independent companies, but planning ahead in the event we are required to book with the ship.

Wanting an excursion with the most beach time and not having much luck with Royal options.

• 1 month later...

I'm bumping this question back to the first page because I'm wondering about it too. We normally just catch a taxi to a beach, but we've never done the Skyride in St Thomas and it's not a bad price for an excursion. I'd just like to know how long you get to spend at Meagan's Bay and if you're given transportation from the Skyride back closer to the ship? Thanks to anyone who might can shed some light on this excursion! 

We took this excursion on the 22AUG21 Allure sailing with a stop at St Thomas.  I'd say we were at Meagan's Bay for 2 hours and at the top of the Skyride for about an hour.  The excursion included the ride back to the ship.

The excursion schedule intended to provided enough time for lunch at the restaurant at the top of the Skyride.  While the views were terrific at the top, the restaurant was understaffed and only a handful of the customers actually got lunch.  We ordered food but hadn't paid when we had to ride back down the mountain for our ride back to the ship. Some others had paid but received no food when they had to leave.  I'm sure they will fix this issue moving forward.  We were one of the first cruises back to the USVI and the tour operator told us they were originally planning to staff up for a November cruise restart.  

5 minutes ago, Iluv4n6 said:

While the views were terrific at the top, the restaurant was understaffed and only a handful of the customers actually got lunch.  We ordered food but hadn't paid when we had to ride back down the mountain for our ride back to the ship. Some others had paid but received no food when they had to leave. 

In my case, I got left behind by the driver.  I missed the last ride down while waiting for my change.  I had no small bills. I had to wait a long time for the driver to pick me up and take me back to the ship.   Lessons learned: bring small bills and eat fast

• 1 year later...

We did the excursion in January.  The Sky Ride ticket was included in the excursion price.  Definitely not enough time for lunch.  The views are great, but it was very crowded up there.  After taking pictures and browsing the small shops, we didn't even try to grab a drink before we got in line to ride back.  The island was very congested with traffic, so our driver warned us to get back to the bus on time for transfer back.