snorkeling in Belize

JCH123

My husband & I are hoping to go snorkeling in Belize on our cruise in a few weeks but I can't decide which snorkeling option is the best & the website/reviews very vague & not any help. I've called but no one can tell me anything more either & I'm not getting a response from my e-mail they suggested I sent to the Shore Excursions department.

Have any of you been on the "Barrier reef snorkel & island getaway" or the "Barrier reef snorkeling wonders" excursions? They sound pretty similar other than one has a "complementary" drink. Are they both to the same place, & if not, which would offer a better experience? Since this is literally a once in a lifetime trip, I'd like to go to the best place, but it seems like these are the only options through RCCL & from what I've read, it's best to go with their excursions from Belize because of the tendering schedule.

Any recommendations are much appreciated. Thank you! :-)

I've done the Barrier Reef Snorkel and Island Getaway... and it was absolutely delightful. I would highly recommend that to anyone. 

My one complaint was that as a vegetarian, food options on the island were severely lacking... mostly nachos and burgers... But they did serve local beer and coconuts that they would top off with rum.

I've done the Barrier Reef Snorkel and Island Getaway... and it was absolutely delightful. I would highly recommend that to anyone. 

My one complaint was that as a vegetarian, food options on the island were severely lacking... mostly nachos and burgers... But they did serve local beer and coconuts that they would top off with rum.

Thank you for the feedback! I'm a vegetarian as well & that's one of my big worries about the whole trip. I'd love to hear your advice about how not to subsist on salads, pastas, & side dishes for the whole cruise! Then again, coconuts filled with rum don't sound too bad... ;-)

Thank you for the feedback! I'm a vegetarian as well & that's one of my big worries about the whole trip. I'd love to hear your advice about how not to subsist on salads, pastas, & side dishes for the whole cruise! Then again, coconuts filled with rum don't sound too bad... ;-)

For those kind of excursions you can usually get away with a SEALED packaged food.. so like, almonds, protein bar, etc. to keep you held over. 

As far as cruising while vegetarian... you have NO worries. Make sure you talk to the MDR after embarkation, and while there is always a vegetarian selection on the menu they will also go out of their way to make something special. Many people on these boards RAVE about the Indian curries they'll whip up for you. 

The Windjammer is also filled with incredible selections.. I promise you, you won't starve. If you're interested in a really great veggie burger, hit Johnny Rockets one day. :) Sorrento's is also a great easy quick stop for pizzas (seriously, cheese and potato pizza is tasty), and then cafe promenade usually has some type of vegetarian selection. 

I assure you, you'll be fine. :)