xSAILEDx Oasis out of New Jersey Sept 26, 2021

RayT

• AshleyDillo changed the title to Oasis out of New Jersey Sept 26, 2021

On board the Oasis for the first leg of a back to back. The ride in was smooth…traffic was light. My arrival time was 12:30 and I got there a little after noon. The ride into the port area from Rt 440 is still messy. Lots of construction (or I should say ‘demolition’) going on. The road is bumpy and needs resurfacing…badly! Approaching the terminal was entirely different from the usual experience. No traffic…at all. Only one car ahead of me as we approached the porters to drop off my luggage. Plenty of port workers available. Then drove right into the parking garage…or should I say I ‘entered’ the garage. Plenty of spaces on the first level with many attendants directing where to park. As soon as I walked up to the front of the terminal, there were port workers checking to make sure we had our documents and then just pointed us to the door. Easy going through security, then right to a check in desk. No lines, confusion or lack of workers directing where to go. Just had to show my documents once more before getting on the escalator and onto the ship. One unusual thing…I never had to scan my boarding pass with shipboard security. That’s usually done as soon as I board. Strange. The crew is phenomenal! Even wearing masks you could tell they had huge smiles…to me that’s the best welcome! 
I think one reason why things went so smoothly were the emails Royal sent over the past two days…warning passengers not to come to the port before their assigned times as they would be refused entry. That and how well the port workers did their jobs. Oh, well…that’s just my opinion. Getting ready for sail away…we were also notified via email that departure has been pushed up to 5pm. That’s enough typing…Johnny Rockets here I come!

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Oasis out of New Jersey Sept 26, 2021