Jump to content

xSAILEDx Oasis out of New Jersey Sept 26, 2021


RayT
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Cruising With JT said:

I am onboard the week before, will make sure to keep it nice and clean for you ? Oasis cruises are a go as of now as they got approved for sailing from the CDC last I heard. It is scary not knowing what a month will look like but just hope for the best.

I am on the Sept 12th sailing.  I think it will just have mask requirements indoors and the Covid test prior; unless delta plateaus and we get lucky.

 

(Or 95%+ on board are vaccinated and they loosen up on masks, or since it's leaving from NJ which is doing decent on vaccinations they give us a break)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m on this cruise, too. It’s the second half of a back to back. Still waiting for check in to become available on both. However, check in opened this morning on the Anthem from Bayonne sailing Nov 7th…90 days out…Anthem’s first scheduled sailing from NJ.
I did receive RoyalUp offers for the Sept cruises on Oasis, so that’s a good sign that they’re still on schedule.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BrianB said:

I’m on this cruise, too. It’s the second half of a back to back. Still waiting for check in to become available on both. However, check in opened this morning on the Anthem from Bayonne sailing Nov 7th…90 days out…Anthem’s first scheduled sailing from NJ.
I did receive RoyalUp offers for the Sept cruises on Oasis, so that’s a good sign that they’re still on schedule.

Doesn't Anthem already have their CSO?  Oasis does not have it yet, test sailing is in a couple of weeks.  Hopefully once the ship returns and receives the CSO they will open check in !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anthem is sailing paying cruises in the UK. And there have also been posts where people have been able to check in prior to their ship completing US test sailings and getting their CSO. So it seems, like most things during this time of constant change, that anything can happen at anytime. Keeping my fingers crossed that sailing really is coming back full steam ahead!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My mother is from Bayonne/Cape Liberty and we will be there for her 50th HS reunion at the end of Sept.  We decided to hop on Oasis on the 26th so you won't be alone.  14th deck oceanview with larger balcony.  

Double check prices! We booked at the beginning of July and I looked a few days ago under the WOW sale and we received a $314 OBC because of the price lowering!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, wozswoman said:

My mother is from Bayonne/Cape Liberty and we will be there for her 50th HS reunion at the end of Sept.  We decided to hop on Oasis on the 26th so you won't be alone.  14th deck oceanview with larger balcony.  

Double check prices! We booked at the beginning of July and I looked a few days ago under the WOW sale and we received a $314 OBC because of the price lowering!

Welcome to the message boards! Yes, the WOW sale provided excellent prices! Took advantage of them and re-priced several cruises. Nice savings! Can’t wait to see Oasis after her amplification!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just booked Oasis for this sailing!  I'm going as a solo traveler leaving hubby and the "kids" ( last going off to college tomorrow!) behind.  
I just traveled on Adventure this past August 7-14  with the whole family and I can't wait to do the Oasis sailing out of Bayonne.  If this goes fairly smooth and I can "relax" as a solo cruiser I will book a few more, to get my C&A points to the next level.  
Can't wait to sail!  I'll be in a Boardwalk Balcony.  Lot's of empty Boardwalk Balconies on this ship so far!
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got the email about now being required to test within 2 days prior to sailing.    

Good News:  The Cruise planner has a sale on the beach club at CocoCay.  I've been to CocoCay and have not spent "that kind of money" for the Beach Club when the rest of the island is as nice.  However at $79 I'm going to treat myself and see how the other half lives.  I could not book this on my phone-I tried multiple times this morning, so I tried on my computer and voila-purchased!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Pattycruise said:

Got the email about now being required to test within 2 days prior to sailing.    

Good News:  The Cruise planner has a sale on the beach club at CocoCay.  I've been to CocoCay and have not spent "that kind of money" for the Beach Club when the rest of the island is as nice.  However at $79 I'm going to treat myself and see how the other half lives.  I could not book this on my phone-I tried multiple times this morning, so I tried on my computer and voila-purchased!

Me too! The cruise planner showed it at $79…usually it’s around $160…but it kept showing unavailable when I tried to add it to my cart. I tried my phone app…same thing. Computer…ditto. So I logged off and on and then I was able to get it. Great price for a special place. The food alone makes it well worth the admission. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is an interesting item you can purchase in the Cruise Planner under Internet and More.
Learn to Play Casino Table Games $25
Attend one of their classes (on my previous cruise it was only offered first night and second day) and you will get $25 in casino chips or in slot play AND you get 2 vouchers to use at the Casino Bar-well drinks.
We had 4 of us do this, 2 had the drink packages-so they gave us their drink vouchers. (on Adventure of the Seas it was actual small slips of paper and you hand them to the casino bar tender-they were baffled about what this was!)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:
Here is an interesting item you can purchase in the Cruise Planner under Internet and More.
Learn to Play Casino Table Games $25
Attend one of their classes (on my previous cruise it was only offered first night and second day) and you will get $25 in casino chips or in slot play AND you get 2 vouchers to use at the Casino Bar-well drinks.
We had 4 of us do this, 2 had the drink packages-so they gave us their drink vouchers. (on Adventure of the Seas it was actual small slips of paper and you hand them to the casino bar tender-they were baffled about what this was!)

I saw this on the cruise planner…but it says only for Blackjack, Roulette, three card and Texas hold ‘em…I would do it if Craps was one of the options. Do you know if craps was offered on board? Also, it’s says $25 in ‘promotional’ chips. I assume they have real value as the other option is $25 free slot play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BrianB said:

I saw this on the cruise planner…but it says only for Blackjack, Roulette, three card and Texas hold ‘em…I would do it if Craps was one of the options. Do you know if craps was offered on board? Also, it’s says $25 in ‘promotional’ chips. I assume they have real value as the other option is $25 free slot play.

It Is Real value on the chips, they are marked differently so you can’t just turn them back in for cash.  Just play them, when you win, keep playing them til gone.  The dealer was good about reminding me to put up my promotional chips before using my winnings. 
craps was offered onboard.  Idk if they had anyone standing there during instruction time.  
the cashier at the window never asked what table we sat at, when we had asked “how does this work” she seemed annoyed -lol-and said “go learn to play something and come back”.  There was no accountability except that it did have to be done during “learn how to play” casino time in the cruise compass.

I wonder if you asked the floor manager to learn craps if they would send someone over.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

 Idk if they had anyone standing there during instruction time.  
the cashier at the window never asked what table we sat at, when we had asked “how does this work” she seemed annoyed -lol-and said “go learn to play something and come back”.  There was no accountability except that it did have to be done during “learn how to play” casino time in the cruise compass.

I wonder if you asked the floor manager to learn craps if they would send someone over.  

Thanks for the info. I’ll get it on the cruise planner and then go see about craps. If not, I’ll just get the slot play.

*The casino is the only place on board where I find, shall we say…some less-than-enthusiastic employees. Maybe it’s just a casino thing. Probably due to always dealing (pun intended) with disgruntled players obsessed with losing. Management and cashiers are usually from the same mold. That said…I still find really happy, cheerful dealers who don’t let complainers bother them. Thanks, again!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, BrianB said:

Thanks for the info. I’ll get it on the cruise planner and then go see about craps. If not, I’ll just get the slot play.

*The casino is the only place on board where I find, shall we say…some less-than-enthusiastic employees. Maybe it’s just a casino thing. Probably due to always dealing (pun intended) with disgruntled players obsessed with losing. Management and cashiers are usually from the same mold. That said…I still find really happy, cheerful dealers who don’t let complainers bother them. Thanks, again!

Ironically this was prior to the casino opening for the evening.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Oasis out of New Jersey Sept 26, 2021

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...