Something to help the crew onboard

Jill

Just read this in a Facebook group. Something different to help them out. Not sure how much of this applies to Royal: 

From another cruise page: 

Spread the word!!!
We are on the MG now. If you are getting on a ship in the next couple of weeks here is a suggestion. The crew can’t get off. If you get your room Stewart and waiters something. Get them toiletries. Toothpaste, deodorant and such. They apparently have them on ship for crew but they are expensive. If possible pass onto your cruise Facebook pages.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/6/2021 at 6:46 PM, Jill said:

Just read this in a Facebook group. Something different to help them out. Not sure how much of this applies to Royal: 

From another cruise page: 

Spread the word!!!
We are on the MG now. If you are getting on a ship in the next couple of weeks here is a suggestion. The crew can’t get off. If you get your room Stewart and waiters something. Get them toiletries. Toothpaste, deodorant and such. They apparently have them on ship for crew but they are expensive. If possible pass onto your cruise Facebook pages.

Has anyone brought something extra for their cabin steward? Food/Treats? Toiletries? other ideas

2 hours ago, barjpoe said:

Has anyone brought something extra for their cabin steward? Food/Treats? Toiletries? other ideas

Cruise Director on Allure posted on his Facebook page that small wrapped treats are appreciated. There is definitely a convenience factor that crew misses out on when they can't hop off the ship on turnaround day and Uber to the Walmart anymore.  Of course this would be on top of giving them cash.  

As long as it's something consumable I'm sure they can find someone who would want it even if they personally couldn't use it.

I live in Montana and have brought local items for cabin stewart or others on a cruise.  Like Huckleberry jam.  I once brought 12  large jars of huckleberry jam onboard and gave them out to staff.  I also did that when I went to London to the hotel staff we knew.  We also mailed a cowboy hat to one suite concierge.

I am a city girl mainly but live in Montana now.

7 hours ago, barjpoe said:

I always bring the little bite size candy bars and put them out each morning with a note of thanks. At the end of cruise I leave an envelope with their name on it with some cash in my stateroom.