Error check in Royal and missing refund

Hi to all, today was opened the check-in for the Harmony on 2 September.

I compiled any field (also the pictures),  when I'm to the last part  after the accepted the Health protocol, it will go back to the start without any reason.

I tried with 3 different browser, I call royal call center and they still say that was my mistake and I'm missing something (also the operator is very rude) .

I'm an ICT technician and I know what I do with, and I'm not stupid so I'm very angry with royal assistance

(and also I'm still waiting a refund, after 60days,of more than 300€ from past deleted cruise, also here no answer)

someone could help me?

Hi @Kamehameah,

I'm sure you're much more IT savvy than I am but whenever I do anything on Royal's website I use an incognito browser. You probably tried that already but just in case you didn't. 

The other potential stumbling block I can see is that you're on the Rome departure. This cruise is doing what's called "interporting" which means there are passengers starting and ending their cruises in two different ports, in this case Rome and Barcelona. When a cruise interports, one departure port is designated as the home, or main, port and for Harmony that is Barcelona.

Royal's IT programme does not handle interporting well and this has been known in the past to cause issues for guests who are boarding at the "secondary" port, so it is possible that this is what is causing your problem. I am also sailing on Harmony in September, but from Barcelona, and was able to check in without any issues.

Note also that the photos are not necessary to complete check in; if you don't include them the check in staff at port will take them. They often take new photos even for guests who did include them during online check in. I have never bothered to upload photos during check in.

I hope you are able to get it all sorted.

56 minutes ago, Kamehameah said:

I tried everything, all incognito modes in all browsers. Nothing won't work. And the italian customer care still says is a problem of mine

That is very frustrating. Have you tried to check in using the app? Perhaps that might work for you. You need to look for the check in button at the bottom, like in this screenshot.

Screenshot_20210808-135854.thumb.jpg.620c1fd99d05734c6afc2b8b442b5854.jpg

Wait...have you checked in? Because the health protocols won't be completed until 24hrs before boarding. If you go to the app and/or CP online does it say see setsail pass? Because if so then you should be fine and eventually RCG IT will catch up. 

When I tried to originally check in when mines opened on the 2nd, it said check-in was closed. Then I went out and restarted and it was fine. Two of my travel party didn't have their passports yet, they came Fri, and it wouldn't let me scan them on the app until today.

2 hours ago, Kamehameah said:

Sure... i did it

Screenshot_20210808-163938_Royal.jpg

I wonder if that August cruise, which was cancelled but is still showing in your app, is somehow causing interference? Perhaps if you wait until after the 12th of August you might then be able to check in for your September cruise.

Also, as @Ampurp85 said, the health protocols are only to be completed 24 hours before embarkation so something is definitely odd if you were able to complete them already. I definitely didn't have to do that when I did our check in.

16 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Wait...have you checked in? Because the health protocols won't be completed until 24hrs before boarding. If you go to the app and/or CP online does it say see setsail pass? Because if so then you should be fine and eventually RCG IT will catch up. 

When I tried to originally check in when mines opened on the 2nd, it said check-in was closed. Then I went out and restarted and it was fine. Two of my travel party didn't have their passports yet, they came Fri, and it wouldn't let me scan them on the app until today.

I don't have a field where to scan my passport.

I just checked in to my Anthem cruise from New Jersey on Nov 7 (90 days out). I didn’t receive an email advising me that check in was available…I just noticed it when I viewed my account online. I competed check in and can view my set sail pass…but I still must complete the health questionnaire and go through the health protocols at the port before I will be allowed to board.

This cruise is my fifth one coming up…I have cruises in September and Oct from Port Liberty where check in is still not available…but they are on the Oasis. The Nov 7 cruise is Anthem’s first cruise out of Port Liberty.

3 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

Maybe you should uninstall the app and try again. For a while only my mariner sailing was showing and so I did that and all the rest of my sailings showed up. Also if it is just you checking in, then maybe you can call. 

Yes, I've done this twice before at times when the app was acting up. Definitely worth a try.