Coco Cay Floating Beach Club Cabana - Capacity Question

We have a group going over Spring Break Next year on the Harmony to Coco Cay.  We have reserved a Floating Cabana.  The Listed Capacity is 8. There is 13 of us total, with 6 adults and 7 teens.  We are willing to buy extra Beach club passes for the overflow and figure that it will mostly be the adults hanging out at the Floating Cabana.  The Teens will probably be just coming and going to other pools and activities.

What is everyone's experience with access to the Floating Cabana's after you get into the beach club.  Is there a different pass for the floating cabana's that you need.  If there is more than 8 people at the Cabana do they get mad?

Any guidance on this is greatly appreciated!!!

59 minutes ago, Eddieb33 said:

We have a group going over Spring Break Next year on the Harmony to Coco Cay.  We have reserved a Floating Cabana.  The Listed Capacity is 8. There is 13 of us total, with 6 adults and 7 teens.  We are willing to buy extra Beach club passes for the overflow and figure that it will mostly be the adults hanging out at the Floating Cabana.  The Teens will probably be just coming and going to other pools and activities.

What is everyone's experience with access to the Floating Cabana's after you get into the beach club.  Is there a different pass for the floating cabana's that you need.  If there is more than 8 people at the Cabana do they get mad?

Any guidance on this is greatly appreciated!!!

We were told that you could have up to 10 (2 pay for extra Beach Club Passes). You get a bracelet to wear showing that you are in a cabana (ours was green). They do ask how many people are expected in the cabana and take the names and cabin #s when you sign into the Beach Club. I am going to speculate and say that if everyone has Beach Club passes you may be able to get away with it, but make sure 3 people eat and get drinks at the beach club (or elsewhere) rather than in the cabana. 

39 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Please let me know if your get 10 in the cabana because we have 10 and I was going to be forced into booking 2 during Thanksgiving cruise this year. 

We sailed on the AOS in July so not sure if perhaps things are different for different ships and sailings? Again, we were told this by our Concierge and I also remember the Beach Club check-in staff telling us that as well. We only had 6 people but I mentioned that we might have another person join. That was when I was informed that you could pay for an additional 2 making it 10. The Beach Club Cabanas - especially the floating -   certainly are large enough for 10! 

Beach Club Floating Cabana;IMG_5890.thumb.jpeg.3b83edc0dd9f948f12469d0904a62dc5.jpeg

Beach Club Beach Cabana;IMG_7991.thumb.jpeg.a607d273bec981fb4ead168f8251877d.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Eddieb33 said:

Thank you for the information. After you get into the beach club do they have another separate check in point or gate for the floating cabanas?

No. It is the same place where you check in for the Beach Club. You tell them you have a cabana and they check the list, mark you off, take additional names of your group if they are not with you, and walk you to your Cabana. 

11 minutes ago, Eddieb33 said:

So it sounds like if in addition to the 8 cabana passes we purchases Beach Club passes for the extra people (Teens) they could probably come and go to the cabana throughout the day.

That would be my guess. The staff are wonderful. I highly doubt they will kick you out for having a few teens - who have Beach Club passes - stop by once-and-a-while. If they are over 18 I can guarantee that they will prefer the Oasis Pool like mine did!  It is about a 5-10 minute walk from the cabana (depending upon where your cabana is located). If you get Cabana #1 they should be able to swim to the Chill Island Swim-up Bar or beach, then walk across the street to the Oasis Pool. You can't tell from the map, but the Swim-up Bar is really close to Cabana #1. In the second photo the closest cabana is #1. I took this photo from the Swim-up Bar. You can see how close the Chill Island Beach is to that cabana. Have Fun! You will LOVE the Floating Cabana! 

cabana guide.jpeg

IMG_8006.JPG

IMG_2292.jpeg

• 2 months later...