Certified Vacation Planner???

deep1

A few weeks ago I received a letter from someone stating they have been  assigned to me as my "Certified Vacation Planner". In that letter they said they would assist with all booking questions and handle details...  I didn't ask for that but felt it a nice gesture as C+A and I work through trying to find the 40 days and 14 years of sailings they misplaced. Thats been an ongoing irritation for three years now. Any way.... I have questions about COVID testing on my brutally tight work schedule. Dropped her an email with a moderately extensive list of  whens and wheres and cans? "Call customer service"........ Just exactly what does she do if she doesn't answer questions as she said in the first letter?

That's just a form email/letter from Royal's marketing department hoping it will entice you to call and book cruises.  I get them occasionally.  I've never been "assigned" to the same "person" twice so I'd say it means nothing.  At least when "Hi, this is Rachel from Dealer Services" calls, it's always Rachel.  It's comforting to know she's persistent and really wants to talk to me about my car's warranty.

1 hour ago, Atlantix2000 said:

That's just a form email/letter from Royal's marketing department hoping it will entice you to call and book cruises.  I get them occasionally.  I've never been "assigned" to the same "person" twice so I'd say it means nothing.  At least when "Hi, this is Rachel from Dealer Services" calls, it's always Rachel.  It's comforting to know she's persistent and really wants to talk to me about my car's warranty.

It came with real Royal tel numbers and extensions along with direct email link... She did answer. Is she just limited to selling stuff? Like excursions or planner stuff? 

48 minutes ago, deep1 said:

It came with real Royal tel numbers and extensions along with direct email link... She did answer. Is she just limited to selling stuff? Like excursions or planner stuff? 

Good question.  I've always just booked things myself on the website or called the main customer service line.  No one that has answered the phone has ever suggested that I should have called my assigned planner instead.

I never had a planner before... Always been self serve... I have to PLAY travel agent to some degree in one of my businesses, big game fishing charters. Book air charters, coordinate to fly new guest in on the flights I have taking the previous gusts home. Booking hotels, planning meals,  provisioning drinks and snacks on top of all the fishing stuff.... So I enjoy doing my own legwork...  The drawback to doing it over the phone with random agents is some just don't get it. What I'm asking  or talking about often requires multiple  calls before I find a rep well versed or understanding of what I'm looking for. Then after three years working on a separate problem I kind of hoped this would be my one contact who could give me a clear series of steps to bringing that problem to happy resolution... 

On 8/5/2021 at 3:43 PM, deep1 said:

A few weeks ago I received a letter from someone stating they have been  assigned to me as my "Certified Vacation Planner". In that letter they said they would assist with all booking questions and handle details...  I didn't ask for that but felt it a nice gesture as C+A and I work through trying to find the 40 days and 14 years of sailings they misplaced. Thats been an ongoing irritation for three years now. Any way.... I have questions about COVID testing on my brutally tight work schedule. Dropped her an email with a moderately extensive list of  whens and wheres and cans? "Call customer service"........ Just exactly what does she do if she doesn't answer questions as she said in the first letter?

‘I’m constantly getting calls and voicemails from Carnival’s “personal certified vacation planners” ….. and we haven’t been on a cruise with them since May 2008.

• 5 months later...