RC Travel Protection Plan

DanielB

Unfortunately my mother recently lost her battle with cancer (mantel cell lymphoma-MCL)  She was booked with us in our cabin for a November cruise and we did purchase the Royal Caribbean Travel Protection Plan and the cruise was originally booked on November 2, 2019 (lift and shifted last year to this year).  When we booked the original cruise my mother did not have MCL.  Final Payment for this cruise is now upon us, my wonder MEI Agent (Beth) has been most helpful and has found that if we remove her from the reservation at this point to go to a 2 person room is more expensive so we just processed the final payment.  She stated if we did a no show at the port for my mom we would of course get her gratuities and port fees refunded and also advised of the Protection Plan but had never experienced filing a loss to them for this type of situation.  We wish to cruise, I need to cruise at this point and planning this vacation is keeping my mind on something else during this time.

Has anyone filed a loss to RCL Protection Plan- underwritten by Arch and administered my Aon.  We are from Ohio also since state residency matters.  Would I make a claim now or do I wait until after the cruise?

Thanks so much!

Sorry to hear about your mother, Daniel. Back in 2019, I had to cancel a Thanksgiving cruise due to an emergency surgery and, after filling out the paperwork and getting the doctor to sign off, the RCL travel protection policy thru Aon made me whole. In your situation, I don't see what loss you would be looking to be reimbursed. If you are referring to the additional cost of reverting to a 2 person room, that only comes into play if you rebook. Don't rebook, have your deceased mother be a "no-show" at boarding, you won't be charged anything extra and you will save yourself from having to do the paperwork. In other words, continue on and enjoy your cruise! Again, condolences on your loss.

Sorry to hear about your mother.

With respect to a claim, every policy is different. You need to read through it carefully to see what it may cover and what the acceptable notice of loss timeframe is.

I know my policy will cover reimbursement for a cabin mate's share if they couldn't cruise for a covered reason, so it is possible your policy may offer the same.