Port of Bayonne, NJ

Sailed on Anthem last December and loved the cruise. Doing it again in November. We drove down from NH to NJ (not a bad ride 4.5 hours) but found the port a little confusing. We parked in the garage and found a cart just sitting ther so we used it to transfer our luggage from the garage. Boy was that a big mistake. We got our luggage into the terminal for check in and a woman (found out during the conversation that she was a long shore-man) practically threw our luggage to the ground and yelled (yes yelled) at us for using their cart. It was an honest mistake on our part. We have been on many cruises and usually there are porters for luggage. I am 100% sure this was our own fault. I looked on line to see how we are supposed to get our luggage from the garage to the terminal but I am coming up empty. Hoping someone here can help.

Thanks,

Mark

That is one of the things that I LOATHE about Bayonne.  The longshoremen.  I had a terrible experience with them as well.  Unfortunately, it is one of those things that you just have to learn to deal with in Bayonne.  You will not find that kind of hostility and unprofessionalism anywhere else (nowhere I have sailed from, at any rate).

Since I have only taken public transportation to Bayonne, I cannot help you with the answer to your question...but the longshoremen are definitely a problem.  You just have to tiptoe around them and hope your luggage tags don't get cut off.

In Orlando we drop off one person and the luggage at the passenger drop off area and then one person goes and parks the car. Maybe this would work in NJ?

I do the same at Bayonne and have never had anything but good experiences with the porters.  Drive around in the circle, drop off the luggage and proceed to the garage.  Sorry others have had negative experiences.   

Thanks Rick. I think I missed the drop off circle. When we arrived we followed the signs right to the garage. I will have to pay better attention when we go next time. 

To WAAAYTOOO point though what is it that the longshoreman do at the cruise ports? I thought that RC (or their hired vendor) handle luggage for passengers? Like you I have never had this issue anywhere else.

I do the same at Bayonne and have never had anything but good experiences with the porters.  Drive around in the circle, drop off the luggage and proceed to the garage.  Sorry others have had negative experiences.   

Ditto. Much easier than trying to lug family and stuff back from garage.