WiFi calling question

In my experience in the Caribbean I have been successful with wifi calling using only Surf.  British Isles is another matter.  Which ship?  If it's a newer ship he will do much better but regardless of ship, satellite internet is still subject to outages when there is heavy rain or in other temporary situations.   

Also, wifi in cabin is not always the best signal and it can be hard to find a quiet place on a ship that doesn't have background music piped in.  The library is one spot but then again that isn't great for talking on a cell phone for the sake of other guests in the library.

30 minutes ago, twangster said:

The library is one spot but then again that isn't great for talking on a cell phone for the sake of other guests in the library.

I say this realizing all ships are not the same....

On Adventure (Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries) I went to the RC Online room and was able to make a well connected wi-fi call (using plain Surf) without any external noise or bothering anyone.  There was no one there other than me.

From what I experienced, RC Online only gets busy the day before the cruise ends when everyone is trying to check-in for their flights.