Concern Involving Guarentee Room

Thought I'd post this and see if anyone else has dealt with this particular issue. I had originally booked my upcoming cruise on Independance and it ended up being one of the sailings that were moved to Odyessy (it's also had the itenerary 100% replaced, but that's a different issue). We were booked in an 2 Bedroom Grand Suite on Indy (note, it was a standard booking, not a guarentee). Odyessy, for those who don't know, has a lot fewer large suites than Indy (only 2 of the same category we booked as opposed to 6 on Indy, and similar problems on the higher categories). Since the sailing switched to Odyessy, we've been shown as a GTY, which is really concerning to me because of this simple math problem.  Now my TA says we should get the original  category or better, but this math concerns me, partuiculalry since I'm pretty sure all 6 of the suites in our category were booked on Indy. 

Can anyone else out there reassure me so I stop overthinking this? 

All you can do is wait until they have a firm cabin for you.  Different ships classes don't map to each other well and there are limited resources who are all very busy handling an overload of rebookings.  

You may or may not like the outcome so start preparing yourself for that scenario.

I was in a 2 bedroom Aquatheater suite on Allure that was mapped to a 2 bedroom grand suite on Liberty.  The only thing these have in common are two bedrooms.  One is Star Class the other is not.  So on and so forth.  At the end of the day after a lot of back and forth that was the best they could do so I requested a refund. 

I hated losing the booking but there is this pandemic wreaking havoc on the world and my bad day losing a great cruise booking seemed pale in comparison to what some people have been through so I got over my initial disappointment pretty quickly. 

58 minutes ago, twangster said:

All you can do is wait until they have a firm cabin for you.  Different ships classes don't map to each other well and there are limited resources who are all very busy handling an overload of rebookings.  

You may or may not like the outcome so start preparing yourself for that scenario.

I was in a 2 bedroom Aquatheater suite on Allure that was mapped to a 2 bedroom grand suite on Liberty.  The only thing these have in common are two bedrooms.  One is Star Class the other is not.  So on and so forth.  At the end of the day after a lot of back and forth that was the best they could do so I requested a refund. 

I hated losing the booking but there is this pandemic wreaking havoc on the world and my bad day losing a great cruise booking seemed pale in comparison to what some people have been through so I got over my initial disappointment pretty quickly. 

That's pretty much the mode I'm in. Looking at where they could put us, the other larger Sky class suite would be a downgrade in our eyes since it doesn't offer a second bedroom space (we like our privacy and our own beds). If they push us up into one of the lofts, the Star stuff would outweigh the other factors I think. We'll see how it goes. IF they do push us downward, will probably cancel. 

I had a very similar experience with a chartered cruise.  I was scheduled for 1-16-22 OA and was booked in the Owner's Panoramic Suite.  That cruise got cancelled due to a full ship charter.  They were willing to move me to the 1-30-22 OA sailing but the OPS is one-of-a-kind and was already booked.  They moved me to one of the Star Loft Suites but refused to price protect the booking so I ended up in a lower category suite for more money.

I still have that booking !  ...but I never really intended to take it.  I am still pi$$sed off about the way they handled it.  Now I'm really glad that I didn't cancel right away (I would have gotten an FCC) b/c now I will be able to get a cash refund if the vax protocols do not lighten up - and I fully expect they will NOT.

The great thing about the big suites are they are AWESOME.  The bad thing about the big suites is that they are scarce.  If you have to start switching ships it becomes very difficult to get equity.  I do, however, have a story about a GOOD outcome when changing ships.  MANY months ago I booked an Owner's Suite on Empress with the express intention of L&S to another ship.  The end result was a Star Loft Suite on Allure...so in that case, I actually ended up with a BETTER suite for the same price.  So it does happen...it's just very, very rare.

• 1 month later...