Cancellation Insights

Allen2

We just got notice this morning, via e-mail from RCL, that our February Caribbean cruise has been cancelled along with all excursions.  Upon checking Royal's website, there is no cancellation notice for the February cruise, BUT there is a cancellation notice for the first of three B2Bs next year from Australia-NZ-Hawaii-Vancouver (only one of the three so far).  What has been everyone's experience with cancellation notices?  Best route to take?  Royal's current refund posture? Have already forwarded info to TA.  Thanks for any insight.

11 minutes ago, Allen2 said:

We just got notice this morning, via e-mail from RCL, that our February Caribbean cruise has been cancelled along with all excursions.  Upon checking Royal's website, there is no cancellation notice for the February cruise, BUT there is a cancellation notice for the first of three B2Bs next year from Australia-NZ-Hawaii-Vancouver (only one of the three so far).  What has been everyone's experience with cancellation notices?  Best route to take?  Royal's current refund posture? Have already forwarded info to TA.  Thanks for any insight.

If you don't mind me asking, which sip and out of where?

Several weeks ago they cancelled my HNL-YVR on Quantum, which was the third of a series of AU/NZ/TP cruises for us.  The first 2 were on OV out of SYD, and at the time, those were both still scheduled to sail.  I didn't really want to take the first 2 on OV without the final leg to YVR so I cancelled the 2 OV cruises myself (RFD).

Now that they have finally cancelled the OV cruises that I originally had booked, I feel fully vindicated !!  I would have lost those cruises in the end, anyway.  I figured they wouldn't sail so it turned out to be a good decision to just cancel them myself AND I am now so glad that I booked those AU/NZ cruises as refundable...it was so easy to just cancel.

It doesn't look like there are any possible shifts for any of them so I didn't lose anything by cancelling.

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Several weeks ago they cancelled my HNL-YVR on Quantum, which was the third of a series of AU/NZ/TP cruises for us.  The first 2 were on OV out of SYD, and at the time, those were both still scheduled to sail.  I didn't really want to take the first 2 on OV without the final leg to YVR so I cancelled the 2 OV cruises myself (RFD).

Now that they have finally cancelled the OV cruises that I originally had booked, I feel fully vindicated !!  I would have lost those cruises in the end, anyway.  I figured they wouldn't sail so it turned out to be a good decision to just cancel them myself AND I am now so glad that I booked those AU/NZ cruises as refundable...it was so easy to just cancel.

It doesn't look like there are any possible shifts for any of them so I didn't lose anything by cancelling.

agree - AUS/NZ just are not budging - glad you cancelled ahead too