Royal Caribbean Guest Services

Need to vent a bit here. Our stop at St. Kitts later in the month was cancelled. Got the email notification that the cost of the excursion we had booked would be refunded to us, in 30-45 days. I said, I don't think so, 30-45 days is unacceptable. I called Royal last night and told them that I would like to cancel that myself, so as to get the ball rolling quicker. I was told that I could not cancel it, but that Royal had, and that was all that could be done. I pushed the issues and was then told that they could cancel it right then. Second part, I booked this excursion for my wife and I and our daughter, paid for all three on my card.  Our daughter is in a different cabin than we are. The agent said that he could refund the money for my wife and I, but that they could not refund the money for our daughter until she calls in and authorizes it. That statement made absolutely no since as I did not need her authorization to book her on the excursion to begin with. Adding to that, I had just cancelled and rebooked an excursion on Coco Cay two weeks ago and there was no issue then. I was told that approval was needed to give that refund, so I was on hold, hold, hold until he finally came back and said he had gotten the approval for the cancelation and to refund what I had spent on our daughter.  Long story short, I was on the phone with them for over an hour to accomplish something that could have been done in 5 minutes.

Thank you for allowing me to vent.

As with many interactions with operators working for large corporations that are undergoing constant change due to the pandemic…(hotels, airlines, etc) I have also found that policies and rules change so quickly that it’s sometimes difficult to get everyone on the same page. So I will inevitably get different answers from different operators. With what’s going on now, I sort of expect it. So my usual strategy is to call back until I get an answer I’m comfortable with. Sometimes it can be a pain as I am put on hold while they ‘check with a supervisor’ etc… Being persistent is time-consuming but hopefully brings me to the right result. You hear lots of stories of different people getting different results for the same issue at the same time. I guess it’s going to be like this for some time…….

ps….venting is good!

I almost did not take our first trip on Royal because of customer service.  They charged me for 4 rooms instead of 2 rooms (Don't understand how). After many calls they figured it out, but it took almost 10 days to get the money back. Once I was on the ship, I understand why we put up with the lack of customer service help.  Then after the 2020 mess I now have a TA to deal with them. I'm a control freak when it comes to vacations, so it was hard to let go.

You should be able to log into your reservation, go to "plan my cruise" and then click on "order history".  From there you can cancel things that you have purchased.  Just be sure that you confirm the cancellation (their wording is weird) and you will then get an email to the email on file in regards to that cancellation.

11 minutes ago, Pattycruise said:

You should be able to log into your reservation, go to "plan my cruise" and then click on "order history".  From there you can cancel things that you have purchased.  Just be sure that you confirm the cancellation (their wording is weird) and you will then get an email to the email on file in regards to that cancellation.

If Royal already canceled the excursion due to the removed port stop, I'm not sure there would be anything left to cancel in the CP. ?‍♀️