Currently on Freedom, confused about gratuities.

I'm currently on Freedom,and having a good time. I noticed gratuity charges on my account. Strange, because I always prepay. Off to guest services. They say it shows I didnt prepay. Well I checked, and my original booking was on Navigator,which shows prepaid gratuities of 58$ x4. Then we were moved to Freedom. I thought it would transfer. I was never refunded gratuities. It looks like I'm paying twice. 

We were also moved from the Navigtor to Freedom. Our gratuities were not transfered. There was a separate refund for the gratuities that was given.  It was hard to track because of the fare difference.  It took the TA a bit of time to figure out. Good luck.

I'm going to have to look at all my info when I return. We used fcc to book after the 2020 cancellation. We rebooked the Navigator for August of 2021, and we prepaid the gratuities. Then RC moved us to Freedom, and apparently didn't move the gratuities. When our 2020 cruise was cancelled I only recall refunds of port fees and taxes. 

23 minutes ago, basil said:

It doesn't help that Royal won't give you one refund. They give it back to you in random amounts. It makes it complicated.  Our 2020 cruise was the same way.

Another reason to use a good travel agent!  The refund/FCC/Lift and Shift process has been very confusing.

13 minutes ago, basil said:

It doesn't help that Royal won't give you one refund. They give it back to you in random amounts. It makes it complicated.  Our 2020 cruise was the same way.

Absolutely! I checked all my sporadic refunds, and it is confusing. That was 2020. I rebooked the Navigator in August 2020 and prepaid gratuities then. At no time did I receive any refunds from August 2020 until now. RC just says I didn't pay for them on Freedom. Then where did they go from Navigator. I'm just frustrated. 

Update: It was resolved last night. Basically when they moved us from Navigator to Freedom the prepaid gratuities were not moved. Guest services onboard hands were tied. Several calls,social media posts, and emails later it was taken care of. Just spent several hours and buying internet service (hate paying for it when I leave my phone off) but was finally fixed. I'm sure I'm not the only person it happened to.

With the way things are now…things keeps changing…I wouldn’t pay gratuities up front on any of my booked cruises. It just seems like that’s another thing that can go wrong when cruises are cancelled or shifted. I’m not saving anything by paying early and I don’t mind having my credit card charged for them after the cruise.

1 hour ago, basil said:

Other then the gratuities issue, how was the Freedom?

Other than the gratuity issue and paying for a covid test for my son who just turned twelve a few weeks ago and isn't elgible to be vaccinated. Check in was a little stressful. They didnt check my son's insurance policy they required. Also took pictures of our vaccine cards which was strange. Masks in public spaces like promenade, and elevators. Unvaccinated had a special floor in the theater. No masks on coco cay. Nassau excursion to Blue Lagoon had masks everywhere unless in the water. Overall it wasn't too bad. The staff were great and appreciative.