Radiance of the Seas Cancelled

Hello Community,

I woke up this morning to an email from Royal cancelling my B2B cruise on the Radiance for the 13th Feb,22 5N Key West & Labadee and 18th Feb,22 9N Southern Caribbean out of Miami.

I am so upset as I would have thought all the cancellations out of Miami were a thing of the past. For us it is a bit of a big deal as we are coming in from Australia and have accomodations and flights booked. I know, first for issue but I would have thought 2022 would be as planned. 

Such is life. Now which cruise should I book to replace it?   

Sorry to hear that.

It looks like they are keeping Radiance in the Pacific.  My Radiance Panama Canal for October was cancelled, or moved to Serenade is a better way of putting it.

At any rate, Radiance stays in the Pacific out of service for the moment.  Even Miami isn't safe when the ship is in the wrong ocean ? 

They are moving some cruises to other ships.  It's such a wild time in the industry.  Swapping ships was almost unheard of before but now more and more ships are swapping.  Rhapsody guests being moved to Serenade in Tampa for example.  

20 minutes ago, CruisingOz said:

Hello Community,

I woke up this morning to an email from Royal cancelling my B2B cruise on the Radiance for the 13th Feb,22 5N Key West & Labadee and 18th Feb,22 9N Southern Caribbean out of Miami.

I am so upset as I would have thought all the cancellations out of Miami were a thing of the past. For us it is a bit of a big deal as we are coming in from Australia and have accomodations and flights booked. I know, first for issue but I would have thought 2022 would be as planned. 

Ok so you have 14 nights to fill. I’m sure many here will help you find a good substitute! Have you done an oasis class yet? 

Sorry for the cancellation!  We are currently book on Grandeur February 20th 14 nights out of Barbados. You might want to check the amazing itinerary!!

But, there's a BUT: Fingers crossed, Barbados required 3 nights quarantine waiting for test results at the moment. If the regulations don't improve by sailing day, the chance it will sail is tin.

Alas we're in the same boat (or out of the same boat(ship) as the case may be).  We had a 2 bedroom Owners Suite booked with 5 adults and two kids which itself was a replacement for an A2 suite on Allure which was supposed to be this past January.  Right now if I'm seeing everything correctly it looks like there is precisely no way we're going to get into a similar stateroom for any early '22 cruises.  

Best option I am seeing right now is two connecting JS on Oasis, does not really get us any of the suite benefits we generally look for (and certainly not the genie we were originally counting on when we scheduled Allure for '21).  Anybody seeing a better options for late January-early March?  Our travel agent seems to be out of her depth at the moment and just keeps telling us that there's nothing available that would accommodate our party.   

In an ideal world we'd be trying to include two more balcony rooms for extended family who were supposed to join us as well.  Best laid plans and all that...

TLDR: Everything's cancelled and I'm grumpy, Help me find GS or better for 7 people plus two balcony rooms on the same ship in early 2022, preferably FLL or MIA

17 hours ago, KJones said:

Our April 10th Radiance Panama Canal sailing also appears to have been cancelled - no email yet but it's disappeared from the website and its first sailing is listed as 4/30/22.

I am booked to do the last part of that reposition - LA to Vancouver - but that looks to be cancelled as well, although I have not yet received an email yet.

18 hours ago, CruisingOz said:

Hello Community,

We were looking at Jewel for the same time frame, might try that out of Miami.

Not going to lie... disappointed in how Royal moved my Radiance cruise to Serenade.

I had 9256 on Radiance, the corner aft through the Panama Canal.  Royal moved me to 9234 on the side of the ship which is a connecting balcony cabin on Serenade.  WTF?

They aren't even moving people to the same cabin on Serenade.

Serenade was not going through the canal on this date.  They swapped in her in for Radiance so no one should have had an existing booking on Serenade.

I cancelled for a refund.  

33 minutes ago, twangster said:

Not going to lie... disappointed in how Royal moved my Radiance cruise to Serenade.

I had 9256 on Radiance, the corner aft through the Panama Canal.  Royal moved me to 9234 on the side of the ship which is a connecting cabin with the cabin next door on Serenade.  WTF?

They aren't even moving people to the same cabin on Serenade.

Serenade was not going through the canal on this date.  They swapped in her in for Radiance so no one should have had an existing booking on Serenade.

I cancelled for a refund.  

Oh no! I'm still waiting to see what we get swapped to. This doesn't give me the warm fuzzies... And I'm sorry I won't have a chance to make a Bot sighting!

Our cancellation email didn't mention anything about 125% OBC, but that could have been because we hadn't actually bought anything yet. But if I recall correctly (and it is still something RC offers), the 125% OBC is only an option if you take the 125% FCC, and doesn't apply if you take the cruise fare refund route.

Thank you for the feedback. I thought it was only not offered for Australian cancelations but it seems the same for the US as well. We had two US sailings cancelled for next Feb and the local Royal crew are having issues how to handle my on-board credit, some of which was previous on-board credit for past cancellations. 

2 hours ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

So even though Royals restart plan lists Radiance first sailing as April 29 2022 from Vancouver I have not recieved a cancelation for my April 23 2022 cruise from LA and that sailing is still available to book online.

I never personally received the email. It was sent to our travel agent, so if you have a TA, it may have sent to them

• 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, SteelersNationVA said:

It looks like Radiance of the Seas is docked in Spain. Is this a sign of refurbishment?  

More than likely just their 5 (ish) year Maintenance dry dock - I’m not aware of any ships getting refurbished/amplified this year.