San Juan not letting ship passengers off unless vaccinated?

I saw on another website something about the Carnival Mardi Gras not being able to let passengers off in San Juan unless they have proof of vaccination? I know right now San Juan is not stopping non vaccinated people from coming in on plane but this is new to hear about cruise ships.

Has anyone else seen or heard about this? Something about a port agreement with Carnival itself?

Waaaytooo, I'm leaving this blog, twice now the posts I've posted have been removed, they both had articles showing how even those vaccinated are coming down with the virus, and I had placed links to articles to back up my statements. I get enough censoring from Facebook, I'm not about to stay in another forum that refuses to allow the truth to be told. Due to the newest email from Royal about the Virgin Islands not allowing their ships to dock with unvaccinated passengers (something I highly suspect was arranged through corrupt officials) my husband and I will be asking for a full refund. It will probably be a very long time, and possibly never again, before anyone in my family sails on a cruise ship.

@Renate, I've got no problem with your decision to not get vaccinated. It is neither a good or a bad decision. It is your decision and in most settings you should have the right to decide. What I'm going to say here isn't about you or your choices. It is about the facts and only the facts. 

Those facts on the ground indicate that masking isn't going to stop SARS2 from spreading, social distancing isn't going to stop it, shuttering businesses or implementing mobility restrictions isn't going to stop it. Pandemic fatigue is rampant. Couple that with the reality that the CDC keeps inserting foot in mouth, they aren't credible and the information and recommendations they provide, some of it good, isn't going to stop it.  

Vaccines are going to limit the spread of COVID but not eradicate it. What vaccines will do is make the pandemic manageable and reduce it's impact on our lives and right now, vaccines are probably the only thing that will allow us to do that.

The point is that while you have the absolute right to decline vaccination, it is vaccines that are going to slow down the spread of this thing. I don't think that factual reality is at all in doubt.

1 hour ago, Renate said:

Waaaytooo, I'm leaving this blog, twice now the posts I've posted have been removed, they both had articles showing how even those vaccinated are coming down with the virus, and I had placed links to articles to back up my statements. I get enough censoring from Facebook, I'm not about to stay in another forum that refuses to allow the truth to be told. Due to the newest email from Royal about the Virgin Islands not allowing their ships to dock with unvaccinated passengers (something I highly suspect was arranged through corrupt officials) my husband and I will be asking for a full refund. It will probably be a very long time, and possibly never again, before anyone in my family sails on a cruise ship.

Well, I can't say that I don't understand.  I have been there myself.  Sit back and give it some time.  If you still feel the same way (and I would not blame you !  Nobody likes being censored) then continue with your withdrawal.  This is the way I look at it :  I am a more effective advocate for my position and beliefs when I keep up the fight than I am if I give up or give in.  My goal (and I'm sure yours, as well) is not to offend or incite, but to advocate.  I'm no help to anyone if I just give up or let bullies run me off. I'm also just playing into their hands if I let them bait me into a pointless battle of words.  Nobody wins then.

This blog is about cruising, not about vaccinations or about whether COVID is real or a hoax.  There are plenty of other places to fight those battles. I am trying very hard to stick to the things that really matter here - primarily, trying to maximize the joys of cruising.  Truthfully, I'm not sure how much longer cruising is even going to survive.  I have my serious doubts...but I will try and help, not harm.