Royal Up

Have a bid waiting on Adventure this Saturday. With the new requirement announced today for ALL to have a negative test to enter The Bahamas starting Friday it will be interesting to see who drops out and opens up a suite for us.? Had to have it for getting on the ship anyway so it probably will not matter. ?

4 hours ago, Matt said:

If you're impatient, see if you qualify for anything right now: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked/cruise-room-upgrade

Last week I tried this on two of our sailings. One under 60 days and the other under 90. I get a never ending spinning "checking offers" image. I contacted Royal via Twitter and they advised me the link was no longer valid unless you get it in a Royal email attached to a reservation.

EDIT: I just tried again and it says reservation must be within 30 days of sailing. Who knows. LoL

3 hours ago, CrznTxn said:

Have a bid waiting on Adventure this Saturday. With the new requirement announced today for ALL to have a negative test to enter The Bahamas starting Friday it will be interesting to see who drops out and opens up a suite for us.? Had to have it for getting on the ship anyway so it probably will not matter. ?

Where is the Friday thing written? 

I’ll be on adventure Saturday  too -assuming we all pass our tests!

fid you check your bids.

you can open your confirmation email you got when you first bid, and click on modify/cancel, when it gets to the next page I no longer have the option to modify or cancel….2 bids say expired and one bid says pending….

plenty of junior suites available on the ship do imagine a lot of bidders will get their win! 

7 hours ago, TeresaMc said:

Has there been any consistency to when the Royal Up offers come out?  I am anxious to bid on my Sept 20 Freedom cruise, with the lower capacity your odds are so much better.

I got Royal Up offer on my Sept cruise 2-3 weeks ago.  Bu am sure each ship or sailing is different

I have a question about the Royal Up - I have 2 cabins booked - 2 connecting balcony cabins.  Only one of the cabins received a Royal Up email (the other cabin has my kids in it).  I got an offer for a Grand 2 bedroom suite.  If I were to bid on that and win, that one cabin would be fine for 4 of us.  Could I then cancel my second connecting balcony with cruise with confidence?

If that is a true statement, then it is cheaper/equal for me to bid the MAX on the grand suite per person (it said the bid is for 2 people) and cancel the second balcony.

This can't be true....

9 hours ago, TeresaMc said:

Has there been any consistency to when the Royal Up offers come out?  I am anxious to bid on my Sept 20 Freedom cruise, with the lower capacity your odds are so much better.

Sorry I read your thread wrong. Under most circumstances you don’t wait on an email. Someone posted the link a few days ago where you enter last name and reservation number and see if there’s anything available for you to bid on. The link has not worked though as RC may have wised up and locked it so that only people who are invited to bid can bid (no idea on criteria). 

6 hours ago, Funeegal said:

I have a question about the Royal Up - I have 2 cabins booked - 2 connecting balcony cabins.  Only one of the cabins received a Royal Up email (the other cabin has my kids in it).  I got an offer for a Grand 2 bedroom suite.  If I were to bid on that and win, that one cabin would be fine for 4 of us.  Could I then cancel my second connecting balcony with cruise with confidence?

No, the upgrade will only be good for whoever is originally in the cabin.  You can't officially move the kids in there without repricing at the current rate.

4 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

Thank you.  I believe our RCL testing onboard will meet that requirement 

Not exactly, but it may not matter. On Friday the bahamas will require you have a negative test (either type) taken within 5 days prior to you arrival in the bahamas. But since Royal requires it already within 3 days, that will suffice. Plus those who already have travel planned soon and already have a bahamas health visa don't need one, but then again you need one for royal. It's misleading because that email can be construed as needing one after arrival but its more clear here

https://www.bahamas.com/travelupdates

We are getting our test Wednesday, flying in friday, boarding Saturday.

On the royal up, we had a JS booked for this Saturday on AOS, bid on GS and OS, OS went expired, GS still pending, so that's likely one more JS up for grabs based on what other's have said. Should know in the morning. When clicking on original invite e-mail its says bids are closed as of yesterday, however it's still within the 54 hours so don't wait till the last minute in the future, it stopped bids and modifications 6 days prior.

6 hours ago, Temeculaguy said:

Not exactly, but it may not matter. On Friday the bahamas will require you have a negative test (either type) taken within 5 days prior to you arrival in the bahamas. But since Royal requires it already within 3 days, that will suffice. Plus those who already have travel planned soon and already have a bahamas health visa don't need one, but then again you need one for royal. It's misleading because that email can be construed as needing one after arrival but its more clear here

https://www.bahamas.com/travelupdates

We are getting our test Wednesday, flying in friday, boarding Saturday.

On the royal up, we had a JS booked for this Saturday on AOS, bid on GS and OS, OS went expired, GS still pending, so that's likely one more JS up for grabs based on what other's have said. Should know in the morning. When clicking on original invite e-mail its says bids are closed as of yesterday, however it's still within the 54 hours so don't wait till the last minute in the future, it stopped bids and modifications 6 days prior.

Thank you, I did misunderstand the 5 day thing.  
BTW, my kids hate you  they wanted the GS….it’s “expired” on their bids. ?

30 minutes ago, TeresaMc said:

I am super giddy for my upcoming cruise. Winning a Royal Up would be icing on the cake. I’m treating a girl friend who has never cruised before and have pulled out most of the stops. A Royal Up would be spectacular 

Did you call your TA to inquire what an upgrade would cost before going with a "high bid"?

Prior to bidding, I requested the Best Price Guarantee adjustment/reduction/onboard credit after seeing a price drop for my cruise. I have since bid on two different rooms via Royal Up. I’ve noticed that the price of the cruise has dropped again and wondering if I should contact them to make an additional adjustment. (They said over the phone that I could call multiple times, but it could take up to two weeks for them to review.) 

I’m debating whether or not to call them while awaiting the status of my bids. I’ll likely get a bigger onboard credit if I call now, but not sure if it will decreases my chances of winning a stateroom upgrade. I set sail 9/6 and we have paid in full. 

Does anyone have any experience in this department? 

Buying an upgrade would be significantly more than I paid for the cruise, this is a cruise I got a pretty good rate on a long time back. I’m going about half what the upgrade to a grand is. Which is still a fairly big bid but also still a deal. 

On 8/6/2021 at 6:03 PM, Wilson said:

Did you call your TA to inquire what an upgrade would cost before going with a "high bid"?

So since my October Symphony is now a fully vaccinated cruise due to St Thomas, lots of cancellations and lots of Royal Up options. 

I was tempted BUT we are traveling with RC “virgins” and we currently have cabins next to each other. I’d feel bad if we abandoned them for an upgrade. So I’m not partaking. I’m saving up to bid BIG on my 12 night Holy Land/Best of Greece on Odyssey. (now I won’t get a Royal Up I’m sure!)

On 8/8/2021 at 5:24 PM, KaydenDeen said:

Prior to bidding, I requested the Best Price Guarantee adjustment/reduction/onboard credit after seeing a price drop for my cruise. I have since bid on two different rooms via Royal Up. I’ve noticed that the price of the cruise has dropped again and wondering if I should contact them to make an additional adjustment. (They said over the phone that I could call multiple times, but it could take up to two weeks for them to review.) 

I’m debating whether or not to call them while awaiting the status of my bids. I’ll likely get a bigger onboard credit if I call now, but not sure if it will decreases my chances of winning a stateroom upgrade. I set sail 9/6 and we have paid in full. 

Does anyone have any experience in this department? 

I would definitely call and get the bigger onboard credit. First of all, "Royal Up" is run by a third party and will more than likely have no additional information about your reservation. And second of all, your bid may not get accepted any way - might as well get more onboard credit while you can!  ?

50 minutes ago, Jill said:

So since my October Symphony is now a fully vaccinated cruise due to St Thomas, lots of cancellations and lots of Royal Up options. 

I was tempted BUT we are traveling with RC “virgins” and we currently have cabins next to each other. I’d feel bad if we abandoned them for an upgrade. So I’m not partaking. I’m saving up to bid BIG on my 12 night Holy Land/Best of Greece on Odyssey. (now I won’t get a Royal Up I’m sure!)

You’re a good friend !?

23 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

You’re a good friend !?

Well we’re hoping to get them “hooked” and become part of our cruise buddies! We’re all empty nesters. The husband’s one and only cruise was the Carnival out of Jacksonville so it won’t take much to impress him! ? That’s why I picked Symphony. Go big (and the best) or stay home! 

On 8/9/2021 at 8:44 PM, Ch3l51 said:

Just checked the status of my bids for Aug 22 sailing. All are “expired” with the exception of one still “pending”. This is good news, right!?!?

What Ship are you on?  I have 3 bids on out Odyssey 8/22 but all still say pending.

• 1 month later...