Sabor: Lunch or Dinner

Ampurp85

I finally got my travel party to agree on our specialty dining, Izumi and Sabor won. We want to do one for a lunch and one for a dinner. So it looks like Sabor offers the same foods for lunch and dinner based on preliminary menus. But lunch is cheaper, can anyone tell me why? Also is it all you can eat or when you pay the price is it just a starter, entrée and desert?

Menus are slightly different between lunch and dinner looking in the app for Allure.

Example the calamari, ceviche, and soup are only shown on the dinner menu. Lunch side only has three "tortilla favorites", spicy chicken tacos and beef or cheese quesadilla.

Ordering, don't recall if it is limited to app, entree, and dessert or is unlimited. I'm sure within reason you could order additional items.

9 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I finally got my travel party to agree on our specialty dining, Izumi and Sabor won. We want to do one for a lunch and one for a dinner. So it looks like Sabor offers the same foods for lunch and dinner based on preliminary menus. But lunch is cheaper, can anyone tell me why? Also is it all you can eat or when you pay the price is it just a starter, entrée and desert?

We had a lunch at Sabor on Harmony, and it was a lot of food.  Basically, we didn't have much room for dinner in MDR.  My recollection is it was starter, entree, and dessert, but it's been a couple of years.  My take away was that next time I won't eat lunch there so late (about 2 PM).  Food quality was high.

We are planning on a Sabor dinner on our Harmony sailing.  It’s currently listed for $19.99 pp. it’s not an ala carte menu so I expect to be able to order whatever & as much as we care to.  The rest of our party will be going to Izumi Sushi which IS an ala carte menu.  In the cruise planner, it lists $35pp for a small plate (appetizers) large plate (entree) and dessert.  Since their goal is sushi sushi and more sushi, I won’t book it in advance & they can just order off the menu when they get there.

@PoochI don't eat sushi but most of my traveling party does, so we plan to do a la carte sushi at Izumi. As far as Sabor goes we will be on Allure and its $19.99pp for lunch and 22.99 for dinner. That's why I was asking........my traveling party loves tacos and my brother can eat. I would rather pre-book Sabor and it looks like we will probably be doing that for dinner.

We will hopefully be contacted by the concierge prior to the cruise & will ask him/her to make both reservations.  Not sure there’s any advantage to making Sabor in advance.  Do you think it’s cheaper in the cruise planner? Looking forward to fish tacos & margaritas!!!

• 1 year later...
21 hours ago, Shay said:

How is the food at Sabor? I’m planning to eat there on the Harmony? 

We had Sabor for dinner on Harmony in June and loved it. Biggest hits were the chips and fresh made guac, the chicken popper type app, and the desserts (churros and dessert chimichangas). We reordered apps for the table many times.

The typical Mexican entrees like burritos were the underwhelming part, IMO. I'd order something like the steak next time.

Oh yeah, I'm also a big fan of the jalapeno margarita, genuinely spicy.

I had dinner in Sabor on Allure and really enjoyed it. The guac and chips are so so good. I wanted to try something from the small plate and from the.  large plate, so my server offered to bring me a smaller portion (which I can't imagine was smaller in the end). I also wanted to try the Yucca fries, but decided it was too much food, but he brought them anyway. And I thought the margaritas were great too! If you choose lunch, you may want a late dinner - I was stuffed afterwards! Thoroughly enjoyed.

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

I'm not a margarita expert but I like spicy and felt compelled to order one since we were eating at Sabor.

I really enjoy the Goal Post Margarita from Playmakers as well. It's got jalapeno and muddled pineapple.

Haven't been on a ship with Playmakers, that will change this April. Thanks for the tip!