ROYAL CARIBBEAN changing drinks packages!

http://www.cruisingpoweruk.co.uk/uploads/news-product_19_256722736.pdf

changing the prices to $55 a day for all alcoholic drinks excluding yes that's EXCLUSING grats

Thanks for the heads up!!!  I just now quickly logged in and was able to add the old Premium package to my November cruise (I figure I can cancel if I change my mind in the meantime).  They won't let me book any package for my April cruise - too far in advance.  At $64.90/day ($55+tips) they've passed the threshold I'm willing to pay for a package, so I'll be back to purchasing individual drinks in April.

My April 2017 cruise planner says it's too far out to book packages.  The PDF that J_Keeble linked to says that it starts Sept 6th.  If this is an immediate change, I hope the old Premium packages are grandfathered in, or bumped to the new Deluxe package for no additional charge.

First thought was that I was surprised they didn't change to the way X handles packages.  Then I noticed the list of options which was way larger, and found this under scotches!

Laphroaig 10 yr 

Talisker 10 yr
Lagavullin 16 yr
Adberg 10 yr

So, no idea if this is for UK sailings only or anything like that (but it's in USD, soooo?) but thrilled to see these scotches on the list.

First thought was that I was surprised they didn't change to the way X handles packages.  Then I noticed the list of options which was way larger, and found this under scotches!

Laphroaig 10 yr 

Talisker 10 yr

Lagavullin 16 yr

Adberg 10 yr

So, no idea if this is for UK sailings only or anything like that (but it's in USD, soooo?) but thrilled to see these scotches on the list.

Currently imagining you at your desk doing a giddy happy dance.

First thought was that I was surprised they didn't change to the way X handles packages. Then I noticed the list of options which was way larger, and found this under scotches!

Laphroaig 10 yr

Talisker 10 yr

Lagavullin 16 yr

Adberg 10 yr

Hate to burst your bubble, but just because they're included doesn't mean they'll actually have then on onboard based on what WaaayTooo has said.

Hate to burst your bubble, but just because they're included doesn't mean they'll actually have then on onboard based on what WaaayTooo has said.

Fair enough.  Not sure which reference you're making to WaaayTooo but I can imagine.  I certainly shouldn't celebrate before reaching the endzone, but they never even mentioned those scotches anywhere on their site before so I'll take any little bit of hope I can get :-)

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22laphroaig%22+site%3Aroyalcaribbean.com&oq=%22laphroaig%22+site%3Aroyalcaribbean.com&aqs=chrome..69i57.12548j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22laphroaig%22+site%3Aroyalcaribbean.co.uk&oq=%22laphroaig%22+site%3Aroyalcaribbean.co.uk&gs_l=serp.3...899.2121.0.2297.4.4.0.0.0.0.161.553.0j4.4.0....0...1c.1.64.serp..0.0.0.r_CvHD5L9Rg

Fair enough.  Not sure which reference you're making to WaaayTooo but I can imagine.  I certainly shouldn't celebrate before reaching the endzone, but they never even mentioned those scotches anywhere on their site before so I'll take any little bit of hope I can get :-)

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22laphroaig%22+site%3Aroyalcaribbean.com&oq=%22laphroaig%22+site%3Aroyalcaribbean.com&aqs=chrome..69i57.12548j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22laphroaig%22+site%3Aroyalcaribbean.co.uk&oq=%22laphroaig%22+site%3Aroyalcaribbean.co.uk&gs_l=serp.3...899.2121.0.2297.4.4.0.0.0.0.161.553.0j4.4.0....0...1c.1.64.serp..0.0.0.r_CvHD5L9Rg

She made a reference to some brand of whiskey, I believe, that was on the list but has never been seen onboard.

Because this is a UK site are we sure these prices are in US dollars?

I know that RCL official currency is the US dollar but since the UK decided they don't want to be part of the Euro; is there at least an outside chance that these are being quoted in pounds of sterling, farthings, sixpence, or quid? 

Because this is a UK site are we sure these prices are in US dollars?

I know that RCL official currency is the US dollar but since the UK decided they don't want to be part of the Euro; is there at least an outside chance that these are being quoted in pounds of sterling, farthings, sixpence, or quid? 

They used dollar signs in all the pricing...

"Cost: from $55/day"

Now it doesn't say "USD" so it could in theory be a different dollar, but GBPs would be represented as Â£, and Euros (which the UK has never used) as â‚¬.

Sounds to me like pricing of individual drinks on board will go up in price 9/6 if the beverage packages are increasing - what do you think???

Makes sence to me, in order to make the packages worth wile.

As it stands right now I can't even justify the soda package. Im not a pop drinker but i enjoyed the options, i probably never got my moneys worth but i didnt mind.

My cruise in december I'm going with no package and seeing how it goes. I'll just bring a refillable bottle to fill with water, lemonade and such. I'll live.

I wouldn't be suprised if more people go cold turkey, this cold be the shove they need.

I am hoping this is a UK thing......I checked both my booked cruises for 2017 and drink package looks the same....

But they have been constantly upping it and tweaking it and raising the grats etc so nothing would surprise me.

On a 7 day cruise to add another $400 or more per person for some drinks seems crazy......

If they raise it too high, they are going to lose revenue.....

Cruising isn't the same deal is was when I started just 4 years ago....amazing to see how its creeping up.

SOO... In theory, since I have a Premium Package booked, I should be upgraded to a Deluxe Package once I board on Friday, yes?

Not that I mind either way.. but the coffees being included would be a slight additional convenience if I choose to want one... also having the sparkling water included would be a big plus.

I notice that on my bookings, they're offering the Deluxe Beverage Package at the same price that the Ultimate Beverage Package was yesterday (also including the 20%-off banner).

For my next sailing, the Deluxe Beverage Package is currently $46/day (+ gratuity, of course).

Do note that the wording on the Royal Caribbean flyer was that the pricing is "from $55/day (excluding gratuity)", meaning that the base price could be higher than $55/day.

SOO... In theory, since I have a Premium Package booked, I should be upgraded to a Deluxe Package once I board on Friday, yes?

Not that I mind either way.. but the coffees being included would be a slight additional convenience if I choose to want one... also having the sparkling water included would be a big plus.

That was my thought exactly ..... supposedly, those of us that already have drink packages paid in full for upcoming cruises are supposed to have an email today alerting us to the change (which is a bump up for you, Kayla,  my wife, and I, and since we all three got the Premium) -- It's currently 3:19 in the Old Line State .... nothing yet .... when the email does come through, it'll be old news ...lol

Thanks for the heads up!!!  I just now quickly logged in and was able to add the old Premium package to my November cruise (I figure I can cancel if I change my mind in the meantime).  They won't let me book any package for my April cruise - too far in advance.  At $64.90/day ($55+tips) they've passed the threshold I'm willing to pay for a package, so I'll be back to purchasing individual drinks in April.

Yes, Thank you! I was still able to book a premium package for my February FOP cruise. Will be Diamond after that one so this might be our last too.

That's a very interesting theory. Another one that I'm postulating... if an itinerary includes a private island, then the price is higher.

My Liberty of the Seas cruise had the Premium package for $44/day. It has three sea days and three non-private port days.

My Freedom of the Seas cruise had the Premium package for $46/day. It has three sea days, Labadee, and three other port days.

Here is a pdf that explains what will happen to your plan if you purchased before the switch.  If you purchased the Ultimate I recommend that you check the current price for the Deluxe.  You may want to cancel and repurchase the new plan, should save you a few dollars a day.  Make sure you figure in the 18% when deciding.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/FAQs_Beverage_Package_Relaunch.pdf

I just bought my packages for Rhapsody Feb 2017 last night. They still had the Premium and Ultimate packages available. Bought the Premium for my wife and myself for around $726. That works out to about $51 per day including gratuities. My drink packages cost more than my cruise fare minus port fees.

I just checked today, during our 7-day cruise on Oasis August of '17 there is only one alcohol package for 48/day with the 20% off.  It doesn't mention grat. anywhere.

I doubt that includes gratuity. You usually don't see it until you take it to the check out screen. They were listing Premium at 44 and Ultimate at 46 on my cruise yesterday.

• 2 months later...

I was just able to get the drink package for 25% off, total of $355.18, comes to $50 per day with the gratuities. I see they are pretty much offering the 20% all the time. So if the price per drink is $11 then 4+ drinks per day it pays. And that also includes bottled waters, fresh juice, premium coffee and tea as well as unlimited soda. 

If RC finds that the beer and wine package will make them money they will bring it back. This change is relatively new. Its the second time its changed in a year.