Refreshment pkg with C&A free drinks

Wilson

Sailing with my son 10/01. We both bought the DX, but now reconsidering another option. Since I am D+ I will get 5 free drinks daily. To save money we might switch and buy DX for him and refresh for me. If I get a coffee in the morning and a bottle of water or soda, will they subtract those from my 5 free drinks? I want to use the 5 free for alcoholic beverages later in the day. 

44 minutes ago, Wilson said:

Sailing with my son 10/01. We both bought the DX, but now reconsidering another option. Since I am D+ I will get 5 free drinks daily. To save money we might switch and buy DX for him and refresh for me. If I get a coffee in the morning and a bottle of water or soda, will they subtract those from my 5 free drinks? I want to use the 5 free for alcoholic beverages later in the day. 

I believe you just have to tell them you when ordering that you don’t want those drinks as your free D+ drinks ….. then when ordering alcohol tell them to charge those as D+ free drinks 

What I’m not sure about is if they’ll let one adult in your room get the deluxe beverage package and not make you get it if your reason is that you only plan to use your 5 free drinks to get alcohol.  If that does work …… I’d love to do the same …… the 5 free drinks a day is enough for me ……. But not for my spouse.    

17 hours ago, footer said:

I thought it was 4 free drinks (Diamond status)?  Also, just to clarify, are these free drinks loaded on to your Seapass so you can use them any time/any where?

‘Diamond is 4 per day, Diamond Plus is 5 per day, Pinnacle is 6 per day ……… yes they’re on your Seapass card …… each new day loads around 4am, you don’t get them on the day you leave the ship.  When ordering drinks just tell the bartender if you want to or don’t want to use a free drink for your current drink ………. Yes they can be used anywhere at anytime for drinks up to $13 each.

If you have youngsters that are given the same CAS status as you (say ?) ... when you get the 4 drinks coupons each day - does the kid/teenager also get the coupons loaded to their seapass card?

I know they're not allowed to drink drink but they love the hot chocolates, vitality cafe smoothies, and the odd mocktail.