New cruise planner sale starts August 4

Jill

16 minutes ago, Jax said:

I recently had to change our sail date on our star class cruise and am waitlisted for star class on Christmas 2021. (Best I could get was a sky loft suite) I have no idea what constitutes a good price when it comes to unlimited dining and beverage packages but I saved $175 with this sale. Unlimited dining was $196 pp and refreshment package was $23 pp/per day. Is this a reasonable price for a Christmas cruise??

The only thing I see available for SC for a Christmas sailing is the Star Loft Suite ($$$$$$) on Harmony 12-19-21 for a 7 night eastern Caribbean.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Sorry, but the Black Friday sale hasn't been what it used to be. I would not recommend waiting for any one sale.

The best strategy is to track prices over the long term. Book early, and then cancel/rebook if/when a price drops.

We did that when we booked an Oasis Lagoon Cabana. The price when we booked was $1199 and just a couple of weeks ago they went down to $499. We canceled and rebooked for the lower price. I see now for this sale they are $699. Interesting, some people must have canceled, because just the other day these cabanas were sold out. 

18 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

The only thing I see available for SC for a Christmas sailing is the Star Loft Suite ($$$$$$) on Harmony 12-19-21 for a 7 night eastern Caribbean.

Yup prices are crazy! We were able to stick with Oasis and got the last sky loft suite. Honestly, I am not holding out much hope but we will see what happens. ?‍♀️  Maybe a Royal up or last minute cancellation that isn’t crazy ?   In the mean time I jumped on the unlimited dining and beverage sale and will watch for price drops.  At this point we will be so happy to get on an airplane and out of Canada.  

Was really hoping to add a few more things for our Oct 16 cruise on the Symphony, but like many others here, just no deals at all!! I'll keep checking up until the end, but I don't see prices coming down anytime soon. I still have not purchased anything for our May 2022 Alaska cruise. Hoping some decent sales before then!

We bought the Unlimited Dining Package for $248pp last week for the 8/28/21 Odyssey.  We cancelled and rebooked today for $224pp. 

The drink package was on sale very briefly overnight on 8/2 into 8/3 for the 8/22 Odyssey sailing for $44 a day or $49 with Voom.  We were not getting drink packages so it was no help to us.  I think it was a mistake as when I checked again later yesterday it was $62 & $75.

The only thing that I was able to save on was a DBP+1 Voom for my 19 August 2022 Jewel British Isles cruise out of Amsterdam.  It had been $76 PP/PD for EVER and it dropped to $66 PP/PD yesterday.  Since there is no grat added for European sailings, there was no additional cost so I bought it quickly before they changed their minds !! I had already purchased the UDP but that price didn't change so no savings there.  ?

All of the other prices were more than what I had already paid.

That is not a terrible price for the UDP on SY.  I think the best price I have seen for SY is $179PP so it's not that much of a difference.

The pros of the UDP is that you can eat at any specialty restaurant at any time and have as much food as you want (exception is for those restaurants that are a la carte - not unlimited for those) as long as the restaurant can accommodate you.  This includes lunch and dinner.  As a general rule, specialty restaurants are only open for lunch on sea days and limited availability on embarkation day.  Upcharge items are not included in the UDP (seafood tower and whole Maine lobster at Chops, for example).  You can also visit more than 1 restaurant for a meal...for example, you can eat your dinner at Chops and then mosey over to Wonderland and get your dessert.  Again...this is based on availability.

The con....it is a LOT of food.  We have discovered, after many experiences, that we simply cannot eat 3 big meals a day.  Something has to give....so we generally will either skip breakfast or have a very light breakfast early and then try for an early lunch and late dinner.  It is human nature to try and "get your money's worth" so you try and maximize your specialty meals and it is sometimes just too much.  After a few days of this it seems like all we DO is eat...just waddle from one meal to the next !

24 minutes ago, Unsuspecting Cruiser said:

No, it should be rebook/cancel, just to make sure Royal Caribbean isn't playing a bait and switch on you by changing the way they calculate prices, like how I got burned.

I don't know if this is still the case but I vaguely remember that I was unable to rebook first and then cancel. When I try to book something on Cruise Planner that has already been purchased, it doesn't let me add it into the cart to do a complete "price check".

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Beverage Package is $47 for my June cruise on Seranade. I've never seen it that low.

Oh wait……my may radiance to Alaska is $47. Lol It is tempting but that’s a port heavy cruise and we get 4 drinks for Diamond. But it IS tempting…….

I’d snag that deal! (For you that is!) 

1 hour ago, Jill said:

Oh wait……my may radiance to Alaska is $47. Lol It is tempting but that’s a port heavy cruise and we get 4 drinks for Diamond. But it IS tempting…….

I’d snag that deal! (For you that is!) 

Between suite drinks and diamond drinks, I definitely don't need the drink package. But It's now my low bar for DBP

On 8/5/2021 at 10:52 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

The only thing that I was able to save on was a DBP+1 Voom for my 19 August 2022 Jewel British Isles cruise out of Amsterdam.  It had been $76 PP/PD for EVER and it dropped to $66 PP/PD yesterday.  Since there is no grat added for European sailings, there was no additional cost so I bought it quickly before they changed their minds !! I had already purchased the UDP but that price didn't change so no savings there.  ?

All of the other prices were more than what I had already paid.

We are going on that cruise too!  There are 3 couples going and will be celebrating a big birthday for hubby as he turns 65 during the cruise.