Miami Hotels

Hi.  Not sure what category this falls under. 

I am wondering if any readers have stayed at or know anything about the YVE Hotel Miami.  I am looking for a hotel that is not utterly expensive to reserve 13 rooms for 1 night or 2 before our cruise in April.  Prices are outrageous and I am trying to keep costs as low as possible for everyone cruising with my family.

Appreciate any suggestions or information.   

1 hour ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Hi.  Not sure what category this falls under. 

I am wondering if any readers have stayed at or know anything about the YVE Hotel Miami.  I am looking for a hotel that is not utterly expensive to reserve 13 rooms for 1 night or 2 before our cruise in April.  Prices are outrageous and I am trying to keep costs as low as possible for everyone cruising with my family.

Appreciate any suggestions or information.   

I have not stayed at Yve so unfortunately cannot give you feedback. We usually stay at the JW Marquis or Kimpton. Or have stayed in South Beach.

however if you are reserving 13 rooms, you should be calling the hotels directly and speaking to their sales director about getting a group or booking through a company that will do that. It should gain you some sort of discount. 

48 minutes ago, RG306 said:

I have not stayed at Yve so unfortunately cannot give you feedback. We usually stay at the JW Marquis or Kimpton. Or have stayed in South Beach.

however if you are reserving 13 rooms, you should be calling the hotels directly and speaking to their sales director about getting a group or booking through a company that will do that. It should gain you some sort of discount. 

Agree, you can get a good group discount.  A good travel agent can check around for you also.

19 hours ago, RG306 said:

Yes calling the group sales manager is what I have done in the past and planning to do tomorrow.  I was just pre-researching prices and found the YVE to have a great price so thought maybe someone on this blog had helpful info regarding that particular hotel.

Thanks

4 hours ago, TB2021 said:

Have you considered looking into an Air BnB or VRBO? You should be able to book a very large space for the price of 13 hotel rooms. Just a thought. 

There are 31 people and not all are direct family members so keeping everyone in their own space is preferred.  But great suggestion to keep in the back of my mind for future reference.  Thanks

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami on 340 Biscayne Blvd. it’s usually fairly reasonable and it’s a 5 min drive to the ships. It’s across the street from Bayside Market which has numerous Restaurants and shops right on the bay. It’s a nice option pre or post cruise and also has Bay Tours on several boats there. 

46 minutes ago, BarbieBell said:

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami on 340 Biscayne Blvd. it’s usually fairly reasonable and it’s a 5 min drive to the ships. It’s across the street from Bayside Market which has numerous Restaurants and shops right on the bay. It’s a nice option pre or post cruise and also has Bay Tours on several boats there. 

I was wondering about that property. Is there a parking garage or an area on site with decent parking? ? we drive over from the west coast so will have our own vehicle, thanks BarbieBell!

12 hours ago, BarbieBell said:

I am staying there for my November cruise…got very reasonable price.  But the price is crazy high for April so thought maybe I could learn of other hotels in that same area.  Thanks for the info on this one, glad I chose it!