Anthem of the Seas Sailings in Sept and October Changed/Cancelled?

I am booked on Oct 2 for a Spain/Portugal cruise that was a lift and shift from the President's cruise last year. We got a notification that Le Harve was replaced with Bilboa due to uk covid restrictions for France.  I was elated when UK opened back up for US citizens with a Day 2 covid test for vaccinated people.  Yesterday all of the sailings for September and October including the TA is now gone.  The App shows new sailings staying in the British Isles for 5,6 and 7 day vacations.

Looks like some cancellations are forthcoming.?

Anyone have any further information?

No further information, only a suggestion.

I'd consider the cruise in question still on with the changed itinerary. That is all. I feel confident RCL is working very hard to keep it's operational plans as stable as possible. The one known for us cruisers is that change is a fact of life for COVID cruising probably well into 2022. Go with the flow; be uber flexible. 

1 hour ago, MLH said:

I am booked on Oct 2 for a Spain/Portugal cruise that was a lift and shift from the President's cruise last year. We got a notification that Le Harve was replaced with Bilboa due to uk covid restrictions for France.  I was elated when UK opened back up for US citizens with a Day 2 covid test for vaccinated people.  Yesterday all of the sailings for September and October including the TA is now gone.  The App shows new sailings staying in the British Isles for 5,6 and 7 day vacations.

Looks like some cancellations are forthcoming.?

Anyone have any further information?

Are you on the Anthem?   We are on Anthem the sailing before you, if you are.  The itinerary was changed from France, Denmark, etc. to Spain and Portugal ports. When you go to check excursions the itinerary shows that Portugal is now a sea day?  I am also confused.   I am not sure if it will be cancelled or what?    Anyone have any clues or ideas?   Nothing to really do but sit and wait and see what happens I guess.  Cruise, flights, and hotels are all paid for.

Hoping they will allow a lift and shift for next year for this versus a move over cruise to British isles with different dates or refund.  Very flexible as air is with royal so I will have no out of pocket expense.  Just in a holding pattern.

9 minutes ago, MLH said:

Hoping they will allow a lift and shift for next year for this versus a move over cruise to British isles with different dates or refund.  Very flexible as air is with royal so I will have no out of pocket expense.  Just in a holding pattern.

I already have another Europe cruise next Sept. for 2 weeks, on another  RC ship.  So lift and shift won't work for me.  I see all the Anthem cruises are erased now for all of 2021.  They must be changing something......

Yes I am on Anthem Oct 2nd.  on the RC App, they have new dates and itineraries.  Espresso shows closed and no wait list allowed.  I think this cruise is not going to happen this year.  ALso all non UK have to test after 2 days which may not work for those coming in from other countries close to the cruise date.

19 minutes ago, MLH said:

Yes I am on Anthem Oct 2nd.  on the RC App, they have new dates and itineraries.  Espresso shows closed and no wait list allowed.  I think this cruise is not going to happen this year.  ALso all non UK have to test after 2 days which may not work for those coming in from other countries close to the cruise date.

What app did you look on?  I looked under find a cruise and nothing. On internet.  Are you on phone app? 

8 minutes ago, Linda R said:

What app did you look on?  I looked under find a cruise and nothing. On internet.  Are you on phone app? 

On the royal caribbean app.  if you scroll down and click What ships do we support and then click Anthem and you will see the new sailings with the old sailings.

27 minutes ago, MLH said:

On the royal caribbean app.  if you scroll down and click What ships do we support and then click Anthem and you will see the new sailings with the old sailings.

28 minutes ago, MLH said:

Got it.  I see the current itinerary but not old one.  But that doesn't matter at this point.   That shows Lisbon is back on as a port.  Another place it showed no Lisbon.   I will just wait and see what happens.  I hope they get it sorted out soon.  Thanks for your help

8 hours ago, parkyy2k said:

They’ve changed my 11 night Spain, Portugal, Canary Islands cruise to a 7 night cruise round UK with a few stops Northern Ireland and Scotland, gutted! I was looking forward to a sunny cruise...

Our England cruise was cancelled also.  I don't like the new options so we will cancel.   Such a bummer.  

16 hours ago, Linda R said:

Our England cruise was cancelled also.  I don't like the new options so we will cancel.   Such a bummer.  

Already booking another cruise today as replacement for Southampton cruise on Anthem.  And another on in January.  Eventually someday a cruise will happen!  haha

On 8/9/2021 at 12:58 PM, BrianB said:

I just checked in to my Anthem sailing on Nov 7 from Port Liberty in NJ. It’s 90 days out and it is the first scheduled Anthem sailing from Bayonne. So it would seem that the schedule after Oct is intact.

I've got my fingers crossed for you...wondering if they are cancelling the last two 5 night cruises in UK...if the new rules coming out are true...apparently cruise ships that embarked from an international port will not be allowed to sail out of US ports for 14 days upon 1st arriving...

1 hour ago, em.down.the.rabbit.hole said:

I've got my fingers crossed for you...wondering if they are cancelling the last two 5 night cruises in UK...if the new rules coming out are true...apparently cruise ships that embarked from an international port will not be allowed to sail out of US ports for 14 days upon 1st arriving...

But is that only because of the Conditional Sailing Order, which expires Oct 31st, or does that go beyond that date?

If this rule ends on Nov 1st, then it won't be an issue for Anthem.  They already cancelled the Anthem cruise out of the US that started before that date.