Jump to content

So with new test requirement, what will you do (if anything) to increase chances of testing negative?


Jill
 Share

Recommended Posts

I don't know if the cancel the pre-Disney plans is directed at me or not. But...not an option. I will not and have no plans to alter my vacation. I had Covid in April 2020, I am vaccinated and won't stop living my life for something that is here to stay. If I was to test positive, I get my money back so I would be whole; at least I will have had some wonderful vacation memories. What good would it be to deny myself and then still possibly test positive???? Plenty of people have been attending the theme parks for months and are just fine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Plenty of people have been attending the theme parks for months and are just fine.

I don't disagree with anything you said, but to be fair, no one is testing people coming in and out of WDW. As a result, there isn't wall-to-wall media coverage of every single covid case. Because statistically, there have been.

Again, no issues here with your plan.  But cruises get singled out by media while theme parks slide by due to cruise lines subject to regulation.

There, I feel better now ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/31/2021 at 2:56 PM, mk-ultra said:

Ditto.

I don't have a problem with getting tested, but I fly SFO-MCO for an August 22 cruise.  The testing centers at both airports (which was Plan A) are both closed at the times I'll be at the airport to make my flight and after I disembark in FL.

Plan B is to get the rapid antigen test here in my departure city on 8/19 (day before flight).  That's pretty tight depending on how strict they are about the time-out.  It's within 3 days but may not be within 72 hours.  I'll probably back that up with an antigen test at a CVS in FL on 8/21 if I don't have results by then.

The requirement is a test from a sample taken no earlier than 3 days prior to the day of sailing. Not 72 hours. 3 Days. That's an intentional choice of wording.

Where Do I Take A RT-PCR Test And Submit The Results Before Cruising? | Royal Caribbean Cruises

image.thumb.png.5020057d0053045a280fd06eb9cf2abf.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I don't know if the cancel the pre-Disney plans is directed at me or not. But...not an option. I will not and have no plans to alter my vacation. I had Covid in April 2020, I am vaccinated and won't stop living my life for something that is here to stay. If I was to test positive, I get my money back so I would be whole; at least I will have had some wonderful vacation memories. What good would it be to deny myself and then still possibly test positive???? Plenty of people have been attending the theme parks for months and are just fine.

My response to that post mostly has to do with flying to Europe, touring crowded Rome for 3 days then testing positive for my odyssey cruise. We’re simply trying to eliminate risk as much as we can as it’s a high dollar trip and the cruise itself IS the real destination. That’s why we put the land tour at the end. Hopefully by October 2022, this all will be a distant nightmare 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@MattI agree, I take everything with a grain of salt when it comes to the media. I watched The Last Cruise doc and how much blame is placed is ridiculous. Not to mention that there are a zillion of the same story posted about guest and/or crew members testing positive during the restart. Plus WDW has brought back the mask mandate so I doubt it will even be an issue.

@Jill I don't think it was you. But Rome is a beast, we went in 2017 Oct and the Vatican was probably the most crowded attraction I have ever been in. We were in a private tour but still shoulder to shoulder. I am not at all a fan of crowds but for the beauty it was worth it. I can also see your point of a long international flight with possible connections, then visiting tourist attractions to finally boarding what would be considered a bucket list cruise. I wouldn't want to take the risk either. I do however believe that things will be a bit better come Oct 2022.....

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

@MattI agree, I take everything with a grain of salt when it comes to the media. I watched The Last Cruise doc and how much blame is placed is ridiculous. Not to mention that there are a zillion of the same story posted about guest and/or crew members testing positive during the restart. Plus WDW has brought back the mask mandate so I doubt it will even be an issue.

@Jill I don't think it was you. But Rome is a beast, we went in 2017 Oct and the Vatican was probably the most crowded attraction I have ever been in. We were in a private tour but still shoulder to shoulder. I am not at all a fan of crowds but for the beauty it was worth it. I can also see your point of a long international flight with possible connections, then visiting tourist attractions to finally boarding what would be considered a bucket list cruise. I wouldn't want to take the risk either. I do however believe that things will be a bit better come Oct 2022.....

 

I sure hope so because our October odyssey out of Rome for this year was cancelled and it was to celebrate 5 year Remission from stage 4b cancer. Now I’ll celebrate that on my October Symphony and next October I’ll celebrate 6 years Remission on Odyssey out of Rome. ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...