So with new test requirement, what will you do (if anything) to increase chances of testing negative?

Jill

12 hours ago, Cile said:

We have cruise October 1, with Mariner of the Seas. Check in is not Available yet and it is less that 60 days. I am guessing maybe because we are going with 4 kids ages 6., 9 and 10 . Maybe that is reason, kids are not vaccinated . It will be interesting to see what kind of protocol they will have for kids? 

Don’t sweat the check in time. My Sept 19 cruise still shows check in unavailable and there is another thread with a lot of comments regarding check in being all over the place. You just have to keep checking until it opens. I’m solo so your sailing with unvaccinated kids is most likely not the reason. Good luck and have a great cruise!

1 hour ago, Psycho and Barb said:

We are not going to do anything special.  We are both vaccinated and either the vaccine works or it doesn't.  However, both of our jobs require mask wearing while working but we haven't been wearing a mask anywhere else.  Guess we will see.

We're right there with you.

Being fully vaxed up is pretty much all anyone can do at this juncture. No point worrying about things beyond our control, even though we think it's ridiculous that we have to take a test 3 days prior to sailing.

I work two jobs, Mon-Thurs I am wfh and on the weekend I manage a restaurant. We went mask-less for vaccinate staff and guest at the end of June. I am 100% positive that at least 50 percent of the guest who come are unvaxxed because I haven't seen a masked one since the 4th of July. Last I checked Chicago was just at 60-ish percent fully vax, plenty of other places way below that threshold. All last year whenever I was outside I never wore a mask. Only masked up when required, was sort of forced into being vaxxed. I wash my hands after contact with anything that does not belong to me. I have no plans to change anything because this is my standard behavior. I also feel like it would be a moot point as we will be at  WDW right before we board our cruise.

10 hours ago, BrianB said:

Don’t sweat the check in time. My Sept 19 cruise still shows check in unavailable and there is another thread with a lot of comments regarding check in being all over the place. You just have to keep checking until it opens. I’m solo so your sailing with unvaccinated kids is most likely not the reason. Good luck and have a great cruise!

Thank you!

8 hours ago, Jverge said:

Cancel the Disney pre-cruise vacation plans and just focus on the cruise.  

This is our plan for our Odyssey sailing next October (2022) out of Rome. We decided to do 3 days in Rome AFTER the cruise to limit exposure before the cruise. 

We were supposed to go this October but was cancelled and that was the plan originally due to Covid. 

Right now my wife and I have decided to mask back up again even though we are vaccinated. I have seen to many people that I know come down with CoVid and we want to do everything we can to make sure we have a negative test ahead of our Aug 22 sailing on Allure. We also decided not to be in large gatherings of people, church for one. Even at work we are both wearing masks now, as are the people that we work with. 

I don't know if the cancel the pre-Disney plans is directed at me or not. But...not an option. I will not and have no plans to alter my vacation. I had Covid in April 2020, I am vaccinated and won't stop living my life for something that is here to stay. If I was to test positive, I get my money back so I would be whole; at least I will have had some wonderful vacation memories. What good would it be to deny myself and then still possibly test positive???? Plenty of people have been attending the theme parks for months and are just fine.

9 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Plenty of people have been attending the theme parks for months and are just fine.

I don't disagree with anything you said, but to be fair, no one is testing people coming in and out of WDW. As a result, there isn't wall-to-wall media coverage of every single covid case. Because statistically, there have been.

Again, no issues here with your plan.  But cruises get singled out by media while theme parks slide by due to cruise lines subject to regulation.

There, I feel better now ?

On 7/31/2021 at 2:56 PM, mk-ultra said:

Ditto.

I don't have a problem with getting tested, but I fly SFO-MCO for an August 22 cruise.  The testing centers at both airports (which was Plan A) are both closed at the times I'll be at the airport to make my flight and after I disembark in FL.

Plan B is to get the rapid antigen test here in my departure city on 8/19 (day before flight).  That's pretty tight depending on how strict they are about the time-out.  It's within 3 days but may not be within 72 hours.  I'll probably back that up with an antigen test at a CVS in FL on 8/21 if I don't have results by then.

The requirement is a test from a sample taken no earlier than 3 days prior to the day of sailing. Not 72 hours. 3 Days. That's an intentional choice of wording.

Where Do I Take A RT-PCR Test And Submit The Results Before Cruising? | Royal Caribbean Cruises

image.thumb.png.5020057d0053045a280fd06eb9cf2abf.png

3 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

I don't know if the cancel the pre-Disney plans is directed at me or not. But...not an option. I will not and have no plans to alter my vacation. I had Covid in April 2020, I am vaccinated and won't stop living my life for something that is here to stay. If I was to test positive, I get my money back so I would be whole; at least I will have had some wonderful vacation memories. What good would it be to deny myself and then still possibly test positive???? Plenty of people have been attending the theme parks for months and are just fine.

My response to that post mostly has to do with flying to Europe, touring crowded Rome for 3 days then testing positive for my odyssey cruise. We’re simply trying to eliminate risk as much as we can as it’s a high dollar trip and the cruise itself IS the real destination. That’s why we put the land tour at the end. Hopefully by October 2022, this all will be a distant nightmare 

@MattI agree, I take everything with a grain of salt when it comes to the media. I watched The Last Cruise doc and how much blame is placed is ridiculous. Not to mention that there are a zillion of the same story posted about guest and/or crew members testing positive during the restart. Plus WDW has brought back the mask mandate so I doubt it will even be an issue.

@Jill I don't think it was you. But Rome is a beast, we went in 2017 Oct and the Vatican was probably the most crowded attraction I have ever been in. We were in a private tour but still shoulder to shoulder. I am not at all a fan of crowds but for the beauty it was worth it. I can also see your point of a long international flight with possible connections, then visiting tourist attractions to finally boarding what would be considered a bucket list cruise. I wouldn't want to take the risk either. I do however believe that things will be a bit better come Oct 2022.....

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

@MattI agree, I take everything with a grain of salt when it comes to the media. I watched The Last Cruise doc and how much blame is placed is ridiculous. Not to mention that there are a zillion of the same story posted about guest and/or crew members testing positive during the restart. Plus WDW has brought back the mask mandate so I doubt it will even be an issue.

@Jill I don't think it was you. But Rome is a beast, we went in 2017 Oct and the Vatican was probably the most crowded attraction I have ever been in. We were in a private tour but still shoulder to shoulder. I am not at all a fan of crowds but for the beauty it was worth it. I can also see your point of a long international flight with possible connections, then visiting tourist attractions to finally boarding what would be considered a bucket list cruise. I wouldn't want to take the risk either. I do however believe that things will be a bit better come Oct 2022.....

I sure hope so because our October odyssey out of Rome for this year was cancelled and it was to celebrate 5 year Remission from stage 4b cancer. Now I’ll celebrate that on my October Symphony and next October I’ll celebrate 6 years Remission on Odyssey out of Rome. ?