Vancouver to Hawaii itinerary

Here is a trip report for Vancouver to Hawaii on Ovation.  Quantum should be similar. 

This was September but I expect you'll have a similar experience a few weeks later.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/15665-ovation-goes-south-to-hawaii-sept-20-2019/

I don't recall being cold but take a look at the photos and try to catch what others are wearing.  I try not to take pictures with other people so that's kind of working against the concept here but hopefully you'll get the idea.

Very enjoyable cruise, enjoy!

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Here is a trip report for Vancouver to Hawaii on Ovation.  Quantum should be similar. 

This was September but I expect you'll have a similar experience a few weeks later.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/15665-ovation-goes-south-to-hawaii-sept-20-2019/

I don't recall being cold but take a look at the photos and try to catch what others are wearing.  I try not to take pictures with other people so that's kind of working against the concept here but hopefully you'll get the idea.

Very enjoyable cruise, enjoy!

Thank you so much for the link to your previous blog. It was fascinating and now I am so excited to have discovered this itinerary.

@twangsterWe currently have booked a JS with large balcony (9232) and are considering upgrading to Grand Suite since the sailing is much longer than we are accustomed. We'd love your opinion on rooms and balconies since you have sailed this previously. We appreciate your willingness to help out with your prior experiences on these boards. TIA

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Speaking of Vancouver, anyone have any hotel suggestions with quick access to the port?

Really depends on your budget.

Downtown hotels near the cruise terminal are more expensive compared to airport hotels.  Some hotels are literally at or very near Canada Place where the cruise ships dock.  Some of those can be $300 or $400 per night but are convenient to everything downtown including Canada Place.

I always stay near the airport, pay much less and ride the train into downtown.  Super cheap transfer from hotel to ship, or ship to airport.  

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Speaking of Vancouver, anyone have any hotel suggestions with quick access to the port?

The Pan Pacific is right on the terminal. The hotel staff will take your luggage from your room to the ship while you take an elevator down to check in for your cruise and board.