Pre board COVID testing for ALL passengers from Florida Ports though December 2021 Now

I don’t see to much of a problem with this, as far as I know countries are still requiring tests to enter the country anyways, nothing can be worse to what’s happening to Quantum in Singapore so I will take it, now I’m hoping my aug 14th cruise stays mask free on Adventure out of Nassau (which I have to test for anyways) but I wouldn’t be too shocked if they implemented a mask mandate. 

I think this is a great idea since it seems that the vaccinated are turning positive just as often as the unvaxxed (on cruises).  I also believe that everyone will eventually be required to provide insurance protection.  Royal cannot continue to fly everyone who tests positive home in a private jet !

There is no way to get us tested by the 31st to sail on the Odyssey. They said the following though:

Understanding that your sailing is around the corner and you may not find the time to get tested, we will offer complimentary testing and shuttles to an adjacent terminal where testing will take place. However, we strongly recommend you come with a negative test result to avoid waiting and delays in boarding.  

If this gets us back to cruising I'm all in. Have mine scheduled for next Wednesday for the August 7th sailing of Adventure. Would rather have the peace of mind of everyone testing negative and enjoying ourselves than always wondering. Happened on the first sailing of Adventure and wondered why it wasn't instituted across the board. Understand about having to pay for it but it is a small price for a big enjoyment.

18 minutes ago, SmoothJ24 said:

There is no way to get us tested by the 31st to sail on the Odyssey. They said the following though:

Understanding that your sailing is around the corner and you may not find the time to get tested, we will offer complimentary testing and shuttles to an adjacent terminal where testing will take place. However, we strongly recommend you come with a negative test result to avoid waiting and delays in boarding.  

That is a good compromise! Did they tell you this on a phone call?

14 minutes ago, Seymoure1991 said:

That is a good compromise! Did they tell you this on a phone call?

No… via email:

Odyssey of the Seas July 31, 2021 Protocol Update 

We can’t wait to welcome you onboard your sailing. Before departing, we have an update to share regarding our pre-cruise testing requirement. All guests 2 and up, regardless of vaccination status, are now required to provide a negative PCR or antigen test result for COVID-19 on boarding day. Below are additional details.

We understand that, for many of you, this is a new and last-minute requirement. We've added this additional precaution in the interest of all guests, crew, and the communities we visit. For the smoothest boarding experience, we strongly suggest you secure a negative test result prior to sailing. Doing so will allow you to proceed through our usual boarding process. However, if guests impacted by this late change cannot get tested before sailing, we'll offer complimentary testing on a limited basis and shuttles to an adjacent terminal for testing.

All other previously advised testing protocols remain in place for our guests that are not fully vaccinated.

We're on Odyssey on July 31, too.  We found a place to get rapid tests locally before we fly tomorrow because we don't want to get stuck waiting at the terminal.  But this whole procedure (and ridiculous lack of notice) has really increased our stress levels, instead of getting us in proper mood for a cruise.  

32 minutes ago, Pattie A. said:

We're on Odyssey on July 31, too.  We found a place to get rapid tests locally before we fly tomorrow because we don't want to get stuck waiting at the terminal.  But this whole procedure (and ridiculous lack of notice) has really increased our stress levels, instead of getting us in proper mood for a cruise.  

I tried that as well, but nothing near us since we need to take a taxi from West Jersey and be at the flight by 3. 

2 hours ago, 12thman said:

There are a lot of people not happy with this news myself included but with so many people across this country choosing not to get vaccinated COVID cases are once again on the rise as this Delta variant continues spread unchecked throughout large portions of this country where vaccinations are low.

1 hour ago, SmoothJ24 said:

When does the ship depart? Midnight!? If almost everyone shows up to test at the terminal how long will it take to test everyone? Hopefully the medical facility can handle that many people. 

3 hours ago, Jkaczano said:

The problem with testing is that pricing is all over the board.  If Royal is going to require it, they should offer it at the cruise terminal at cost. I don’t care if I have to pay for it, but too many companies are price gouging right now. 

This. I’m not interested in spending another $300 (for 2 tested locally) to cruise, then fret over whether or not we will get results in time (they can be delayed here).  I would gladly pay at cost to RCI. ? It would make me sad to delay our December cruise, but will if this stands as is when final payment rolls around.  Too much stress for a vacation.  We will just travel elsewhere and hope the situation improves before our next scheduled cruise. ?

15 minutes ago, mk-ultra said:

Sigh.  I don't mind the test even though I'm fully vaccinated -- but because I'm cautious I'm flying out Aug 20 for an Aug 22 sailing date.  A PCR here in my home town will probably time out.  Anyone have recommendations near Port Canaveral?

You can do either PCR or antigen, PCR takes longer 2 to 3 days, antigen is minutes. We are doing antigen for our Alaska cruise if we go. 

22 minutes ago, mk-ultra said:

Sigh.  I don't mind the test even though I'm fully vaccinated -- but because I'm cautious I'm flying out Aug 20 for an Aug 22 sailing date.  A PCR here in my home town will probably time out.  Anyone have recommendations near Port Canaveral?

There is rapid antigen testing available at MCO Airport outside security in Terminal A.  $65pp I believe. 

based on the day of the test being day Zero (0) we can test any time the day before we board our airline.

If we test just before leaving for the airport of departure the evening before our 2 days in port

with a check in before 4pm we are still even in a 72 hour (3x 24) window.

guess that is the route we will try

personally i think its BS because if VAXed even if positive your viral load is greatly reduced

so your chance of spread to other passengers is much less, most VAXed are either asymptomatic or mild cases.

what i worry about is all the un-Vaxed spreaders out there giving me mild symptom that i can live with.

but what ever make the minority happy, guess we have to do

11 minutes ago, CruiseGus said:

based on the day of the test being day Zero (0) we can test any time the day before we board our airline.

If we test just before leaving for the airport of departure the evening before our 2 days in port

with a check in before 4pm we are still even in a 72 hour (3x 24) window.

guess that is the route we will try

personally i think its BS because if VAXed even if positive your viral load is greatly reduced

so your chance of spread to other passengers is much less, most VAXed are either asymptomatic or mild cases.

what i worry about is all the un-Vaxed spreaders out there giving me mild symptom that i can live with.

but what ever make the minority happy, guess we have to do

Especially if your are going to Alaska, First they make me wear a mask then cancel my excursions because we are spending less time in 2 of the ports. Now we have to get tested at our own expense. We are taking a wait and see approach. My TA said today she's getting a lot of unhappy customers and we can cancel for a full refund up to 48 hours before our ship is to sail. I'm going twice next year so waiting until next year isn't a big deal. I'm really hoping there won't be anymore of these restrictions or changes.

6 hours ago, SmoothJ24 said:

No… via email:

Odyssey of the Seas July 31, 2021 Protocol Update 

We can’t wait to welcome you onboard your sailing. Before departing, we have an update to share regarding our pre-cruise testing requirement. All guests 2 and up, regardless of vaccination status, are now required to provide a negative PCR or antigen test result for COVID-19 on boarding day. Below are additional details.

We understand that, for many of you, this is a new and last-minute requirement. We've added this additional precaution in the interest of all guests, crew, and the communities we visit. For the smoothest boarding experience, we strongly suggest you secure a negative test result prior to sailing. Doing so will allow you to proceed through our usual boarding process. However, if guests impacted by this late change cannot get tested before sailing, we'll offer complimentary testing on a limited basis and shuttles to an adjacent terminal for testing.

All other previously advised testing protocols remain in place for our guests that are not fully vaccinated.

Why would anyone get a test by themselves when they have to pay for it? Everyone is going to opt for the complimentary test from Royal in a separate terminal. From my understanding, rapid-antigen or PCR tests are not covered by insurance if they are related for a "travel" reason. They are only covered if you actually have symptoms. Not sure lying is a good idea either. 

40 minutes ago, spursfreak21 said:

Isn’t testing still free at large pharmacy chains like CVS? I got tested last year due to a close contact and paid nothing. Has this changed?

You didn't pay because you were in close contact. If it's for travel that's different, you pay for that. Had to do that earlier this year to travel.

6 hours ago, Cruising With JT said:

I am hearing that you can do drive through rapid tests and they don't really ask you why you're there since you're sitting in the car? 

I was tested for Covid 2 weeks ago at Walgreens drive through. It required an appt. You have to fill out questionnaire that you check off your symptoms. 

On the appointment form, it does ask if this is for travel purposes or because you have symptoms. 

Travel purposes = charge

Symptomatic = free

(I was negative BTW. Managed to catch a summer cold)