Coca-Cola Freestyle Option?

SPS

32 minutes ago, twangster said:

Step 1 - Got it

Step 2 and 3 will take some people 15 minutes.  I'd hate to be #3 in line.  

For the moment Royal is going with a crew member assist at the Freestyle machines.  

So true And I do not carry my phone with me when at pool or on deck. I am on vacation and disconnecting. 

I have seen these sporadically. I think it’s a neat idea but I found that most people don’t use the phone feature.

I do, however, think there should be a Freestyle drink menu posted somewhere so people know exactly what to tell the crew member by the time they get there. Maybe somebody who has been on a cruise recently can chime in but I imagine a lot of indecisive folks driving the crew members crazy. I know I get a little impatient when I’m at Wawa and somebody is literally scrolling through the entire menu of drinks and only to choose something like plain coke.

Speaking of which…it wasn’t until Day 2 or 3 that I realized that the Freestyle machine wasn’t the only way to get soda on board with the deluxe drink package. I didn’t know that they had cans of soda in Windjammer and traditional sodas like coke, Diet Coke, and sprite at the bars - silly me. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/30/2021 at 6:36 PM, twangster said:

Step 1 - Got it

Step 2 and 3 will take some people 15 minutes.  I'd hate to be #3 in line.  

For the moment Royal is going with a crew member assist at the Freestyle machines.  

I kind of wondered about this, and I'm a little unclear on how this improves sanitization. Are they just pushing the buttons (this makes sense), or are they also handling the cups (this does not)?

2 hours ago, HtownHolly said:

I kind of wondered about this, and I'm a little unclear on how this improves sanitization. Are they just pushing the buttons (this makes sense), or are they also handling the cups (this does not)?

You hold your cup under the nozzle.  You press a virtual button on your phone which causes the machine to fill your cup.  You are the only person that touches your cup and you don't have to touch the buttons on the machine.  That's why it is more sanitary.

1 hour ago, Atlantix2000 said:

You hold your cup under the nozzle.  You press a virtual button on your phone which causes the machine to fill your cup.  You are the only person that touches your cup and you don't have to touch the buttons on the machine.  That's why it is more sanitary.

I was talking about RC employees assisting, not the phone app, sorry. ?