Anthem OTS testing requirements change

I'm currently onboard Anthem of the Seas doing a back to back cruise through next week.  Sailing with 2 kids who both love adventure ocean.

When we boarded, kids 2-17 only required rapid covid tests doing at the southampton port on the day.  As of an hour ago, via email, kids 2-17 now require a pcr test within 72hrs of travel.  This applies to kids on the next sailing departing Sunday!  Guest serves has just confirmed to us that they knew this was changing a week ago, but guests only just informed.  This is going to lead to more frustrations for parents travelling kids (more than this week)!

This week we boarded to discover that 300 of the 1000 passengers were kids.  At first I thought great numbers on a Quantum ship (and this is true except for the kid situation).  Each age group has 70+ kids in and they are limited each group in adventure ocean to a max of 20 in each session.  They are then limiting the number of hours each kid can attend to 12hrs for the entire week.  And you need to book in advance.

With covid etc this would be fine if RCCL were clear upfront but we were left to discover when onboard.  This left a lot of kids entertaining and playing with each other outside the kids club and across the ship (adapting).  But beware the onboard security (I don't think they like it much).

Also be aware if you are used to doing windjammer for dinner with the kids (and don't normally do formal night dresses etc...).  The windjammer is shut in the evening and the main dining is the only dinner option with proper food, that is included as part of the cruise fare.  And there's at least one formal night on the Anthem cruises.

Apart from that, the cruise has been amazing, great fun considering everything.  And the crew have been amazeballs and the shows fabulous.  Can't wait for next week.

Fyi - we get to stay onboard into the next cruise and just have to do rapid flow tests onboard with the crew on the day before change-over day.

For any parent boarding on Sunday, breathe, you just need to adjust and get used to the new normal with kids onboard.

Am really curious why Anthem is no longer on Sept schedule.  I am on the ship in Sept. and it hasn't been cancelled.  Could it be that they have reached passenger limit?  Or going to cancel passengers booked from US?  Or?   Let me know if any of you have cruises then and what happens.   I have hotels, airfare, and cruise all paid for at this point.  But am somewhat expecting it to be cancelled.