CruiseLifeRick

Current Cruise Director & Activities Manager List

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Joe01 said:

I am very appreciative of History (studied it for 6 years at school), but I am talking about the country today.

Anyways - the "proud to be Scottish" thing is a bit off-topic. What I meant was that I feel that the English are more capable as CD's than the Scottish. Several of Royal's best are English, whereas I only know of 2 Scottish CD's and one is a total dud. I am partial to an English accent though.

Let's get back on topic.

english, scottish, welsh irish or albanian, doesnt matter because where someone comes from doesnt make them a better CD, CEO or even a doctor!  it's about putting in the effort, listening to advice and learning, if your good or bad its not because your from outer mongolia its becasue you have or havent put in the effort

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ray said:

english, scottish, welsh irish or albanian, doesnt matter because where someone comes from doesnt make them a better CD, CEO or even a doctor!  it's about putting in the effort, listening to advice and learning, if your good or bad its not because your from outer mongolia its becasue you have or havent put in the effort

I totally agree that effort is the way. Just don't expect me to say to an audience full of guests that I originate in Glasgow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rjac said:

Perhaps they all graduated from: https://www.thetravelacademy.com/travel-careers/cruise-ship-school

If you're looking to become a CD, might want to start there. 😎

@rjac -I had to laugh at that because, according to that site, our cruise directors may not need any experience but our server may! (My saying that with absolutely no disrespect towards servers--just that CDs may not need experience.)

"ACL hires people with college degrees as cruise directors- even if they have no cruise experience! Other positions such as server and youth counselor may require prior experience."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Without trying to cause another argument, it seems that Activities Manager Grant Martin is Scotland's saving grace on the CD and AM front.

I never really will be "proud to be Scottish", but would love if they managed to get a Scottish CD who would be able to represent the country well and redeem the image. Of the 2 current Scottish CD's, one is on Majesty of the Seas (2nd oldest ship in fleet) and the other is Bobby Brown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which AM would you like to see promoted to CD?

I'm bitter over them never giving Darryl Dyball a chance at CD. He wanted it, so should have got it, even if that meant removing someone else from the schedule.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you watched the video, surely you can agree that Darryl should have been promoted? I don't get why Bobby has been kept on for so long yet Darryl and Chris never got CD. Some other CD's who I wouldn't be sad to see leaving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got told on CC that Jerome Sueur was let go from Royal Caribbean. Had him on Allure in 2015 - Shame as he was a nice guy and spoke a lot of languages. If only it was someone else that they got rid of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Time for a little update!

Ship

Cruise Director

Activities Manager

Adventure

Chris Brown

Unknown

Allure

Jimmy Rhodes

Unknown

Anthem

Clo O'Connor

Tanya Yates Tongue

Brilliance

Abe Hughes

Enzo Matijaca

Empress

Hugo Arenas

Mickey Martin

Enchantment

 Bobby Broughton        

 Assata Young-Mayers

Explorer

Graham Seymour

Margot van Erck

Freedom

 Drew Devine

Saini Gupta

Grandeur 

 Mike Szwajkowski

Cecy del Razo

Harmony

 Dru Pavlov

Jerry Kubli

Independence

 Tim Connor

Elizabeth Hackett

Jewel

Andrea Olivieri

Daniel Klophaus

Liberty

Mitch Merucci

Unknown

Mariner

Ricky Matthews

Renato Arana

Majesty

Susan Adams

Mauricio Diaz

Navigator

Simona Ferraiuolo

Mark Rous

Oasis

Jeff Arpin

Tresha Robb

Ovation

Mike Hunnerup

Angelle Rutten van Hemert

Quantum

Paul Rutter

Unknown

Radiance

Ken Jones

Alex Green

Rhapsody

Elvis Pinto

Eric Lopez

Serenade

Symphony

Carly Boileau

Michele Scarpato

Alison Hasler

Katy McCullagh

Vision

Steve Davis

Talita Leoni

Voyager

Carlos Torres

Troy Zhang

EDIT: Please ask if you would like to know who will be onboard on a specific date. I may have the answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping Symphony of the Seas will offer a better managed Sailaway Party. The poster of the video was unimpressed, as was I.

Remember that the running of events like this come down to the Cruise Director & Activities Manager. Even if you say that they don't matter, they really do if you plan to go near any activities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heads up for anyone on the 2 Group Cruises this year:

Explorer - June 22nd 2018:

CD - Topi Ylönen; AM - Aysy Sadrislamova

Symphony - November 17th 2018:

CD - Marc Walker; AM - Currently unknown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2018 at 9:38 AM, Joe01 said:

Time for a little update!

Ship

Cruise Director

Activities Manager

Adventure

Chris Brown

Unknown

Allure

Jimmy Rhodes

Unknown

Anthem

Clo O'Connor

Tanya Yates Tongue

Brilliance

Abe Hughes

Enzo Matijaca

Empress

Hugo Arenas

Mickey Martin

Enchantment

 Bobby Broughton        

 Assata Young-Mayers

Explorer

Graham Seymour

Margot van Erck

Freedom

 Drew Devine

Saini Gupta

Grandeur 

 Mike Szwajkowski

Cecy del Razo

Harmony

 Dru Pavlov

Jerry Kubli

Independence

 Tim Connor

Elizabeth Hackett

Jewel

Andrea Olivieri

Daniel Klophaus

Liberty

Mitch Merucci

Unknown

Mariner

Ricky Matthews

Renato Arana

Majesty

Susan Adams

Mauricio Diaz

Navigator

Simona Ferraiuolo

Mark Rous

Oasis

Jeff Arpin

Tresha Robb

Ovation

Mike Hunnerup

Angelle Rutten van Hemert

Quantum

Paul Rutter

Unknown

Radiance

Ken Jones

Alex Green

Rhapsody

Elvis Pinto

Eric Lopez

Serenade

Symphony

Carly Boileau

Michele Scarpato

Alison Hasler

Katy McCullagh

Vision

Steve Davis

Talita Leoni

Voyager

Carlos Torres

Troy Zhang

EDIT: Please ask if you would like to know who will be onboard on a specific date. I may have the answer.

Thanks for the update! Do you know who will be on Liberty in September this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cristina_WNOP said:

Thanks for the update! Do you know who will be on Liberty in September this year?

I'm not sure yet. Was meant to be John Blair but he left earlier than expected and isn't returning to LB. You are lucky though as I am not a John fan whatsoever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Skid said:

Hi Joe. Do you (or anyone) have any info/reviews on Chris Brown? We will be on Adventure soon. Thanks!

This seems to be Chris' first CD contract in the Caribbean itineraries, after over 3 years in the Asia & Australia market, so not heard much. I have heard that he is good though. Was on Quantum prior and closed down the Legend, so is probably respected by Royal as a good CD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, it depends on the itinerary. If it is a port intensive cruise, it doesn't matter, but for longer cruises with more at sea days, it does factor into the decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate tomato sauce but it doesn't stop me eating pizza! 

In other words who a CD is wouldn't worry me as it's only a small part of the experience and it shouldn't have any bearing on booking a cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing that is important with CD's is motivating their staff. On Harmony last summer with Abe, the team was great, and then they went downhill after his replacement boarded, who shall remain nameless. Several of the Staff didn't seem happy after the new CD had taken over either.

Good CD = Good Entertainment Staff

 

With a good Cruise Director, that embarrassing Sailaway Party a few posts up wouldn't have happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Joe01 said:

One thing that is important with CD's is motivating their staff. On Harmony last summer with Abe, the team was great, and then they went downhill after his replacement boarded, who shall remain nameless. Several of the Staff didn't seem happy after the new CD had taken over either.

Good CD = Good Entertainment Staff

 

With a good Cruise Director, that embarrassing Sailaway Party a few posts up wouldn't have happened.

Not what you said on CC when asked about above cruise last July, your words were that BB was good in reply to a question about it. 

Whatever your reason for now disliking BB you need to drop it as it's all you discuss and it's tiring. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ray said:

 Not what you said on CC when asked about above cruise last July, your words were that BB was good in reply to a question about it. 

Whatever your reason for now disliking BB you need to drop it as it's all you discuss and it's tiring. 

 

That was until I watched a re-play of L&M on our cruise. I tend to be more positive during and soon after the cruise. It's not all I discuss anyway, you just seem to enjoy criticizing my opinions. Actually, FYI, I do a lot for my thread on CC, and try to transfer some of that onto here. If you don't like it, make up your own list! I'm trying to reign back my opinions, but in all honesty, I recommend that you quit visiting this thread as we seem unable to agree on anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now