Current Cruise Director & Activities Manager List

3 minutes ago, Sjacobs said:

Just got off the Serenade boat this morning.  Andrea is the new cruise director and we really liked him. Yes, he is Italian. He even added something really special. At night he brought us up to deck 13 and had them turn off the lights near us. We had such a magnificent view of the stars. Then, using a laser pointer he pointed out the different stars and constellations.  I learned so much! 

I would totally dig this !  I have always been a star lover (started college as a physics major b/c they did not offer astrophysics).  Very cool !

37 minutes ago, Sjacobs said:

Just got off the Serenade boat this morning.  Andrea is the new cruise director and we really liked him. Yes, he is Italian. He even added something really special. At night he brought us up to deck 13 and had them turn off the lights near us. We had such a magnificent view of the stars. Then, using a laser pointer he pointed out the different stars and constellations.  I learned so much! 

Thanks for the review. It's great to hear of a CD who is creative and hosts their own unique activities. 

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Joe01 said:

Happy New Year to everyone.

Per CC, Mike Szwajkowski takes over SY on May 4th. If Symphony wasn't so expensive, I would be booked in a heartbeat. At least @Lovetocruise2002 has a good CD to look forward to. Ironically, I still know nothing about Harmony in March.

I saw that earlier elsewhere.  I know nothing about him though.  And SY is ridiculously expensive for July!

I also know nothing about who is taking over after Marc leaves in two weeks. I have tried to message Royal so many times.  The answer I keep getting is "check back with us in the new year".

And some feedback on Jamie Fentiman as CD on Indy.  He was fantastic!  He was such an active CD, we saw him all over the ship.  He was in almost every activity.  He sings apparently and sang his own songs for the New Year's party and the 80s party.  Fantastic sense of humour.  A really fun guy.

Daniel (AM) was equally as funny.  He hosted the Sexiest Man competition and the intro of Love and Marriage and has great energy and humour as well.

52 minutes ago, Joe01 said:

Per CC, Mike Szwajkowski takes over SY on May 4th. If Symphony wasn't so expensive, I would be booked in a heartbeat. At least @Lovetocruise2002 has a good CD to look forward to. Ironically, I still know nothing about Harmony in March.

Happy new year to you also Joe. We'll be on Symphony in May and was hoping to have Abe again (was with Abe when he was on Anthem). Hopefully Mike will be an equally good experience. This will be our first time on Oasis Class and it will be interesting to see how the staff interacts with so many people on such a big ship.

4 minutes ago, Skid said:

Happy new year to you also Joe. We'll be on Symphony in May and was hoping to have Abe again (was with Abe when he was on Anthem). Hopefully Mike will be an equally good experience. This will be our first time on Oasis Class and it will be interesting to see how the staff interacts with so many people on such a big ship.

Make sure you come back and give feedback on Mike @Skid.  Looking forward to hearing what you think of him as I know nothing about him good or bad.

2 hours ago, Joe01 said:

How is the CD on Symphony now? We'll be on in March.

10 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

How is the CD on Symphony now? We'll be on in March.

The Cruise Director just switched today from Abe to Bobby. Abe is said to be back on March 16th, but things are currently up in the air.

I love Abe as CD. Some people enjoy Bobby. Depends on what you want in a CD.

47 minutes ago, Joe01 said:

The Cruise Director just switched today from Abe to Bobby. Abe is said to be back on March 16th, but things are currently up in the air.

I love Abe as CD. Some people enjoy Bobby. Depends on what you want in a CD.

Thanks.  We get off Mar 16 so sounds like we'll have Bobby.

Just now, WannaCruise said:

Just did a search and Bobby doesn't seem to get positive reviews?  Too bad.

I did not care for him at all, but folks on the Symphony TA seemed to like him. I see him being popular with an older demographic, but as I'm younger and enjoy an active and upbeat CD, he didn't cut the mustard in my opinion.

Just now, Joe01 said:

I did not care for him at all, but folks on the Symphony TA seemed to like him. I see him being popular with an older demographic, but as I'm younger and enjoy an active and upbeat CD, he didn't cut the mustard in my opinion.

Yeah...good when they are active, funny, friendly and sense of humor.  Will have to see.

Just now, WannaCruise said:

Yeah...good when they are active, funny, friendly and sense of humor.  Will have to see.

@WannaCruise let's just put it this way...You like Jamie Fentiman right?  These are Hubby's words.."Jamie is exceptional, and BB is adequate."

IMO, BB is older, he doesn't have the same enthusiasm and energy as some of the younger CDs.  His personality is not quite as captivating either.  

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@WannaCruise let's just put it this way...You like Jamie Fentiman right?  These are Hubby's words.."Jamie is exceptional, and BB is adequate."

IMO, BB is older, he doesn't have the same enthusiasm and energy as some of the younger CDs.  His personality is not quite as captivating either.  

Yeah...we actually didn't see Jamie until 3rd day, but then he seemed around.  Very funny, and really great at Love & Marriage and Quest.

Sounds like Bobby is more subdued.  Oh well...won't ruin our vacation.  Surprising though they don't have someone more enthusiastic on Symphony.

It's like every job in life, people reach their prime and then eventually lose their enthusiasm for it. Bobby has been a CD for 21 years so it's to be expected that a younger CD like Tim Connor (even though he is gone now) would have more enthusiasm and energy. That's why I'm excited to see Tanya and Enzo promoted. 

Just now, yaya luvs to cruz said:

I messaged RCCL asking who the CD and AM will be on Anthem's sailing tomorrow, January 6. They said Tanya Yates (Tornado Tanya) will be the CD and Dennis (Sciorino) Charles will be the AM. Isn't he a CD also?

Tanya is leaving for a promotion to CD tomorrow on Majesty. I think Dennis is the CD. They have been inaccurate in the past and this sounds like nonsense.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Joe01 said:

Heard that Michele is coming back to Harmony tomorrow. Might have solved who will be the CD in March.

He is, that's what Royal told me.  I thought you had mentioned that it would be short term because he needs a long enough vacay before doing the European season.  Did you hear anything new?  Royal would not commit to an answer when I asked them for March.  Just that he takes over for Marc tomorrow.  But then Marc posted on FB yesterday about changes to the CD schedule next week so who knows?!

8 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

He is, that's what Royal told me.  I thought you had mentioned that it would be short term because he needs a long enough vacay before doing the European season.  Did you hear anything new?  Royal would not commit to an answer when I asked them for March.  Just that he takes over for Marc tomorrow.  But then Marc posted on FB yesterday about changes to the CD schedule next week so who knows?!

Assuming he does 2 months, Michele could still be there for your cruise. I don't think he is going to be there for 4 months anyway.

As for Marc's FB post, it could be that he has been asked to come back to Harmony after his break rather than Mariner. Both are out of Canaveral this summer so he'll be near his family either way.

Keeping my eye on HM specifically to see who will be there in early July.

7 hours ago, mom2mybugs said:

Just curious who is on allure in March? And vision in July/August?   What is the best way to find out this info besides depending on all you knowledgeable people!!  Jane

Mitch is on Allure in March. No idea for Vision yet. Probably too far out to tell.

I can only comment on Dennis Charles (Anthem last August). He seemed to be everywhere, all the time. My wife wondered out loud if and when he ever slept. Had a good sense of humor. There are probably much better CD's that I don't know of but I would not be disappointed to find him as CD on another cruise. Tornado Tanya was the AD. I cannot remember any of the names of the cruise directors on prior cruises on another line.

15 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@mom2mybugs let me know what you think of him after your cruise.  He's the CD on schedule for the Anthem GC.

I will.  I try and hit the big shows (love and marriage, quest rtc).  I still remember Steve and the thriller dance from my first cruise in 2015 (vision) but I'm not even sure who was on freedom last March....   Jane

On 21 January 2019 at 6:47 PM, Fuzzywuzzy said:

I can only comment on Dennis Charles (Anthem last August). He seemed to be everywhere, all the time. My wife wondered out loud if and when he ever slept. Had a good sense of humor. There are probably much better CD's that I don't know of but I would not be disappointed to find him as CD on another cruise. Tornado Tanya was the AD. I cannot remember any of the names of the cruise directors on prior cruises on another line.

Thanks for sharing a positive review of Dennis as he's taking over on Harmony in July per CC.