Current Cruise Director & Activities Manager List

3 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

That means I might run into him July 27, 2019??? ?

If I use the 4 on, 2 off logic then yes. But nothing is confirmed so don't worry. I just don't want to take the chance. Also, if I use the max of 3 contracts on each ship rule, then he won't be back next summer.

Contact Royal via social media and try to get a response from them. 

3 minutes ago, Joe01 said:

If I use the 4 on, 2 off logic then yes. But nothing is confirmed so don't worry. I just don't want to take the chance. Also, if I use the max of 3 contracts on each ship rule, then he won't be back next summer.

Contact Royal via social media and try to get a response from them. 

Actually, that is still good news in a way then because that means I won't run into him on Harmony March 10.

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Actually, that is still good news in a way then because that means I won't run into him on Harmony March 10.

Fingers crossed! They may know who will be on HM on March 10th so I would drop them a message.

8 hours ago, RatedPG said:

The Cruise Director on the Majesty last November (2017) was a guy with a very long foreign name.  IIRC, he was of Polynesian descent.  Does anyone here know/remember him?  I'm trying to recall who he was.  I also forgot the short version of his name.

Ricky Matthews from Jamaica was the CD then. The AM was Moe (Mosese Vatuloka) from Fiji, so it might be him.

3 hours ago, Joe01 said:

Ricky Matthews from Jamaica was the CD then. The AM was Moe (Mosese Vatuloka) from Fiji, so it might be him.

Thanks for the info.  Yes, it was Moe. 

Ricky Matthews must have been on break when I sailed.  He did not make an appearance at all.  I thought all the while that Moe was the CD.  He pretty much did everything that Bobby Brown did on the Harmony when I was on it.

14 minutes ago, RatedPG said:

Thanks for the info.  Yes, it was Moe. 

Ricky Matthews must have been on break when I sailed.  He did not make an appearance at all.  I thought all the while that Moe was the CD.  He pretty much did everything that Bobby Brown did on the Harmony when I was on it.

Ricky is very high energy, so he was possibly unwell that sailing and Moe stepped up to cover.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, JamesGurner said:

Hi we’re cuttently sailing on Indy we thought Tim O’Connor would be cruise director, he’s even listed in day 1’s cruise compass. Although on our welcome aboard show we have Ken Jones..... never had him as CD before doing a pretty good job.

Thanks for the info. Possible that Tim had to leave for a sailing or two and Ken headed there to cover as he had just left Vision.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Joe01 said:

@Lovetocruise2002

Bad news - looks like Tim has left the company. This makes me sad. It seems that all of the best are dropping like flies.

I know!  So sad.  One of the better ones too.  I messaged Royal earlier to ask who my CD would be in December.  They said Jamie Fentiman.  Then I asked about Tim and they said he was not on any of their ships.  When I flat out asked if he left, they said they could not disclose that.  @Joe01 how do you know for sure he left and he's not just on vacation?

41 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I know!  So sad.  One of the better ones too.  I messaged Royal earlier to ask who my CD would be in December.  They said Jamie Fentiman.  Then I asked about Tim and they said he was not on any of their ships.  When I flat out asked if he left, they said they could not disclose that.  @Joe01 how do you know for sure he left and he's not just on vacation?

Found out on CC.

Can definitely confirm that Tim has left as his LinkedIn is no longer showing Royal Caribbean.

His departure has me scratching my head a bit. Hoping it was nothing serious and wishing him and his family the best going forward.

He was the youngest CD in the fleet. They need to hire someone young next to put a Millennial twist on things. :4_joy:

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, OBX Ron said:

Anyone know who will be CD on the Grandeur of the Seas in January 2019?  I see elsewhere that Tornado Tanya has moved on to the Anthem......she was great and DEFINITELY deserved her name

You can always message Royal through social media, they will tell you if you are close enough to sailing (which you likely are).

1 hour ago, coneyraven said:

He was AWESOME over Halloween ..... One of the funniest CD's I'd ever seen (not that I've see too many) --- but thoroughly enjoyed his style of humor.   Makes me wonder where he'll be for his next contract.... and when.

Mike is on GR until February 14th then presumably heads for vacation. He said on CC that he is expecting to go to an Oasis Class next year. He's already been on OA before so thinks it will be HM or SY. Fingers crossed it will be the one that I choose.

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, coneyraven said:

Spotted on the Grandeur of the Seas fan page ...

John & Kristina Blair will be returning as CD/AD from 2/23 - 6/23 2019 ---- then again from 8/8 - 11/30 2019.

Now, the next question would be, where's Mike S. and CiCi going during those times?

Mike has already been confirmed for a Oasis Class next year. Cecy is moving to Mariner in December.

Just got off the Serenade boat this morning.  Andrea is the new cruise director and we really liked him. Yes, he is Italian. He even added something really special. At night he brought us up to deck 13 and had them turn off the lights near us. We had such a magnificent view of the stars. Then, using a laser pointer he pointed out the different stars and constellations.  I learned so much!