Current Cruise Director & Activities Manager List

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

Just checked and I see that I'll be just missing Dennis Charles for CD on Anthem (departs the day I embark), and instead I'll have Dru Pavlov. Will Mr. Pavlov leave me salivating every time he rings a bell? ?

From what I have read and followed, you are better off with Dru.

6 hours ago, JLMoran said:

btw, if you haven't yet figured it out -- I'm a huge pop culture and trivia nerd, and often lace my conversations with side references and such that I hope folks will get and find amusing. ?

Taling about trivia, I've heard that Dru often hosts some trivia on the ship. Might be worth checking out.

Edited by Joe01

Do you think it is wishful thinking to hope that Tim Connor likes the Freedom Class enough to transfer to Liberty out of Texas for July?? :100_pray:

I asked Marc if he was expecting to return to Liberty after his vacation. He didn't say no, but his reply implied that he would likely be somewhere else. John Blair's FB posts imply that he is staying on Radiance next year. Those are the two recent regulars on LB. I know not to judge people who I've not met myself, but Jeff Arpin (who has also worked on LB quite often) does not participate in the events such as 70's night alongside a bizarre L&M format (at least from his GR days), so I hope it won't be him.

Keeping my fingers crossed that it will be a competent CD alongside a fun and high energy personality! Any recommendations? It looks as if I will be having a completely new CD next year if I do LB.

35 minutes ago, Joe01 said:

Do you think it is wishful thinking to hope that Tim Connor likes the Freedom Class enough to transfer to Liberty out of Texas for July?? :100_pray:

I asked Marc if he was expecting to return to Liberty after his vacation. He didn't say no, but his reply implied that he would likely be somewhere else. John Blair's FB posts imply that he is staying on Radiance next year. Those are the two recent regulars on LB. I know not to judge people who I've not met myself, but Jeff Arpin (who has also worked on LB quite often) does not participate in the events such as 70's night alongside a bizarre L&M format (at least from his GR days), so I hope it won't be him.

Keeping my fingers crossed that it will be a competent CD alongside a fun and high energy personality! Any recommendations? It looks as if I will be having a completely new CD next year if I do LB.

I would say it is way too far out to even think about or predict.

4 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I would say it is way too far out to even think about or predict.

You're probably right, but i might need to book something ASAP. I wish they put a provisional schedule out 1 year in advance.

However, I do know who is scheduled to be Captain and I'm hoping that will change. CD, HD and Capt are the 3 individuals responsible for setting the tone on the ship.  

35 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

If it is you, we are nicer here than over on that other place ?  Welcome!

Totally agree. 

Speaking of "that other place", I have created a new account there. Going to try and make amends with them. My loyalty is still always to the Blog though. 

Just now, aloc said:

Any idea who the CD will be for Symphony on the Feb 9 sailing? I saw Abe is leaving in early January but didn't see who will replace him. PS I just requested access to the Google Doc. 

I'm afraid that I have absolutely no idea. Due to demographic suitability, Bobby will probably only do the rest of Europe so its anyone's guess as to who will replace Abe. It needs to be someone good hopefully.

Rumor has it that Leigh Xuereb may be returning to Royal Caribbean.

Please make this true! One of the best ever CD's. I would gladly have him back with Royal. Very unique style and a bit naughty at times, which is refreshing compared to many other CD's. Had him on Explorer while he was filling in for Spacey, but soon after, he got made permanent himself.

8 minutes ago, Joe01 said:

Abe Hughes seems to be returning to Symphony after his vacation. Thinking of going on SY next summer again if that is the case. More likely to get a good one on SY than Liberty.

@Lovetocruise2002 - when are you on SY? Hope you don't miss Abe again.

July 27, 2019.  I really hope I don't miss him!!  Any word on how long Tim is on Indy for?  He got on last Saturday and I'm sailing December 29th.

7 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

July 27, 2019.  I really hope I don't miss him!!  Any word on how long Tim is on Indy for?  He got on last Saturday and I'm sailing December 29th.

You should be lucky with Tim on ID. Seems like a 4 monther that he is doing. To my knowledge, he is the regular on Independence and just filled on Rhapsody because of Joff's placement doing 4 months on ID in the UK and 4 months on OV in Oz. As for Abe, I'm less sure about him being there. As long as Bobby gets Spectrum in China, you should be fine.

1 minute ago, Joe01 said:

You should be lucky with Tim on ID. Seems like a 4 monther that he is doing. To my knowledge, he is the regular on Independence and just filled on Rhapsody because of Joff's placement doing 4 months on ID in the UK and 4 months on OV in Oz. As for Abe, I'm less sure about him being there. As long as Bobby gets Spectrum in China, you should be fine.

As long as it's not BB again, I'm good.  I will be so excited if we get to sail with Tim again!

5 minutes ago, Joe01 said:

You may be in luck then! Did you book ID because you thought he would be there? 

Nope.  We booked her because we enjoyed Mariner in August and we wanted to sail out of FLL for New year's.  I found out after that it might be Tim.  That just raised my excitement for December.

On 7/16/2018 at 7:01 AM, Joe01 said:

I've had 3 people request access to the sheet. Please like this post to confirm if you are one of them, just so I am sure that they are real accounts and connected to the blog.

Just so you know, I requested access to the sheet. I’m the one with the gmail that starts with siempre——

20 hours ago, Rascott03 said:

She was hilarious!! I loved her! Hugo was great too... I had to get used to his energy tho lol.

In my opinion, every Cruise Director should be as energetic as Hugo. Royal made a good call promoting him as they needed a new and dynamic CD that had enthusiasm and energy. Fingers crossed that Assata and other strong AM's move up, and that Leigh comes back.

Planning the July 6th Symphony sailing. Sent Abe as a message and hopefully he will be there. The only way I see myself backing out is if he names a replacement who is a dud.

Wonder who will be AM. Will miss Margot. Hoping it isn't Katy again.

On 4 October 2018 at 10:57 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I will miss you by a few weeks!

I'll ask whoever is the Cruise Director to take great care of you. Sadly I don't see Abe being there July 27th, but hope he can still be there for my cruise. Planning on booking once it is confirmed that BB will not be there.

11 minutes ago, Joe01 said:

I'll ask whoever is the Cruise Director to take great care of you. Sadly I don't see Abe being there July 27th, but hope he can still be there for my cruise. Planning on booking once it is confirmed that BB will not be there.

I don't think he will be there either....sad news.  Well if I get Tim Connor on Indy on December 29 that will make up for it.  And there's still Harmony in March that is question mark...I thought Marc would come back but it sounds like he wants to stay on Liberty...

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I don't think he will be there either....sad news.  Well if I get Tim Connor on Indy on December 29 that will make up for it.  And there's still Harmony in March that is question mark...I thought Marc would come back but it sounds like he wants to stay on Liberty...

I asked Marc and he said that he requested a ship in a certain location. The info was cryptic so I'm unsure if he stays on LB. He also said that he prefers LB over HM as it's easier on the blood pressure. They are certainly very dug in on Oasis Class.