Current Cruise Director & Activities Manager List

7 hours ago, Debs said:

I still follow CC but there are hardly any updates now. I’m glad I found this one it’s much better. The last recent update was John and Katrina Blair joining Radiance August 10th. 

Thanks! I wonder why that thread is 5 pages in if there isn't much updates.

Anybody not able to access the doc yet? Please let me know. 

If you are wondering where to get info - some CD's have social media and will state their schedule. Other sources of info can include CC (but don't plagiarise their list) and asking CD's on ships. Probably other sources, but those are the ones off the top of my head.

As for the AM's, that will be harder. Some may have social media, but the AM list on CC is no longer active and they aren't usually public figures like CD's. 

All info will be appreciated though! And as always, feel free to say if you enjoyed a CD (but let's not make it as hostile as my CC list ended up being).

Thanks, Joe :)

Hi Joe,

Here is some information you can add to the spreadsheet:

• Brilliance - CD onboard date September 22
  • Freedom -  CD onboard date July 28th, not 29th
  • Jewel - CD onboard date August 19th
  • Liberty - current CD Marc Walker (July 22nd for four months)
  • Mariner - CD onboard date September 17th
  • Radiance - CD onboard date August 10th

This info was current as of yesterday's update. 

2 minutes ago, accio7 said:

Hi Joe,

Here is some information you can add to the spreadsheet:

• Brilliance - CD onboard date September 22
  • Freedom -  CD onboard date July 28th, not 29th
  • Jewel - CD onboard date August 19th
  • Liberty - current CD Marc Walker (July 22nd for four months)
  • Mariner - CD onboard date September 17th
  • Radiance - CD onboard date August 10th

This info was current as of yesterday's update. 

Thanks! Will update later.

Who is joining BR on Sept 22?

Fingers crossed that LB will have a good CD next summer as I'm looking into that ship. Preferably someone new. Not John Blair like it has been for a couple of years on LB (although it seems he has moved on to RD and possibly AD next summer).

Also, another reminder that the doc is yours. If you are able to access it, you should be permitted to edit it. Let's make it a collaborative effort. :-)

13 minutes ago, Joe01 said:

Katy McCullagh has now been confirmed as AM for the Symphony TA and will be there for the US inaugurals. No idea who the CD will be. It doesn't seem like Bobby has returned. 

Michele told me Bobby is on in September. 

Also told me that CD contracts are usually 4 months, if you didn’t know that and if it helps.

2 minutes ago, CraftyCat05 said:

Michele told me Bobby is on in September. 

Also told me that CD contracts are usually 4 months, if you didn’t know that and if it helps.

Well, I am glad that I decided not to do the Symphony TA after all then now that I have found out the CD & AM. 

The contract rotation is usually 4 months on, 2 months off but Michele has been on SY since March 11th so this is a 6 month one for him.

Thanks for the info! 

12 minutes ago, Sarah said:

I would find it really helpful if people could please post the first name of the ship as I don't know them from the abbreviations! 

Perhaps I need to cruise on different ships!

The doc doesn't have the abbreviations.

I'll post the abbreviation here for you:

• AD = Adventure
  • AL = Allure
  • AN = Anthem
  • BR = Brilliance
  • NE = Empress
  • EN = Enchantment
  • EX = Explorer
  • FR = Freedom
  • GR = Grandeur
  • HM = Harmony
  • ID = Independence
  • JW = Jewel
  • LB = Liberty
  • MA = Mariner
  • MJ = Majesty
  • NV = Navigator
  • OA = Oasis
  • OV = Ovation
  • QN = Quantum
  • RD = Radiance
  • RH = Rhapsody
  • SR = Serenade
  • SP = Spectrum (I think)
  • SY = Symphony
  • VI = Vision
  • VY = Voyager

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Fingers crossed...still doesn't guarantee that he will be back in time.

He said he is on vacation on the first week of January, meaning that he leaves on December 30th or January 6th. A 2 month break should have him back for March 10th, depending on whether he takes 8, 9 or 10 weeks off.

1 minute ago, Joe01 said:

He said he is on vacation on the first week of January, meaning that he leaves on December 30th or January 6th. A 2 month break should have him back for March 10th, depending on whether he takes 8, 9 or 10 weeks off.

Well if his replacement is Marc Walker then it's a win-win either way...but I doubt it since Marc Walker will like be on vacation at the beginning of January.  Keep me posted on whatever you hear.

Well if his replacement is Marc Walker then it's a win-win either way...but I doubt it since Marc Walker will like be on vacation at the beginning of January.  Keep me posted on whatever you hear.

That would also be a win, but I think Marc will replace Bobby on Symphony and the dates have just been shifted by a couple of months.

Is anyone that posts on CC willing to take over the AM List? It's becoming clear that it is no longer being updated and for a list to be maintained, a change in management may be necessary. Feel free to start from scratch and use info from the Google Doc and ask me about specific dates. Fingers crossed that nothing bad has happened to the OP of that thread.

12 hours ago, garrymorere said:

Hello, thank you for maintaining this thread over here now!

Any ideas on CD for Oasis September 23?

Only two RCI cruises under my belt, with Michele Scarpato and Ricky Matthews and both were great!

Thank you!!

No problem! :1_grinning:

Dan Whitney will be on Oasis until early-September. Jeff Arpin has been the vacation fill in both in Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 so it could be him. He was on LB until July 22nd. Keeping my fingers crossed that he doesn't come back to LB next year as I haven't read good feedback. So, it may be him but I don't have any confirmation. Keep checking back.

BTW - I sailed with Michele last month on Symphony and he is great! 

OK - Info for the Nov. 17th Symphony Group Cruise (to my knowledge and is subject to change):

CD - Bobby Brown; AM - Katy McCullagh

I think I'll pass this one. Hope to join you all for a group cruise one day. I'll keep an eye out for who will be on the Mariner GC in March. :)

BTW - You also get Captain Rob. He is a very personable Captain who is easy to understand, although the noon announcements are no more. :(

On August 6, 2018 at 3:56 PM, Joe01 said:

Was Carlos definitely the CD? I am sure it was Hugo scheduled for Empress and Carlos was on Mariner.

Just read the August 3rd Mariner Compass. Hugo was there. It's odd that he and Carlos have switched ships mid contract.

38 minutes ago, Matt said:

Abe Hughes posted on FB he will be on Harmony from 8/25 - 11/3 and then will be on Symphony when she arrives in Miami

YAY!!!! I am so happy to hear that. Abe is a phenomenal Cruise Director who is so deserving of Symphony and is really everything that a Cruise Director should be. Ecstatic and this makes me now very envious of the Group Cruisers. 

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Just saw that a few minutes ago too!  You lucky Symphony GC people!!

They are indeed very lucky! Maybe he will be on your SY cruise, or if you are luckier, he could rotate doing 2 months on HM and 2 months on SY which could have him on both of your cruises next year. 

1 hour ago, Joe01 said:

They are indeed very lucky! Maybe he will be on your SY cruise, or if you are luckier, he could rotate doing 2 months on HM and 2 months on SY which could have him on both of your cruises next year. 

One can dream lol....once I saw that FB post, I realized that I probably missed out on Abe once again.

One can dream lol....once I saw that FB post, I realized that I probably missed out on Abe once again.

I missed him twice and nearly a 3rd time until I made my 2017 HM vacation a B2B. Per the 2016 CC list, he was supposed to be our CD on Anthem but John Blair got moved there to fill in after Abe had a shoulder injury. If he was on AN as planned, maybe I would have enjoyed that ship more.