Current Cruise Director & Activities Manager List

Just now, VinceC said:

Thank for the reply, I figured it probably would not be listed yet.   If I check in January, should we have a better idea?  and of course it would be dependent upon how long the CD has been on the ship already?

Jimmy Rhodes is regular on Allure. He is there until August then Mitch Merucci covers his vacation. Jimmy probably returns Oct-Feb and then the Allure schedule is TBA. Sorry that I can't help more. Worth checking next year.

How did the Group Cruisers find Topi & Aysy on EX last week?

FYI for all on the Symphony Group Cruise, Marc Walker isn't doing it anymore. I'm boarding SY tomorrow and will ask Michele (current CD) who it is. Hopefully it is someone good. I don't know who the AM will be - my guess is either Margot or Jerry.

9 minutes ago, Joe01 said:

FYI for all on the Symphony Group Cruise, Marc Walker isn't doing it anymore. I'm boarding SY tomorrow and will ask Michele (current CD) who it is. Hopefully it is someone good. I don't know who the AM will be - my guess is either Margot or Jerry.

Someone asked Marc Walker on his FB page (after his Liberty announcement) who would replace him on Harmony for the President's cruise in September, his response was, "No clue, a lot of changes."

5 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Someone asked Marc Walker on his FB page (after his Liberty announcement) who would replace him on Harmony for the President's cruise in September, his response was, "No clue, a lot of changes."

That sucks for him though as SY was his first time doing the inaugurals as CD, not to mention that Florida is closer to home (he has 2 daughters) than Texas. 

BTW - I'm hoping that one of those changes is that SY will have another great CD for the rest of the Med season and TA. I suggest Tim after his stint at Rhapsody (why on earth did they send him there after AL & OA?).

Just now, Joe01 said:

@Lovetocruise2002 Abe is coming back to the Harmony, so given the way that the schedule is looking, he will be your CD in March. :1_grinning: Lucky you!

I saw that on FB earlier this morning! ?

However, I also saw that the response he gave you was pretty vague. I don't know what their rotation is but I might just miss him. Assuming he's back for the president's cruise, he might be on until January? Then how long are they usually off for?? I sail March 10th. Fingers crossed for Abe! I missed him the first time around on Harmony. 

1 minute ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I saw that on FB earlier this morning! ?

However, I also saw that the response he gave you was pretty vague. I don't know what their rotation is but I might just miss him. Assuming he's back for the president's cruise, he might be on until January? Then how long are they usually off for?? I sail March 10th. Fingers crossed for Abe! I missed him the first time around on Harmony. 

He will be back early Sept to January and then off for 2 months. March 10th seems realistic to expect him back onboard. Fingers crossed!

1 hour ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

That would be wonderful! Keep us posted on what you hear ?

@Lovetocruise2002I am sooo jealous. We had Abe on Anthem in 2016. He is the BEST!! I have til Feb to cancel my Symphony...hmmmm? Nah, but I sure would love to see Abe again. Now..if they can just get Chris Hopkins back!! He was Abe's AM back then, then was temporarily made CD (I think on Brilliance??), but wouldn't keep him on as CD so he left. Abe and Chris were truly a dynamic duo! Fingers crossed for you, my friend! If you do get him, make sure to fill out the cards and then watch the morning show...How thrilled will your daughters be to hear their names on television!!??!!!

52 minutes ago, Skid said:

@Lovetocruise2002I am sooo jealous. We had Abe on Anthem in 2016. He is the BEST!! I have til Feb to cancel my Symphony...hmmmm? Nah, but I sure would love to see Abe again. Now..if they can just get Chris Hopkins back!! He was Abe's AM back then, then was temporarily made CD (I think on Brilliance??), but wouldn't keep him on as CD so he left. Abe and Chris were truly a dynamic duo! Fingers crossed for you, my friend! If you do get him, make sure to fill out the cards and then watch the morning show...How thrilled will your daughters be to hear their names on television!!??!!!

I won't get my hopes up yet. March is still quite far away. Marc was suppose to be on Symphony but now they sent him to Liberty so anything can happen. His response on FB was, "On and off through 2019....but that can always change." With my luck, he will move to Symphony and I will end up with his replacement like last time lol. But that will be good for you ?

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I won't get my hopes up yet. March is still quite far away. Marc was suppose to be on Symphony but now they sent him to Liberty so anything can happen. His response on FB was, "On and off through 2019....but that can always change." With my luck, he will move to Symphony and I will end up with his replacement like last time lol. But that will be good for you ?

Keep positive! I wonder why there were so many changes in the schedule. Maybe a CD resigned/was fired which screwed up where certain CD's were supposed to go.

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Possibly..that's 3 major changes in one week...Tim to Rhapsody, Marc to Liberty, and now this...

Tim going to RH didn't surprise me as he would be returning to ID on Sept 22nd which left a 4 month gap and RH needed someone to cover Elvis' vacation.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all! Just back from a great 2 weeks on SY. I think that Michele and Margot are a fantastic CD & AM team. Really enjoyed them.

As some of you may know, whilst onboard, I resigned from doing the list on CC. I just decided that it wasn't in my best interests. I was a bit too opinionated, people didn't like the way I ran it, I wasn't enjoying it any more and it took over my life. It was a learning curve for me, but CC is a tough community and I just thought it was time for me to quit it and focus on what I want in life and my goals to be CD.

With that said, in the past month, I have began to really recognize that Royal Caribbean Blog is a much friendlier community that I will continue to be part of. I have created a Google Spreadsheet Doc for the blog to find out info. Anyone here can go in and edit it with info that they know/find out. Let's get rid of all the cells saying "Unknown". Please don't tell CC.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Vys5ELSSDd0HISyzUEfOMXzbkPqDYWGEc2xyjDEd_P8/edit#gid=0

7 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@Joe01 Thanks for all the work you have done to maintain this thread. People can be quick to criticize but not many want the job, maintaining this list is no easy task.  Dreams are meant to be pursued. Wishing you all the best in the pursuit of yours. ?

Thanks @Lovetocruise2002. I just wish that more of the folks on CC felt the same way. I'm not necessarily running the list here, but hoping that the Google Doc will allow everyone to add updates as they see fit. I know that you post on CC - please don't mention it to that thread.

Joe,

Thanks for the effort. What has happened to Grant Martin? He was the AD on the Serenade last year when we were on board and also on the Allure this March/April when we were on board. He and the CD (Jimmy Rhodes) on the Allure were one hell of an entertaining team! I don't see Grant anywhere on the list you put together. IS he not with Royal anymore?:27_sunglasses:

2 minutes ago, rjac said:

Joe,

Thanks for the effort. What has happened to Grant Martin? He was the AD on the Serenade last year when we were on board and also on the Allure this March/April when we were on board. He and the CD (Jimmy Rhodes) on the Allure were one hell of an entertaining team! I don't see Grant anywhere on the list you put together. IS he not with Royal anymore?:27_sunglasses:

He is not with Royal any more. I had watched an interview with Jimmy in March and he stated that Grant was working towards becoming a CD, however in April, he disappeared and then started a YouTube channel from home (it's called the Granted Access - watch it). My guess is that they may have let him go as it seemed very abrupt. :(  

I think your 2 cruises on AL were his last.

Real shame, he seemed like a great AM and was finally a good one from my country. I had heard that he may be going to HAL. Perhaps they offered him a CD position?

1 hour ago, Joe01 said:

however in April, he disappeared

Yeah, we were on board the Allure the first week in April and  heard that he had a family emergency back home in Scotland and had left. We wish him well were ever he is. great entertainer and sense of humor. Will check him out on You Tube. Thanks!:27_sunglasses: 

Anybody got updates? I don't read CC anymore (they hate me so I'm staying away) so please edit the sheet with any changes that have occurred on their CD list. As for the AM list there, that is never updated, so it may be harder to get much AM updates. Please update as you cruise as well.

3 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Don't take it personally.  They hate everyone.

Thanks. I totally agree. I won't begin to explain how I felt when I resigned from that list. Thank goodness Royal Caribbean Blog is a friendly community.

I barely dipped a toe into CC (mainly just lurked like I did around here before creating an account), but from the little I saw of it, it seems very quick to negativity and senseless rudeness. It really turned me off and made me not want to post there. But thank goodness this site seems very welcoming and helpful. I haven't been here long, but my reason for lurking for a couple months was to feel out the community to see if it was going to be a place I'd feel comfortable posting in. It can be so hard to find a place online that doesn't jump to rudeness very quickly. I guess it's just the nature of the semi anon medium. 

9 minutes ago, spiralqueen said:

I barely dipped a toe into CC (mainly just lurked like I did around here before creating an account), but from the little I saw of it, it seems very quick to negativity and senseless rudeness. It really turned me off and made me not want to post there. But thank goodness this site seems very welcoming and helpful. I haven't been here long, but my reason for lurking for a couple months was to feel out the community to see if it was going to be a place I'd feel comfortable posting in. It can be so hard to find a place online that doesn't jump to rudeness very quickly. I guess it's just the nature of the semi anon medium. 

Welcome! Yes - this blog is much friendlier. CC is a bit like a clique. I learned that when I stopped doing the CD list there. 

On 6/30/2018 at 8:06 AM, Joe01 said:

Him and the activities staff were probably my least favorite of all the cruises I’ve been on. I just didn’t find him funny or that engaging. The activities staff I found to rude at times, I think they thought they were being funny/playing with the guest, but I found it to be a bit rude. I usually always come away from a cruise with at least one favorite/memorable cruise activities staff member, not this time. 

With that said I still had a great time on the cruise, I’ve never found that the CD staff makes or breaks my cruise enjoyment. I’ve only had one cruise that I would consider poor and it wasn’t on Royal. 

35 minutes ago, Boltswin said:

Him and the activities staff were probably my least favorite of all the cruises I’ve been on. I just didn’t find him funny or that engaging. The activities staff I found to rude at times, I think they thought they were being funny/playing with the guest, but I found it to be a bit rude. I usually always come away from a cruise with at least one favorite/memorable cruise activities staff member, not this time. 

With that said I still had a great time on the cruise, I’ve never found that the CD staff makes or breaks my cruise enjoyment. I’ve only had one cruise that I would consider poor and it wasn’t on Royal. 

It might depend which countries the staff were from. What may be perceived as funny by one demographic may come across as rude to another. Particularly if they were European when this was an Alaskan cruise with mostly US and Canadian guests. Shame to hear that you didn't enjoy them though. It was only Topi's 3rd sailing in Alaska though, so he might not be used to the demographic yet.

48 minutes ago, Boltswin said:

I hadn't thought about it until you mentioned it.  This is probably the least I've experienced a CD/AM team on any cruise.  That's not to say they weren't doing their job, more that there was so much else going on, especially in the evening hours walking the outer decks looking at the amazing scenery, that I didn't attend a lot of CD type events or I'd venture into a show after it had started and I missed the CD bit at the beginning.  

From that sense they didn't exist for me, like they weren't even on the ship.  I couldn't tell you if they are young or old, male or female - I don't recall seeing them even once.