Current Cruise Director & Activities Manager List

1 hour ago, CraftyCat05 said:

Hey @Joe01 do you know who will be the AM and CD on Symphony on the July 29 sailing and August 6 sailings? Hope Michelle is still on the ship then!

Activities Manager should be Margot van Erck. I haven't had her yet, but stay tuned as I am on SY in 2.5 weeks and will provide feedback.

Michele may still be there. I'll ask him in July. Hopefully he will be and you don't get his replacement.

18 minutes ago, Joe01 said:

Activities Manager should be Margot van Erck. I haven't had her yet, but stay tuned as I am on SY in 2.5 weeks and will provide feedback.

Michele may still be there. I'll ask him in July. Hopefully he will be and you don't get his replacement.

Sounds good Joe, thanks for checking! Hopefully Margot van Erck will be an OK Activities Manager, isn't she new?

Hope Michele is there, or that Tim is his replacement (but i'm not counting on it), he really is fantastic!

1 hour ago, fonemanbob said:

We could care less who the flipping cruise director is on a cruise.  Itinerary is the main reason for going on a cruise.  And the shopping people can be a real joke.  Some  Cruise directors are really good and the bad ones are BAD.  

I agree with you on the itinerary (and ship in some cases) is the main reason to be on a cruise, but a good CD makes the experience much better for a cruiser. P&S are a joke indeed! Wish they would chill on us cruisers and let us relax on our vacation, not syphoned for money. 

Just now, CraftyCat05 said:

Sounds good Joe, thanks for checking! Hopefully Margot van Erck will be an OK Activities Manager, isn't she new?

Hope Michele is there, or that Tim is his replacement (but i'm not counting on it), he really is fantastic!

Margot has been AM for a few years now, mostly on Oasis.

Tim is not the replacement on SY. It will be Bobby Brown. Read through the thread to see my thoughts on him. 

I agree with you on the itinerary (and ship in some cases) is the main reason to be on a cruise, but a good CD makes the experience much better for a cruiser. P&S are a joke indeed! Wish they would chill on us cruisers and let us relax on our vacation, not syphoned for money. 

Tim Connor is awesome! I had the pleasure to sail with him on Allure. What a treat and a hoot! Laughed so hard at every event. Sadly, I think his OA class days are done for now. @Joe01 have you heard differently?

34 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Tim Connor is awesome! I had the pleasure to sail with him on Allure. What a treat and a hoot! Laughed so hard at every event. Sadly, I think his OA class days are done for now. @Joe01 have you heard differently?

Same! We got to experience his awesomeness and comedic ways on Allure, this time two years ago. Hope he isn't done with the Oasis Class, he really is well suited for that class of ship in my opinion. But I do hope he blesses the others in the fleet with his Cruise Directing.

8 minutes ago, CraftyCat05 said:

Same! We got to experience his awesomeness and comedic ways on Allure, this time two years ago. Hope he isn't done with the Oasis Class, he really is well suited for that class of ship in my opinion. But I do hope he blesses the others in the fleet with his Cruise Directing.

My favourite events with him were Belly flop and the Quest! I laughed so hard I cried several times ? Still remember it.

4 hours ago, Joe01 said:

Margot has been AM for a few years now, mostly on Oasis.

Tim is not the replacement on SY. It will be Bobby Brown. Read through the thread to see my thoughts on him. 

noo... When will Bobby be on SY? Hopefully Margot will be able to balance him out... Not heard great things about Bobby.

5 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I don't know where he is over the Summer, but is back to Independence on September 22nd. Given that Indy has had a refurb and is doing more ports than OA/AL, I would say that it isn't a downgrade at all for Tim. You never know, he may end up on Harmony out of Port Canaveral next year.

noo... When will Bobby be on SY? Hopefully Margot will be able to balance him out... Not heard great things about Bobby.

I don't have the handover date. Hoping it will not be on either of my sailings. Fingers crossed that the schedule changes and you get someone else. That has happened before. Hopefully Margot is a high-energy AM, as Bobby needs an AM like Darryl or Tanya for much to work.

6 hours ago, Joe01 said:

I don't know where he is over the Summer, but is back to Independence on September 22nd. Given that Indy has had a refurb and is doing more ports than OA/AL, I would say that it isn't a downgrade at all for Tim. You never know, he may end up on Harmony out of Port Canaveral next year.

Any thoughts on who might end up on Harmony next March after Marc goes?

2 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Any thoughts on who might end up on Harmony next March after Marc goes?

Marc's schedule has recently changed (not sure what yet), but currently the plan is that he is on HM Aug 4th until Oct 6th. Dru Pavlov has been rotating on HM recently, but he would probably be on vacation by March if he returns in October. Not sure who it will be. Possibly Tim? Marc will likely be your CD when you go on Symphony though.

3 hours ago, Joe01 said:

Marc's schedule has recently changed (not sure what yet), but currently the plan is that he is on HM Aug 4th until Oct 6th. Dru Pavlov has been rotating on HM recently, but he would probably be on vacation by March if he returns in October. Not sure who it will be. Possibly Tim? Marc will likely be your CD when you go on Symphony though.

I don’t think it will be Tim, Joff Eaton confirmed on his twitter account that he was leaving Indy 28th September and Tim Connor would be returning.

1 hour ago, JamesGurner said:

I don’t think it will be Tim, Joff Eaton confirmed on his twitter account that he was leaving Indy 28th September and Tim Connor would be returning.

If he does 4 months on Indy from September 22nd to January, he could go to Harmony in March. Not impossible. I could see him going back to Canaveral as he has a young child and wife who live in the Orlando area.

38 minutes ago, Joe01 said:

If he does 4 months on Indy from September 22nd to January, he could go to Harmony in March. Not impossible. I could see him going back to Canaveral as he has a young child and wife who live in the Orlando area.

That would be amazing if that was the case!  Just no BB for the second time on Harmony lol

33 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

That would be amazing if that was the case!  Just no BB for the second time on Harmony lol

Fingers crossed for you. I just hope that the schedule has changed and he is not due back on SY either. Without saying too much, he just isn't what I feel is CD material and certainly not a style that I would emulate if I got on ships myself. On the other hand, Tim is fantastic and I hope to have the opportunity to sail with him in the future. He used to be Activities Manager to Joff (one of my favorite CD's) so I am confident that I would enjoy him.

Just now, CraftyCat05 said:

Hope you really enjoy it then! Maybe you'll their will even still be some new ship smells.

Will you be doing a Live Blog or Periscoping? Would love to follow you if you are!

I sure will be! Starting a LIVE thread on CC next week and currently setting up my Periscope account.

50 minutes ago, CraftyCat05 said:

Sounds good! I've noticed most don't do Live Blogs here on the RC blog boards and do it on CC, reach more people?

Lots of people do live blogs here. Check out the live blog section:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/forum/11-live-blogs/

I give Cruise Directors a lot of attention here, but less so about Activities Managers.

I've been following this for a while now and sadly, it seems that most of the best Activities Managers have moved on. There were several fantastic ones who tried to work towards becoming CD but ultimately went elsewhere. It's such a shame.

Anyone had a great AM on a prior cruise? Sometimes the AM can really step up when the CD is a dud.

@CraftyCat05 I'm afraid that per a recent CC post, Michele is off at the end of July, meaning that Bobby will be your CD. Sorry about that. I'm certainly glad that he isn't there for my sailings. Hopefully Margot can make up for not having a good CD. I'll provide feedback on her when I am on SY in 10 days.

4 hours ago, CraftyCat05 said:

@Joe01 So his last sailing is the 29th of July? Lol, there’s a possibility we get both then! Enjoy SY, only 10 days to go til you get to be on the biggest ship at sea.

I think Michele may be debarking on July 29th. This came from a very trusted source. As it is Symphony and a port intensive cruise, hopefully it won't matter too much. It was the Caribbean where people didn't care for BB. As a Scot, it does sadden me though that he is the only Scottish CD/AM that I have came across. I wish that there was a really dynamic one from up here. 

Also - Margot is said to be a strong AM.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:13 AM, Joe01 said:

Update for mid-June:

Ship

Cruise Director

Activities Manager

Adventure

Chris Brown

Marvin Wilson

Allure

Jimmy Rhodes

Angelle Rutten van Hemert

Anthem

Dennis Charles

Tanya Yates Tongue

Brilliance

Abe Hughes

Enzo Matijaca

Empress

Patricio Honores

Mickey Martin

Enchantment

Bobby Broughton        

Assata Young-Mayers

Explorer

Topi Ylönen

Aysy Sadrislamova

Freedom

Drew Devine

Alexander Schmidt

Grandeur 

Bob Leininger

Cecy del Razo

Harmony

Dru Pavlov

Jerry Kubli

Independence

Joff Eaton

Mark Rous

Jewel

Andrea Olivieri

Unknown

Liberty

Jeff Arpin

Alex Green

Mariner

Ricky Matthews

Renato Arana

Majesty

Susan Adams

Mauricio Diaz

Navigator

Rob McNally

Daniel Edward

Oasis

Dan Whitney

Tresha Robb

Ovation

Mike Hunnerup

Unknown

Quantum

Paul Rutter

Unknown

Radiance

Cuddy Cudworth

Unknown

Rhapsody

Elvis Pinto

Eric Lopez

Serenade

Symphony

Jamie Fentiman

Michele Scarpato

Caroline Peters

Margot van Erck

Vision

Steve Davis

Talita Leoni

Voyager

Michelle Oliveira

Troy Zhang

Please ask if you would like to know who will be onboard on a specific date. I may have the answer. 

Don't know if you have a listing this far out but I will be on the Allure of the Seas, August 4, 2019.....

Just now, VinceC said:

Don't know if you have a listing this far out but I will be on the Allure of the Seas, August 4, 2019.....

Sorry, but info is never published 14 months in advance. Allure has a regular Cruise Director, but they usually switch after around a year (2 years max).

1 minute ago, Joe01 said:

Sorry, but info is never published 14 months in advance. Allure has a regular Cruise Director, but they usually switch after around a year (2 years max).

Thank for the reply, I figured it probably would not be listed yet.   If I check in January, should we have a better idea?  and of course it would be dependent upon how long the CD has been on the ship already?