Current Cruise Director & Activities Manager List

Hello All,

I wanted to see if we could commence a running Cruise Director and Activities Manager list here on the Royal Caribbean Blog Boards.   As many of you know, the Cruise Director can be very influential in providing a fun and interactive experience while on a cruise and for this reason the question is often asked "who will be the cruise director on my sailing?" However, as with any position of importance, the Cruise Director also enlists the assistance of his or her Activities Manager to host a number of events throughout a sailing (e.g. trivia, bingo, karaoke, etc...).  Therefore, I would also like to keep the list updated with the current Activities Managers whom many of us develop strong relationships with based on our varying degrees of participation in ship events. 

While I know there are similar lists maintained elsewhere on the internet, my desire is to provide an easily accessed (thanks in part to the long-term edit function of these boards) and more user friendly document than what currently exists.  In addition to receiving regular updates from the fantastic blog community that fill these boards with Royal Caribbean knowledge everyday, I also hope to leverage Kat's evergrowing Periscope community to obtain real time and accurate updates as to who holds these very important positions throughout the Royal Caribbean fleet.   Below is my first stab at a draft of the list based on information I was able to retrieve from various social media and online content.  As you can see, there are some blanks, which I am sure many of you will be able to assist with filling in.  Please feel free to respond here with any list updates or any comments as to the format or layout of the document.

I would like to thank all of you in advance for any assistance you can provide with making this list a useful resource for Royal Caribbean cruisers.

28960224574_ed5cae0f72_b.jpg

I asked the very lovely Angelle Rutten van Hemert, activities director on Empress.  She said this was the last cruise for Carlos Torres as CD, and Elvis Pinto will be the permanent Cruise Director going forward. In addition Angelle's contract ends Oct 1.

Thank you very much, Ken!  Any intel on Angelle's replacement?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

When Cuddy was AM om Navigator back in '09, he was fantastic ......  Casey Pelter as CD is also really good ....

More recently, Andre Miller as AM on Grandeur was absolutely hysterical, hopefully he'll be back on when we board in September..... as for Paul Rutter, nice guy and all, but I wasn't overly impressed.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, firegal2539 said:

Just got off of the Indy and Rob McNally was the CD but I only saw him at the Not So Newly Wed Game and the parade in the Promenade. Wasn't too impressed with him.

Candie

I've never been that impressed with Rob - he's been CD twice when I've sailed

Quite like Joff Eaton - it's him when I sail on Indy in June - like the shoe laces!!

On 28 April 2017 at 11:20 AM, firegal2539 said:

Just got off of the Indy and Rob McNally was the CD but I only saw him at the Not So Newly Wed Game and the parade in the Promenade. Wasn't too impressed with him.

Candie

That was Rob's last Royal Caribbean cruise for the foreseeable future, per Marc's FB.

Doing Harmony B2B in first 2 weeks of July with Abe first week and Bobby Brown second. Looking forward to having Abe, have had Bobby before and wasn't too impressed, nice guy, but not a great CD for Harmony, better suited for smaller ships with an older clientele.

4 hours ago, Joe01 said:

That was Rob's last Royal Caribbean cruise for the foreseeable future, per Marc's FB.

Doing Harmony B2B in first 2 weeks of July with Abe first week and Bobby Brown second. Looking forward to having Abe, have had Bobby before and wasn't too impressed, nice guy, but not a great CD for Harmony, better suited for smaller ships with an older clientele.

Had Abe when he was on Anthem. He is fabulous. Personable, accessible and funny. We truly don't know when he sleeps-he's always around. Sailing on Adventure in 3 weeks. Does anyone know who the CD is and have any opinion?

3 hours ago, Skid said:

Had Abe when he was on Anthem. He is fabulous. Personable, accessible and funny. We truly don't know when he sleeps-he's always around. Sailing on Adventure in 3 weeks. Does anyone know who the CD is and have any opinion?

Adventure's CD is Casey Pelter. He is an OK CD, a bit of a dry sense of humour (which I liked), didn't enjoy his morning show, but did a reasonable job MC'ing the shows, seemed friendly enough. Had him on Serenade 4 years ago, and feel he would be a better fit for a bigger ship. A criticism was though that this was a summer holiday cruise and for about 4 of our 12 nights, the only show was at 10.30pm, which I feel was below par, maybe he scheduled more entertainment on a bigger ship.

I know that he gathered a lot of fans from his time on Freedom!

Thanks for the info on Abe, I know that he will be excellent. So far my favourite CD is Joff Eaton and least favourite is John Blair.