Current Cruise Director & Activities Manager List

2 hours ago, Joe01 said:

Well, that proved to be much harder than expected. Here is an update of everything that I know. If you find any other information, please let me know, because this list needs serious help.

1026573505_ScreenShot2019-05-06at14_19_54.thumb.png.2afaa96463deb5cd1220f8ac774b7358.png  

OK.... Now another update.   I am sweeting bullets here... LMAO...   Anyway, how is Jimmy Rhodes and Mike Hunnerup as CD and how is Flavio Maeda, even though it looks like they will both be out of there when I cruise on August 4th....

1 minute ago, VinceC said:

Boo hoo...  In your last update you have Mitch Merucci on the Allure in August.....

The update you quoted is from CC. I made my own update below which does not contain this information. Jimmy Rhodes is on AL until mid August and Mike Hunnerup will replace him - this info comes directly from Mitch Merucci himself.

2 hours ago, Joe01 said:

1026573505_ScreenShot2019-05-06at14_19_54.thumb.png.2afaa96463deb5cd1220f8ac774b7358.png

23 hours ago, Joe01 said:

Well, that proved to be much harder than expected. Here is an update of everything that I know. If you find any other information, please let me know, because this list needs serious help.

How do you find out all of this information?  Do you know someone on the inside?

6 minutes ago, VinceC said:

How do you find out all of this information?  Do you know someone on the inside?

I don't know anyone - although I am active on social media and some CD's post their contracts there. Some of the other info is from what cruisers both here and on CC have reported.

2 minutes ago, Curt From Canada said:

My only guess is that you now have a European CD on a European cruise.  Might be his choice, might be RC's ... maybe both.

Oasis is sailing in Europe, hence why I'm surprised he isn't going there.

Maybe he did request it though - less office work and more guest interaction on RH. Pros and cons to each class for CD's.

3 minutes ago, Curt From Canada said:

My only guess is that you now have a European CD on a European cruise.  Might be his choice, might be RC's ... maybe both.

1 minute ago, Joe01 said:

Oasis is sailing in Europe, hence why I'm surprised he isn't going there.

Maybe he did request it though - less office work and more guest interaction on RH.

Reminds me of another superb CD last summer who went on Rhapsody after being on Oasis and Allure and then left the company after that. ?

3 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Reminds me of another superb CD last summer who went on Rhapsody after being on Oasis and Allure and then left the company after that. ?

To be fair, Tim was only on RH as it was where he was needed while Joff was on ID. He returned to ID before he left.

Indy is the same ship that did Leigh Xuereb (another awesome CD) in, so I'm guessing that there issues with senior management there.

14 hours ago, The Legaults said:

Anyone know anything about Patricio on Freedom? We've never had him before. Our hands down favorite has been Dan Whitley......they guy was hilarious!

I've heard some good reviews of him before.

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 9:26 AM, Joe01 said:

Has anyone had Jimmy Rhodes as a CD?  if so, anything on how good he is?

18 minutes ago, VinceC said:

Has anyone had Jimmy Rhodes as a CD?  if so, anything on how good he is?

Yes - had him on Oasis 5 years ago. Didn't pay much attention as it was my first time on the Oasis Class but came across fun, friendly and energetic. I think his style appeals more to a younger audience and works better on the big ships, which is why some older people (mainly on CC) have given negative reviews but the younger guests love him.

2 hours ago, Joe01 said:

Yes - had him on Oasis 5 years ago. Didn't pay much attention as it was my first time on the Oasis Class but came across fun, friendly and energetic. I think his style appeals more to a younger audience and works better on the big ships, which is why some older people (mainly on CC) have given negative reviews but the younger guests love him.

Just because you get older doesn't mean you lose your sense of humour, everyone be it young or old is different and what one person finds funny another may not no matter the age.

CD i had on freedom didn't float my boat, in fact spending a weekend with the in-laws would have been more enjoyable and i've not seen them in years, it wasn't the fact he was almost invisible the whole cruise, it was simply the fact he didn't have the " patter"!

Anyone can learn jokes and things to say but that's just putting on a show,  being spontaneous, quick witted and having a wicked sense of humour is to me funny no matter the age.

2 hours ago, Ray said:

Just because you get older doesn't mean you lose your sense of humour, everyone be it young or old is different and what one person finds funny another may not no matter the age.

CD i had on freedom didn't float my boat, in fact spending a weekend with the in-laws would have been more enjoyable and i've not seen them in years, it wasn't the fact he was almost invisible the whole cruise, it was simply the fact he didn't have the " patter"!

Anyone can learn jokes and things to say but that's just putting on a show,  being spontaneous, quick witted and having a wicked sense of humour is to me funny no matter the age.

Bravo!

2 hours ago, Ray said:

I never said anything about sense of humour or older people losing it - please don't put words in my mouth as what you are implying means something totally different to what I am saying.

Having sailed with Jimmy and watched clips of him on YouTube, he has a CD style that appeals more to a younger audience. Older audiences tend to prefer someone less energetic and instead, one that is more visible and personable. The younger audiences tend to prefer someone energetic. Jimmy himself admitted in an interview (which is on YouTube) that he switched ships in his first CD contract because he worked better with a more energetic crowd. Younger and older audiences do bring different things to the table.

Also, there are generational trends also make one more appealing to a particular clientele. My parents (Generation X) have different tastes to me. Similarly, my grandparents (born before or during WW2) would also have different ideas of what is entertaining/appealing.

20 hours ago, Joe01 said:

. Older audiences tend to prefer someone less energetic and instead, one that is more visible and personable. The younger audiences tend to prefer someone energetic. 

Also, there are generational trends also make one more appealing to a particular clientele. My parents (Generation X) have different tastes to me. Similarly, my grandparents (born before or during WW2) would also have different ideas of what is entertaining/appealing.

Ok so im 51 this year and considering a cruise maybe in Oct, can you recommend a CD for me please ? 

23 minutes ago, Ray said:

Ok so im 51 this year and considering a cruise maybe in Oct, can you recommend a CD for me please ?<span>  

I don't know every single CD in the fleet, and 4 of the 9 CD's I have sailed with are no longer CD's with Royal.

And FWIW, 51 isn't what I would deem as old. By old, I'm meaning the 65+ (retirees) crowd that you tend to find on CC and they tend to do longer cruises on smaller ships.

1 minute ago, Mathew Jones said:

Just got off Liberty and had Brian Leavitt as the cruise director.  I would have to say that he was great.  Always very personable.  We ran into him several times on the cruise and he was always inviting and full of energy.  

Brilliant to hear. I was looking forward to hearing feedback of him given that he is new to Royal.

On 3/30/2019 at 4:25 PM, Catherine said:

Thank you. We do like Joff - maybe we’ll like Jamie too ?

Jamie has now left Indy and won't be back on a Royal ship in the foreseeable future. Cuddy Cudworth is taking over mid June instead.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, castle25 said:

Just off Indy.  Craig Cudworth is awful and the rest of the team are just as bad.  Ice skating is good, grease is good but rest of it was crap.  

Sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy Cuddy.

• 2 weeks later...

Time for an update!

• Adventure - Chris Brown joined early July (for 2 months?).
  • Allure - Jimmy Rhodes until late July/early August then Mike Hunnerup (date?).
  • Anthem - Dan Whitney started July 13 until August 29. Mitch Merucci returns from August 29 until January 5, 2020.
  • Brilliance - Rob McNally joined late April (unknown how long he is onboard)
  • Empress - Cecy del Razo joined mid July for 2 months then Elvis Pinto returns mid September
  • Enchantment - Bobby Broughton until August 28 and will return October 28 for 4 months.
  • Explorer - Clo O'Connor joined July 21 until sometime in October.
  • Freedom - Katy McCullagh (former AM on HM & SY) started mid-June (for 2 months?).
  • Grandeur - Cory Rogers until August 8 when John Blair returns from his vacation. John is on GR from August 8 - November 30.
  • Harmony - Dennis Charles started July 7 until September 29. Marc Walker returns September 29 for 4 months.
  • Independence - Cuddy Cudworth started June 11 until October.
  • Jewel - Simona Ferraiuolo started early July (for 2 months or 4 months?).
  • Liberty - Brian Leavitt until August 11 (next CD unknown).
  • Mariner - Marcelo Alvarado is onboard until early September (next CD unknown).
  • Majesty - Tanya Yates Tongue (Tornado Tanya) returned in June (for 4 months?).
  • Navigator - Hugo Arenas until mid August then Cory Rogers (for 2 months?).
  • Oasis - Mike Witte until August 18 (next CD unknown).
  • Ovation - Joff Eaton returned June 21 for 4 months.
  • Quantum - Paul Rutter returned in April and will likely be on vacation soon (next CD unknown).
  • Radiance - Susan Adams until late July (next CD unknown).
  • Rhapsody - Michele Scarpato started late April (for 4 months?).
  • Serenade - David Bradshawe until mid September then Carly Boileau returns (for 2 months?).
  • Spectrum - Fang Lixin joined mid June (for 4 months?).
  • Symphony - Mike Szwajkowski until August 17 then Ricky Matthews for 2 months. Mike returns from his vacation late October/early November.
  • Vision - Steve Davis returned May 6 for 4 months.
  • Voyager - Michelle Oliveira returned late May for 4 months.

I think that this is all of the available info. I have no idea where to start regarding AM info so only doing a CD list for now.

Just now, Skid said:

Was kind of looking forward to Hugo, but for 4 days, doesn't matter much. Actually never hear Cory's name. Any info?

Cory just joined Royal back in June on Grandeur. Reviews on CC have all been very positive. He was a CD on Carnival for a while if that helps.